ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
Motomochila OP
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 703
Calling SF Valley or Santa Clarita "Real" Adventure Riders

Howdy. I'm looking for a few hardy souls to go riding with. Why do I write "real" Adventure riders? My buddies, the guys I used to ride with own "Adventure" motorcycles of varying types and sizes, but they aren't real "Adventure" riders. They ride....once a year, bringing their camping gear and then stay in a Holiday Inn. If they join me on other occasions, the small bike group, we ride...until it's time for a beer. That's a good thing except when the beer break comes at the first 30 minute mark. Two hour beer break then another 30 minute ride. Not adventure by any stretch, unless you consider riding on the road with a .16 blowing the meter. Can your dual sport outrun a cop on the highway? Mine can't.

Anyway..I'm located in the SCV and ride often, weekdays or weekends whenever I can break away. Looking for fellow inmates who want to do more than an afternoon in the San Gabriel's . 300 miles for a day ride and a quick run through Death Valley for a weekend. I can ride with just about anyone and have the bikes to match -big, small, or street only. I'm almost an old bastard. At least that what my son-in-law says, but I can still pull him on most trails and all roads. I ride right from the house or trailer the smaller ones to wherever we can find a good and long route, (I know many), even off to Moab or Colorado for a 4-5 day ride on my 690, or slab it to Utah on the GSA to ride the Arizona strip.

You will have to endure the occasional Cuban cigar and American bourbon, (I don't drink scotch), and on rare occasions, my lazy ass buddies who may get jealous cause I'm riding and want to tag along. Other than that, I can change a tire in less than 15 minutes, carry my own tools, and over prep my bikes to ensure of no breakdowns. I've also been known to share my Cubans, and I promise to never ask you for your scotch.

Sound off here and let's start a new riding group...and yes Noobs are invited so long as your bike is in good shape.

Jerry (Motomochila- motorcycle backpacking)
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomochila View Post
Howdy. I'm looking for a few hardy souls to go riding with. Why do I write "real" Adventure riders? My buddies, the guys I used to ride with own "Adventure" motorcycles of varying types and sizes, but they aren't real "Adventure" riders. They ride....once a year, bringing their camping gear and then stay in a Holiday Inn. If they join me on other occasions, the small bike group, we ride...until it's time for a beer. That's a good thing except when the beer break comes at the first 30 minute mark. Two hour beer break then another 30 minute ride. Not adventure by any stretch, unless you consider riding on the road with a .16 blowing the meter. Can your dual sport outrun a cop on the highway? Mine can't.

Anyway..I'm located in the SCV and ride often, weekdays or weekends whenever I can break away. Looking for fellow inmates who want to do more than an afternoon in the San Gabriel's . 300 miles for a day ride and a quick run through Death Valley for a weekend. I can ride with just about anyone and have the bikes to match -big, small, or street only. I'm almost an old bastard. At least that what my son-in-law says, but I can still pull him on most trails and all roads. I ride right from the house or trailer the smaller ones to wherever we can find a good and long route, (I know many), even off to Moab or Colorado for a 4-5 day ride on my 690, or slab it to Utah on the GSA to ride the Arizona strip.

You will have to endure the occasional Cuban cigar and American bourbon, (I don't drink scotch), and on rare occasions, my lazy ass buddies who may get jealous cause I'm riding and want to tag along. Other than that, I can change a tire in less than 15 minutes, carry my own tools, and over prep my bikes to ensure of no breakdowns. I've also been known to share my Cubans, and I promise to never ask you for your scotch.

Sound off here and let's start a new riding group...and yes Noobs are invited so long as your bike is in good shape.

Jerry (Motomochila- motorcycle backpacking)
Jerry, I'm from the Central Valley (visalia)a bit further north of you. So when and where is the first ride?
Perry
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,180
Hmmm...put that way you sound like just my style. I too am almost an 'old bastard'. Only been riding since about 1968.

I don't drink and ride either, but sure love a cold one when it's done.

Post up a ride and see if some new peeps show up. Some 'real adventure riders'.

Subscribed...
Old 01-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Hmmm...put that way you sound like just my style. I too am almost an 'old bastard'. Only been riding since about 1968.

I don't drink and ride either, but sure love a cold one when it's done.

Post up a ride and see if some new peeps show up. Some 'real adventure riders'.

Subscribed...
Brownie, you are an OLD bastard, lets RIDE!

I'm ready for some "real ADVenture".
Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

The trusty husky...do I look old in these jeans?

Old 01-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
The trusty husky...do I look old in these jeans?

Well you asked, so that is an old mans bike...

The jeans?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #7
catalina38
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,519
Now this sounds like my kind of ADVenture riding.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862727

KTM 990R 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

^^ Yep...would ride anywhere with these two.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #9
CCer
missing

Oddometer: 197
I'm a bourbon drinker, smoke other people's cigars when offered, don't care for frequent beer breaks, and in the neighborhood, so may qualify. When's the first ride?
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
Motomochila OP
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 703
I'm off the the Antique motorcycle auction in Vegas today, hopefully to add another "gem" to my stable so no riding this weekend.

I'm looking at doing a short three day ride next week on the 17th. Mojave road to Laughlin on dual-sports or a loop through Death Valley over to Betty and home again on the GS. Weather will be the deciding factor. If its freezing in Betty, the Mojave road would be better but that's a 175 mile deep sand ride each way. If you have never done that trail, its a hoot. Petroglyph's and cool history along the way.

Jerry
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
elektron
effin ef

Oddometer: 259
*subscribed*

New to SF and looking for folks to ride with..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #12
HanzoSteel
n00bish

Oddometer: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektron View Post
*subscribed*

New to SF and looking for folks to ride with..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
SF Valley = San Fernando Valley, about 6 hours south from San Fransisco.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
elektron
effin ef

Oddometer: 259
Damn. ;-)

Like I said, I'm new out here...

Thanks..
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #14
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,166
Im in Valencia, i ride Rowher/DWF/San Fran/Lake hughes all the time, but having 3 young kids and tons of shit to do i just go out for an hour or two once or twice a week.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #15
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,442
Hey Jerry,
Always looking for a BIG bike ride, iv'e been the riding the SE more than ever as of late. BTW, how's peter enjoying my beloved 950ADV?

RIDE ON!