Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 01:46 AM   #391
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
More photos please! Preferably on bikes with loads packed?
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #392
circusinthesky
SemperFidelisTyrannosaur

Oddometer: 287
Ordered one from MC Superstore. Guessing the Universal Heat Shield will fit a KTM 350 EXC.
circusinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #393
wachs OP
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by circusinthesky View Post
Ordered one from MC Superstore. Guessing the Universal Heat Shield will fit a KTM 350 EXC.

Yes, the Heat Shield will fit on your KTM perfectly!

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #394
SpudBob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Got my email too! Mines coming too! Ordered mine from Revzilla and its coming direct from AltRider. I also got free shipping and $15 "Zilla" Cash which I used to buy the Heat shield. Saved about $60 because AltRider wanted $42 to ship plus I got the $15 bonus

SpudBob screwed with this post 05-09-2014 at 11:55 AM
SpudBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #395
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs View Post
Looking forward to your report!

Sadly no report from me. I sent ya a PM Dave.
Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #396
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudBob View Post
Got my email too! Mines coming too! Ordered mine from Revzilla and its coming direct from AltRider. I also got free shipping and $15 "Zilla" Cash which I used to buy the Heat shield. Saved about $60 because AltRider wanted $42 to ship plus I got the $15 bonus
I was at AltRider today and was watching them busy packing pre-orders for you guys. Had a good look at the tank bag, and saddlebags. Very nicely made. They made the logo smaller, looks better.

They look like they will fit great on my smallest bike, the FE390, too.
Just a quick toss on the bike for holster fit test, didn't have any stuffing the in the main bag.

I would need a little exhaust can heat guard but the AltRider one is too wide and flat to properly fit the angular OEM Berg/KTM can, the guard rests right on the exhaust can metal with no air gap. A heat guard a bit narrower would work better on that particular bike/can setup.

They had none to sell me, all pre-ordered, so I'll wait for the next batch, no problem.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:19 AM   #397
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
I was at AltRider today and was watching them busy packing pre-orders for you guys. Had a good look at the tank bag, and saddlebags. Very nicely made. They made the logo smaller, looks better.

They look like they will fit great on my smallest bike, the FE390, too.
Just a quick toss on the bike for holster fit test, didn't have any stuffing the in the main bag.

I would need a little exhaust can heat guard but the AltRider one is too wide and flat to properly fit the angular OEM Berg/KTM can, the guard rests right on the exhaust can metal with no air gap. A heat guard a bit narrower would work better on that particular bike/can setup.

They had none to sell me, all pre-ordered, so I'll wait for the next batch, no problem.
Ah, well atleast you got a answer! I waited for 20 min at the door with no answer and left. But if they had none to sell I guess it doesn't matter in the long run. A week of single track in Oregon and eastern WA here I come!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #398
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creation View Post
Ah, well atleast you got a answer! I waited for 20 min at the door with no answer and left. But if they had none to sell I guess it doesn't matter in the long run. A week of single track in Oregon and eastern WA here I come!
Keep in mind that AltRider is a small company and were working hard with a big batch of luggage boxes that came in, so out and around a bit. If you are at their door again, just holler and somebody should hear. They are great folks and really do care about the moto industry and riders. I understood they didn't have any extra before I came in because I called first. However I did want to have a look at it and they had demo units out for me to play with.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #399
SpudBob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Wachsbagen

yea! Fedex truck showed up this AM with a package from AltRider! Thats pretty fast service! I preordered mine from Revzilla but ,like many second tier distributers, they came direct from the manufacturer.
The bags look very well made and my initial impression is very promising.
SpudBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #400
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Keep in mind that AltRider is a small company and were working hard with a big batch of luggage boxes that came in, so out and around a bit. If you are at their door again, just holler and somebody should hear. They are great folks and really do care about the moto industry and riders. I understood they didn't have any extra before I came in because I called first. However I did want to have a look at it and they had demo units out for me to play with.
I hollered and hooted, knocked, called, in short of busting the door I don't know what else I could have done. Thursday I got there at 5:50 so I figured they had left early, Friday I got there at 5:38 according to my iphone and left a note after probably looking like an idiot knocking on the door and windows and calling for 20min , I have a preorder in place but it doesn't look like it will be delivered until Monday. I've been behind this since day one and did a preorder as soon as it came onto the site even though the high cost of shipping when they are 8minutes away from my home. When I saw the ship date I figured it wouldn't get to me in time so I tried calling 9 times the past 2 days according to my phone logs this week hoping to buy one in store. After Dave said the truck brought some to the Seattle store I hoped to pick one up just so I could do a review on my 6 day trip with the bag and would keep the second as a spare or sell to an inmate

I still have one of the original giantloops and that what is going to be coming with me on this trip now. Hopefully it will be waiting on my step when I get back next Sunday.

Edit: I don't have any bad feelings towards the company. My hopes were too high. Just wanted to make that clear.

Creation screwed with this post 05-10-2014 at 11:18 AM
Old 05-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #401
circusinthesky
SemperFidelisTyrannosaur

Oddometer: 287
When I called to order, AltRider were out of stock. The guy on the phone spent about five min looking around to figure out which retailers would have some in stock. Pretty helpful.
circusinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #402
B3EAR
Sheepdog

Oddometer: 123
Got mine a couple days ago! Now I just need a bike to put em' on... Oh wait! Its gonna be here this week!! Woot Woot!!!

Both tank bag and the saddlebag look great. Very well made in my opinion. Can't wait to try em' out.
B3EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #403
wachs OP
just passin' through

Kurt stopped by yesterday out on a test ride with his new Altrider Hemisphere kit on his cool KTM 350.

Will post his custom connection set up in a bit . . .

Old 05-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #404
wachs OP
just passin' through

The left side lower connection easily wraps around the subframe to make a nice and short strap -

The right side is easily modified using this small part from Ace Hardware, using the stock collared washer and a 'D' ring. Kurt had this one laying around his shop.

This a welded stainless 'D' ring available through marine supply -

It is important that the 'D' ring is welded or that you use a circular ring that is not just stamped - it must be solid as this is the most important connection to the bike.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #405
kurtw
Child of the Wind

Oddometer: 209
2014 ALTRIDER Luggage

A few more unnecessarily verbose details:

This is a 2013 KTM exc (the other excs are all the same)

The RHS mount is important because just looping around the subframe on this side risks melting your strap due to proximity to the exhaust.

This 1 inch d ring (round ring works too) can be found on Amazon, marine supply store, or saddlery shop. Make sure the ends are welded. My Ace only had non welded ones.

The clamp is just an "insulated clamp" from Ace. You could also get a dring with a flat two bolt mount and bend it around for one bolt.

I replaced the shorter inset subframe bolt with a slightly longer one and a collared washer to make up for the fact the the clamp is flush mounted instead of inset.
kurtw is offline   Reply With Quote