ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
grahew OP
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 9
1190 Adventure Seat

finding the current std seat a little hard has any body got had the heated seat and is it any softer?............Ta
grahew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahew View Post
finding the current std seat a little hard has any body got had the heated seat and is it any softer?............Ta

Don't have one but all that I've asked that do have it say it is more comfortable/better than stock.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
OhBoy
Got Out

Oddometer: 1,153
1190 seat

You might consider one of these, Medium Advanced Comfort Fleece Covered Seat Pad.

Synthetic sheep skin with a Gel Pad inside. $84
Old 03-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
RobZorba
RobZorba

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahew View Post
Yes, it's softer and better molded. It's also slightly deeper / taller compared with the standard seat, by about 1 inch. The covering material is also high quality and has better grip. I have a damaged lower back and the "Ergo" seat does not cause me any pain. I think you can order the rider and passenger "Ergo" seats separately, so you could try the rider seat first before committing to upgrade the passenger seat.
RobZorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
mountain36
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZorba View Post
Yes, it's softer and better molded. It's also slightly deeper / taller compared with the standard seat, by about 1 inch. The covering material is also high quality and has better grip. I have a damaged lower back and the "Ergo" seat does not cause me any pain. I think you can order the rider and passenger "Ergo" seats separately, so you could try the rider seat first before committing to upgrade the passenger seat.
Ergo seat is taller, but I think I heard that, because of the way it is shaped, it doesn't really affect the rider's capacity to touch the ground compared to the oem seat. Did you guys notice that?
mountain36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
RobZorba
RobZorba

Oddometer: 405
I posted some pics here, you can see the ergo seats fitted to my 'R. I sat on the standard seats at the dealer's showroom in Athens, they are slightly wider with less foam on them, and were nowhere near as comfortable as the Ergo seats for me. On the 'R the Ergo seat in lowest position is about 2 inches taller than the R's rally seat, and 3 inches taller when fitted in the high position. The R's rally seat is the least comfortable for me. If anyone in Europe wants it, make me an offer - it is brand new and unused. The downside of fitting the Ergo seats to the 'R is that you need a 33 inch inseam to touch the floor with both feet on tip-toes, and a 34 inch inseam to have both feet flat on the floor.
RobZorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:04 AM   #7
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,689
I did close to a 300 miles day last Sunday and I thought the Ergo seat was really good....course I have sheep skin on it also

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,796
Bluhduh Could be that the older I get the less ass I have!

I bought a Air Hawk yesterday, the seat on R is fine for day trips. But I can see it getting hard after 300 miles. I did about that last weekend and it started to get a little uncomfortable. Had to do some shifting around in the seat and the bumps on the dirt roads seamed a little harder. That went away when I put it in sport mode and started to play a little.