Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #76
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Just an opinion....but....

If you guys look back through the least few years of input on this forum you will see some well accepted precepts.

1) The TKC in the 21" flavor is not really a knobbie and is one of the most dangerous tires on the highway if you get a flat. The sidewall is sooo soft on the TKC that it pinch flats or tacos rims more than any tire ever made...In a blowout situation at speed the lack of sidewall rigidity makes it a pucker ride...ask me How I know....

2) If you are riding enough dirt to justify a 908 rear....then the 606 front makes the most sense...The 606 is pretty damn good on pavement and will out perform anything short of the 908 in dirt....Also the stiffer sidewall protects the rim and can handle pressure loss at speed..

3) Mitas, MT21, Kenda, Karoo, Heidis, Mefos etc etc are street tires that do not need to me mated to a 908 rear....
+1

The 908 front is terrifying on pavement until the knobs start to round of a bit.

TKC's are so soft you can break the bead with your boot, I've done it. I hit a parking lot curb at 25 mph with my 908 front HARD and I didn't even get a pinch flat, much less damage to the tire or rim.

I'm debating on trying a 606 front or staying with the 908 for my off road wheels, but the Karoo's are essentially street tires with a funny tread pattern.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #77
wsmc99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Kenda Trackmaster 760 - seriously folks, try it. DOT approved, good sidewall, good on the road, does the biz in the dirt.
wsmc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:52 AM   #78
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
It isn't the rear tire that causes it. It is the front tire. Lots of people who received their bike with the 908 front report this issue. And for the record I did setup my suspension, short of changing the front springs which I know I should do.

ben
Going to be pretty hard to get a good front ride height with to soft springs.

The lower the front is, the more wobble, until you get way to much trail and then it comes back again.
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #79
armourbl OP
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post
Going to be pretty hard to get a good front ride height with to soft springs.

The lower the front is, the more wobble, until you get way to much trail and then it comes back again.
I have the right springs now, but haven't tried the 908 yet with them. Might try that after this T63 wears out.

ben