Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #151
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,878
FINALLY... I was waiting for the big bike version. I am IN for one of those to replace my GL Great Basin.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #152
wachs OP
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDuke View Post
For those of us active prepping for travel, give us a timeline. I like what I see and was near ready to outfit a couple bikes for a spring trip to Baja. A timeline for a full description and sales will help.

Yes, apologies for the lack of firm delivery dates but we are working frantically to resolve some production details and final pricing. We just couldn't wait to share the new layouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragos View Post
Yes, but I was thinking about keeping them narrow.
A smaller bag for the right side, that sits above the exhaust, would solve that.
We'll have some more information and images very soon on the profiles, weights and capacities but FYI - yes, we have patterns and samples that are asymmetrical for one-sided exhaust systems like the Vee Strom shown and the new GS1200R. Both have right side exhaust so that side is 6" deep (or wide) and the other side is 8". We have flipped the patterns for older BMWs with left side exhaust so that we have that covered too.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #153
LtsGoRyd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Have these been tried on a.....

plated xr400 by any chance? Great common sense design and approach for user friendly waterproof bags with options to boot.....Seems like a no brainer to me. Is there any type of manufacturing warranty(defects ect.), crash replacement possible discount, repair service thoughts? Just thinking about someone's bike getting sleepy somewhere. So far, count me in on the list. Very interested on estimated availability dates, and prices. Would luv to see this on plated xr400. Keep the teasers, and post comin, so we can help you recoup that Research and Development money back. Great looking product, cheers.
LtsGoRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #154
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 682
These look sweet, well thought out and designed.

I suspect there will be a big wave of Giant Loop gear hitting the flea market soon!
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #155
haildamage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
i will be needing a new system soon and was lamenting that GL is perfect except that they arent waterproof. that is a big problem here in rainy japan. on my 11 day Hokkaido tour i saw rain everyday. i stopped packing my rain gear in the end as i was pulling it back out too often. GL would have been a problem on a tour like that but i was running ortliebs.

can you give us a clue on the availability date?!?
haildamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #156
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtsGoRyd View Post
plated xr400 by any chance? Great common sense design and approach for user friendly waterproof bags with options to boot.....Seems like a no brainer to me. Is there any type of manufacturing warranty(defects ect.), crash replacement possible discount, repair service thoughts? Just thinking about someone's bike getting sleepy somewhere. So far, count me in on the list. Very interested on estimated availability dates, and prices. Would luv to see this on plated xr400. Keep the teasers, and post comin, so we can help you recoup that Research and Development money back. Great looking product, cheers.
I doubt beyond a reasonable level that there should be any warranty for damage from a bike falling over. That's the owners responsibility.
rmhrc628 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #157
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
These look sweet, well thought out and designed.

I suspect there will be a big wave of Giant Loop gear hitting the flea market soon!
All of mine will be!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:50 PM   #158
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post

I'll keep mine to loan out to friends.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:35 AM   #159
FreeTheBeast
valebat ascensorem

Oddometer: 2,963
Cool2 Tank bag?

AltRider will offer a tank bag? Is that what I see on the Vstrom?

I'm interested to see how this stuff would adapt to older models.

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route to ride the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #160
LtsGoRyd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
I doubt beyond a reasonable level that there should be any warranty for damage from a bike falling over. That's the owners responsibility.
Didn't say warranty replacement for damage of bike falling over. I said, "any type of manufacturing warranty (defects ect.) , crash replacement warranty discount, repair service thoughts?"

"crash replacement warranty DISCOUNT. NOT free replacement of accidental or intentional sleeping bike. Big difference. Best example would be Cannondale Bicycles. They, when USA owned offered a Crash Replacement Discount. Meaning, even if it was your fault for crashing their bike frame, or accident related, you took your bike(complete) or just frame to your dealer. They contacted Cannondale, got RA# for product and sent it back to Cannondale in Bedford, PA. They at Bedford inspected product, did an evaluation of product for research and development program of how and where damage occurred and how, why it failed. In the meantime, you were given the Option of Purchasing New(same product if still made, if not, you got next step up) replacement product at GREATLY REDUCED PRICE (BELOW YOUR REATAILER DEALER COST), NOT FREE. OR if it was Defect problem(manufacturing problem, Material problem) you could get same model free, or, if it was no longer made you got next model up free. You just had to get your parts put back on. (I've sold Cannondale Bicycles and Product in industry for 10yrs.)

Just trying to clear up confusion on my earlier statement. NO FREE PRODUCT for sleeping bike, I said "crash replacement DISCOUNT."

Also anything in full caps, I'm not shouting just emphasizing critical points in my statement. I'm not mad, just don't want my words twisted or misstated. I've met some awesome folks here, and it is a fantastic resource for all. Don't sweat the small stuff. Friendly, Fun, Fantastic Forum For All. Now, Lets Go Ride... Cheers
LtsGoRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:30 AM   #161
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtsGoRyd View Post
Didn't say warranty replacement for damage of bike falling over. I said, "any type of manufacturing warranty (defects ect.) , crash replacement warranty discount, repair service thoughts?"

"crash replacement warranty DISCOUNT. NOT free replacement of accidental or intentional sleeping bike. Big difference. Best example would be Cannondale Bicycles. They, when USA owned offered a Crash Replacement Discount. Meaning, even if it was your fault for crashing their bike frame, or accident related, you took your bike(complete) or just frame to your dealer. They contacted Cannondale, got RA# for product and sent it back to Cannondale in Bedford, PA. They at Bedford inspected product, did an evaluation of product for research and development program of how and where damage occurred and how, why it failed. In the meantime, you were given the Option of Purchasing New(same product if still made, if not, you got next step up) replacement product at GREATLY REDUCED PRICE (BELOW YOUR REATAILER DEALER COST), NOT FREE. OR if it was Defect problem(manufacturing problem, Material problem) you could get same model free, or, if it was no longer made you got next model up free. You just had to get your parts put back on. (I've sold Cannondale Bicycles and Product in industry for 10yrs.)

Just trying to clear up confusion on my earlier statement. NO FREE PRODUCT for sleeping bike, I said "crash replacement DISCOUNT."

Also anything in full caps, I'm not shouting just emphasizing critical points in my statement. I'm not mad, just don't want my words twisted or misstated. I've met some awesome folks here, and it is a fantastic resource for all. Don't sweat the small stuff. Friendly, Fun, Fantastic Forum For All. Now, Lets Go Ride... Cheers

RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #162
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs View Post
There's more for the big bikes too -

Lower waterproof stowage for tools/heavy stuff.

Custom dry bag shape so that beast still rides well and easy access too

Check out the bald Scorpion on barely thawed desert pudding and throttle position

(thanks KW, Hanksmybuddy & Pedrom for the shots and action!)

more . . .

Looks nice Dave but I could see myself forgetting to buckle up and losing my stuff out the rear entry/exit
Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 AM   #163
FreeTheBeast
valebat ascensorem

Oddometer: 2,963
Talking 1 time

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby View Post
Looks nice Dave but I could see myself forgetting to buckle up and losing my stuff out the rear entry/exit
Probably, you would do that only once…

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route to ride the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #164
Granparacer
Old but not dead

Oddometer: 230
Anything that may fall off should be brightly colored. I have looked long and hard for black roll-ups. Mine are all yellow or orange now!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #165
nmtrialsguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Thumb Wow, sleepy bike discounts!

Just offering a discount for stuff trashed by sleepy bikes is awesome. Wanting a set of these for my DRZ, so will wait patiently subscribed for news about when they can be ordered! Good work!
nmtrialsguy is online now   Reply With Quote