ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #16
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkieTenere View Post
Come on Albie!!! You gotta enjoy the scenery at least a little! Kept waiting for you to look to your right so we could get a glimpse of the awesome view at the top of the switchbacks and huggin the edge of the mountain....
Sorry, but I've been up and down that road so much I guess I don't even think to take in the scenery
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #17
zvez OP
Adventurer
 
zvez's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 88
very nice indeed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch View Post
This is a go pro vid of 123 S. from Mt. Judea to 16 just to give you a taste of what the roads are like in the N.W. Ar. area. Very rural, not much traffic, little if any police presence, just slow down thru towns. This is kind of long, and I'm no Valintino Rossi OK?

__________________
Chris

13 Dookahti mts GT
zvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #18
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkieTenere View Post
So push mtn aka 341 is being patroled alot? I hadn't heard. What a waste of taxpayer $$ imo for cops to be out there just to catch those pushing the limits a bit.....There Is little to nothing out there...very few side roads etc .. which Is what makes it so great. Go somewhere to catch the real lawbreakers or at least catch the speeders that are actually a danger to others in populated areas...not just themselves on an isolated road..
The biggest reason Push Mtn is being patrolled now is the sheer volume of squids who treat it like a personal race track. They go fast, crash, and have to be air lifted out. All which takes time and resources away from the sheriffs dept and the first responders/emts.

I live just north of Push Mtn in Mtn Home. There's also some great roads in lower MO as well. PM me if you make it this far, there's a MTS rider in town as well, and I can drag my slow ol' Beemer along as well.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #19
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,130
Oh yeah

Stay away from Abes BBQ in Clarksdale. The reality don't meet up with the hype.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #20
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
Stay away from Abes BBQ in Clarksdale. The reality don't meet up with the hype.

You got that right.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:15 AM   #21
ArkieTenere
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Greenbrier, Arkansas
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
The biggest reason Push Mtn is being patrolled now is the sheer volume of squids who treat it like a personal race track. They go fast, crash, and have to be air lifted out. All which takes time and resources away from the sheriffs dept and the first responders/emts.

I live just north of Push Mtn in Mtn Home. There's also some great roads in lower MO as well. PM me if you make it this far, there's a MTS rider in town as well, and I can drag my slow ol' Beemer along as well.
Makes sense.... so that is happening alot? I stand corrected.....
ArkieTenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:44 AM   #22
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: S. W. Mssouri
Oddometer: 5,384
76 near the lake has a decreasing radius turn that claims a few every year.

Eureka Springs is a great little town to visit once. Highway 63 west out of there, if you can avoid the traffic is great. Highway 187 is scenic, and not to miss. Not the best Duc road, but such nice scenery. !87 south of 63 to the beaver lake dam is a good Duc road. The road over Mt Magazine, and the south side is a keeper too.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:04 AM   #23
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
The biggest reason Push Mtn is being patrolled now is the sheer volume of squids who treat it like a personal race track.
Yeah, so.....

I didn't get over there much last year but the year before I was on it quite a bit and I only saw 1 sheriff on it that I can ever remember. In fact hardly ever saw andy motorcycles on it. It seemed like the bike traffic had dropped off significantly from previous years.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #24
ArkieTenere
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Greenbrier, Arkansas
Oddometer: 163
well... I won't have that problem since I can ride my Tenere much slower than I did my FJR and still have fun... or I'm just gettin' old and wise.. and doesn't take as much to get my thrill on... oh... and I do try to take in the scenery a bit when I ride so I have to slow it down, at least some...
ArkieTenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #25
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 28,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkieTenere View Post
well... I won't have that problem since I can ride my Tenere much slower than I did my FJR and still have fun... or I'm just gettin' old and wise.. and doesn't take as much to get my thrill on... oh... and I do try to take in the scenery a bit when I ride so I have to slow it down, at least some...
never understood the ride fast thing..as much as I like to ride, why would I want to ride fast which will end the ride faster.

ride slow, and make it last longer

YMMV
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 AM   #26
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath
 
ozarkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Twin Lakes, AR
Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Yeah, so.....

I didn't get over there much last year but the year before I was on it quite a bit and I only saw 1 sheriff on it that I can ever remember. In fact hardly ever saw andy motorcycles on it. It seemed like the bike traffic had dropped off significantly from previous years.
You don't getta vote, yer a toorist now.

Fish & Game is writing tickets as well. Anything by anyone for revenue generation.
__________________
O'Jay

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #27
ArkieTenere
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Greenbrier, Arkansas
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
never understood the ride fast thing..as much as I like to ride, why would I want to ride fast which will end the ride faster.

ride slow, and make it last longer

YMMV
Yea... but the OP and his crew sound like they are on Ducati's so a bit more speed than us mere mortals might be their cup o tea....

Been there, done that .. for me, at this point in my life anyway... the downside is just too much to risk to push it all that hard... at least on pavement. Once I get in the dirt on my smaller bike... my ole' inner child comes out and I tend to push it more than I probably should
ArkieTenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #28
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
You don't getta vote, yer a toorist now.

Fish & Game is writing tickets as well. Anything by anyone for revenue generation.
Yeah, I remember we got stopped once by a park ranger and we weren't even riding in a park. She only gave the lead rider a ticket though. said he was the only one she clocked.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:13 AM   #29
Urbanhermit
Urbanhermit
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Panhandle Florida
Oddometer: 5
Harrison

Without benefit of having been to NW AR yet myself (in the planning stage), would mention that the City of Harrison's website lists six interesting-looking motorcycle rides and the city itself appears to be deliberately motorcycle-friendly.
Urbanhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #30
DrLewall
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 28,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanhermit View Post
Without benefit of having been to NW AR yet myself (in the planning stage), would mention that the State of Arkansas website has a list of endless, wonderful motorcycle rides and appears to be deliberately motorcycle-friendly.
fixt!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014