ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #31
JayWNC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Sounds like a plan! I will be there for the Hot Springs ride on my DRZ400S, and I am still very interested in the TAT ride as well.

I'm good with staying at the Iron Horse Station if we get a good group rate, or camping at Hot Springs Campground if everyone's into that.
JayWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #32
TylerSC OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Update - tomorrow I will reserve a cabin at the campground in Hot Springs that sleeps 8. Linens not included, so you'll need a sleeping bag. It is heated though, so your lightest bag should suffice. $85 per night total. I will rent it for Friday and Saturday nights.
TylerSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #33
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Thumb Cabin rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSC View Post
Update - tomorrow I will reserve a cabin at the campground in Hot Springs that sleeps 8. Linens not included, so you'll need a sleeping bag. It is heated though, so your lightest bag should suffice. $85 per night total. I will rent it for Friday and Saturday nights.
In for the cabin rental. Thanks Tyler.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #34
TylerSC OP
Adventurer

Gentlemen, I have rented two cabins, each of which has three beds, for March 21 and 22. Veesquared is in, so there is room for four more. Please confirm by replying to this thread. There are other places to stay if more want to come. The cost per person at six people total is only about $50 total to cover both nights. Pretty good deal! But there's only a half bath, I think you have to go to another building to take a shower. Still, $50 is pretty good.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #35
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
tyler, I can most likely come up and show you guys around. I know a lot of the trails in that area. Also, if you're on facebook. check out east Tennessee adventure riders.
good bunch of guys!
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #36
he man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Hey guys, I'm planning to ride the western section of the TAT in august. I have a month of time off and live on the east coast and i'm sick and tired of seeing trees and overgrown hills, so I've been thinking of blasting through the east and starting the TAT in CO and spending most of my time there.

This is mostly because I'm doing it solo. Maybe we can meet up in Colorado depending on when you leave (my leave date is dependeant on how work is looking in July).

How long are you guys looking to complete the TAT in?
he man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #37
trespalacios
Oh libertad

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35xj View Post
tyler, I can most likely come up and show you guys around. I know a lot of the trails in that area. Also, if you're on facebook. check out east Tennessee adventure riders.
good bunch of guys!
Dave not sure if you remember Tyler sitting by the fire at Broxton with us with his expensive whiskey . Now I'd like to come ride some of those trails.

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #38
JayWNC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Cabin Rental

Tyler:

I'm in for the cabin rental. Do you want money for it in advance, or do you just want to collect it on the spot? I will be there both nights.

Also, I have a nice map of the Hot Springs area and a rollchart for a ride I've done there before. I'll bring that with me and maybe Friday we could look at that and also see what anyone else has for comparisons.

Jay
JayWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #39
TylerSC OP
Adventurer

Everyone can just pay when you get there. There is a two-week deadline to get a refund from the campground, so if anyone needs to cancel please let me know ASAP.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #40
TylerSC OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWNC View Post
Tyler:

I'm in for the cabin rental. Do you want money for it in advance, or do you just want to collect it on the spot? I will be there both nights.

Also, I have a nice map of the Hot Springs area and a rollchart for a ride I've done there before. I'll bring that with me and maybe Friday we could look at that and also see what anyone else has for comparisons.

Jay
Awesome!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #41
TylerSC OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trespalacios View Post
Dave not sure if you remember Tyler sitting by the fire at Broxton with us with his expensive whiskey . Now I'd like to come ride some of those trails.
Thanks 35xj! I have ridden the area a lot, but almost all paved, so your knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Ricardo, I hope you can make it up there. Let me know if you want a cabin spot.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #42
gravityisnotmyfriend
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 947
My TAT adventure is scheduled for late summer of 2015 - but I'll be watching this thread progress.

One word of warning, though. Do not tell anyone at U-Haul that you plan on hauling bikes in their trucks. There's no specific policy that they can cite, but if you tell them that up front, they will tell you that they have nothing to rent. I've that happen to two groups. You don't have to lie - but just don't have 6 muddy guys in riding gear storm the UHaul lobby or you'll be riding those bikes back!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #43
hairball29
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Sounds good. I'll be up for a camping visit.

Thanks for organizing
hairball29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #44
motobutane
Dirt ╭∩╮ . ╭∩╮only

Oddometer: 260
I know y'all have probably looked at hundred's of TAT sites but this one was interesting. https://sites.google.com/site/gpskev...-america-trail

motobutane screwed with this post 02-13-2014 at 08:29 AM Reason: Wrong link
motobutane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #45
hairball29
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobutane View Post
I know y'all have probably looked at hundred's of TAT sites but this one was interesting. https://sites.google.com/site/gpskev...-america-trail
That's a good site. Thanks

I downloaded the GPX files and imported them into MotionX on my iPhone. it looks pretty comprehensive with lots of waypoints for hotels, gas, etc.

It shows the full NY - LA version, too.
hairball29 is offline   Reply With Quote