Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #481
wachs OP
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalsphere View Post
Has anyone gotten their hands on and tested the Hemisphere Panniers yet? Looking at that system as luggage for my Tenere. 120 liters is a LOT of storage, probably more than I'll ever need, but I do tend to carry a bunch of gear around for my job.
The factory is shipping them next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgrayghost View Post
Hemisphere saddle bag is on the way!
You're gonna love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalsphere View Post
Could anyone (Wachs?) help me out and answer a few questions about the Panniers:

What are the capacities of each of the compartments- the two lower, two upper, and top bag?

Is there any designated place to put fuel/water?

What do the bags act like when they are empty?

Thank you! I'm just about "sold" on them.
Capacities depend on which bike you're putting it on for example the Center Exhaust version is symmetrical and 6" wide on both sides so it doesn't hold quite the same as the Right Side Exhaust or the Left Side Exhaust which are 6" and 8" wide.

I use the lower dry bag compartment to carry fuel or water as it keeps the load as low as possible and is very secure, but there is no specific holster for a bottle.

The bags ride like they are not there when empty, plus the top kit is removable if you don't want to take it along.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #482
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 662
Kinda late here but add me to the "interested in holster" crowd. I have a pair of drybags I use on my GS and have been looking for a way to carry them on the DR350 so I can take some extended trips on that. The holster looks just the ticket!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #483
motorcyclekarma
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hemisphere Saddle bag on 690 Enduro R

Hi guys I totally love this saddle bag but because of the position of the fuel cap on the 690 I'm wondering how the bag sits/fits and wether the bag needs to be moved every time one refuels, and if that is much of a hassle or not.
motorcyclekarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #484
oldgrayghost
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Hemisphere saddle bag, It's here!

Wachs you were right!!! I love it! Sierra bound this week.
oldgrayghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #485
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,282
Sorting through pictures from my trip then I'll post up what I think of the bag today.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #486
wachs OP
just passin' through

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
Kinda late here but add me to the "interested in holster" crowd. I have a pair of drybags I use on my GS and have been looking for a way to carry them on the DR350 so I can take some extended trips on that. The holster looks just the ticket!

Thanks for the interest. We're sorting that out right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclekarma View Post
Hi guys I totally love this saddle bag but because of the position of the fuel cap on the 690 I'm wondering how the bag sits/fits and wether the bag needs to be moved every time one refuels, and if that is much of a hassle or not.

KurtW has some good answers for you on the fueling topic. He took it to Moab on his 690 and only has to loosen one side of the lower connections to move the bag rearward slightly for fuel cap access. I'll get him to chime in here with details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgrayghost View Post
Wachs you were right!!! I love it! Sierra bound this week.
Cool! Have a great ride and let us know how it worked for you sir!

Old 07-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #487
kurtw
Child of the Wind

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclekarma View Post
MK, it does need to be moved out if the way to refuel, but it doesn't have to be removed completely. I just loosen one side a little, just enough to slide it back to release the fender hooks. Then you just shift it to the back of the seat to where the filler cap is unobstructed. Let me know if you want a pic.

Edit: Wachs, I was on the 350 in Moab but I've logged plenty of miles with saddlebags on the 690.
kurtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #488
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtw View Post
I was on the 350.....but I've logged plenty of miles with saddlebags on the 690.
Hard. work. Hard, hard darned work I'll bet.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #489
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

I just got back from a 30 day trip. 4,930 miles logged through Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho.

First trip with the Hemisphere luggage so it took a few days of figuring how I liked to pack it.

It worked best for me when used as a giant stuff sack. Which essentially that's what it is. A dry bag that you don't notice behind you while you're riding!

Here's what I liked.
1. NO ZIPPERS!!!!! The first thing to break on almost all my gear is the zipper. None here to do that. Ever try to zip up a loaded saddlebag on a 30 degree morning? It sucks I tell you!

2. When you get to camp and are 30 miles from a store, simply remove the dry bag with 2 clips and 2 straps. Then go on a beer run! The holsters never came off the bike on the trip and won't now that I'm home. They're perfect for errands.
Two gallons of oil and a case of beer? No problem!

3.Ease of access of tools and oil or tubes. The rear pouches make maintenance or flat repair less frustrating when you don't have to unpack your stuff.

4. It sits a few inches further back on my XR than my old GL Coyote. I liked having more room on the seat.

5. Because of how I used the Hemisphere as a stuff sack, it fit substantially more than my Coyote.

I did not get to test the waterproofness. In an entire month we got caught in one shower that lasted maybe 30 minutes. No joke! I'm sure this fall here in the NW it will get put to the test.

High altitude test.

I'll get some pics of all of my gear from a months ride as well. I threw the nasty clothes in the washer before I got a chance.

Thank you Wachs for designing yet another great tool to have as much fun as possible riding and thanks ALTRIDER for producing it!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:13 AM   #490
motorcyclekarma
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtw View Post
MK, it does need to be moved out if the way to refuel, but it doesn't have to be removed completely. I just loosen one side a little, just enough to slide it back to release the fender hooks. Then you just shift it to the back of the seat to where the filler cap is unobstructed. Let me know if you want a pic.

Edit: Wachs, I was on the 350 in Moab but I've logged plenty of miles with saddlebags on the 690.
Hi Kurt yes photos would be great if possible, I've already bought the bag but still waiting on the bike. Cheers
motorcyclekarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #491
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,547
I feel dirty....like I am cheating on my other luggage vendors....

GL
Kriega
Wolfman

are all going on this trip in one form or the other.....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #492
wachs OP
just passin' through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
I feel dirty....like I am cheating on my other luggage vendors....

HA! You'll get over it Nice looking rig btw!

Old 07-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #493
B3EAR
Sheepdog

Oddometer: 124
Wachs

I got the Hemisphere bag and the saddlebag all loaded on the bike. Leave for CBDR next week. I had little trouble attaching the rear bag using the clamps. I put a Nomad rear rack on and it hinders the clamps from hooking around the rear fender plastic. I ended up just hooking it to the rack itself. This seemed to pull the bag a little farther back than I'd like but seems to be working. I'll just have to fight the rear cinch strap when I need to fuel as it tightened towards the front of the filler gas cap. I think it'll work though!

I think this is going to be a great purchase. I'll give my report when I get back. Thanks again for a great product!

B3EAR
B3EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #494
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Went to a BBQ yesterday and was able to carry a watermelon in the holster!

Had a case of fertilizer on earlier in the day. Most versatile bag I have ever had on my bike.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #495
oldgrayghost
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Tioga Pass Yosemite

oldgrayghost is offline   Reply With Quote