Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #91
OneEffinName
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Is that a cable clutch on a $12,000 bike?
OneEffinName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 AM   #92
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
well as I stated before but was informed parts are from other bikes on the market. Sure CCM wants to build the best product they can and hope that there is no problems with it. I think f i put out 12k then i would hope that they warranty the bike, but as tommy boy says it is only as good as the person behind it. So in my eyes that would fall on the dealer you buy it from and will they fight for you? as for the power mod for an extra10hp could you not just pull the plug when you bring it in? or does it remap it forever?
I have said it before this is an awesome bike and the first since the ktm 640. just looking at the pictures they made this a true adv bike. now i am not comparing the two or saying they are the same, just adv type smaller bikes. KTM dropped the ball on the 690 avdenture and CCM picked it up and ran with it. Well so did other bike companies .
I think when i am older and my brain starts to catch up with me this will fill that void, but till them I will let the old guys like shipwreck give them a go .

I'm sure if you plug in the chip, it will register in the firmware.. That you plugged it in.. The issue is, they sell the chip, dangle the carrot if you will.. you plug it in, they are off the hook... Dealers don't have the money or time to fight the manufactures for you. ..

What a deal, who wouldn't want a 50hp and less than 300lbs bike.. The 690 is relative to those specs 60hp and +300lbs... with a warranty... not that the dealers will cover... which is msp 12k without a fairing... so 12k with a fairing I think is fair...

I just feel the manufacturer builds it,, they should stand behind it.. Dave your pretty quiet here on this subject.. I want the fun button to be covered.... hi Dave how have you been?

As for the old man in me, and the "kids" I ride with.... I just sit back, shake my head... fking kids...

shipwrek12001 screwed with this post 01-29-2014 at 04:12 AM
shipwrek12001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #93
Maniac Mechanic
Stuck in Real Life

Oddometer: 40
Talking

I would like to know what $12K buys you with this bike????
Does it include the aluminum skidplate, luggage racks and luggage, knobby tires, crash bars, etc.?
If it comes stock with most of these options plus the high end components already on the bike that would be awesome. All of a sudden that $12K sticker price would start to look very reasonable for what you get.
Maniac Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #94
Maniac Mechanic
Stuck in Real Life

Oddometer: 40
Talking

And I am absolutely in love with the extreme low weight and the stock seat height that should fit most rider's inseams.

Hopefully the bike ends up with a real world 300 km fuel range. If not, who cares as long as somebody eventually builds a larger tank for it.

Love the styling but the flat black is really boring. Is white an option like that picture in the brochure?

And is there a dealer in Edmonton yet? If so who? Definitely need to plan a weekend road trip to check one of these bikes out once they're in the country.

Cheers to CCM for building this bike and making it available here.
Maniac Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:25 AM   #95
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 933
Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac Mechanic View Post
I would like to know what $12K buys you with this bike????
Does it include the aluminum skidplate, luggage racks and luggage, knobby tires, crash bars, etc.?
If it comes stock with most of these options plus the high end components already on the bike that would be awesome. All of a sudden that $12K sticker price would start to look very reasonable for what you get.
I kinda agree with you on the price but then have to think a stock KTM 500 is 10999 and a 690 is 12k. Both do not come with anything extra flimsy handgurds and a cheap skid plate on the 690.
For fuel I said it befor my 08 690 could get 225km out of 12L, so I don't see why a 450 (detuned) with 17L could not get way over 300km.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin

StepOnIt screwed with this post 01-30-2014 at 05:31 AM
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:18 AM   #96
Critt
Gathering info

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
I'm sure if you plug in the chip, it will register in the firmware.. That you plugged it in.. The issue is, they sell the chip, dangle the carrot if you will.. you plug it in, they are off the hook... Dealers don't have the money or time to fight the manufactures for you. ..

What a deal, who wouldn't want a 50hp and less than 300lbs bike.. The 690 is relative to those specs 60hp and +300lbs... with a warranty... not that the dealers will cover... which is msp 12k without a fairing... so 12k with a fairing I think is fair...

I just feel the manufacturer builds it,, they should stand behind it..
I agree. It seems bizarre that the warranty is void by using something that the manufacturer offers. Oh well.
Critt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #97
jmq3rd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critt View Post
I agree. It seems bizarre that the warranty is void by using something that the manufacturer offers. Oh well.

Doesn't seem odd to me. Would you prefer they well 2 different bikes, one with ADV bike warranty, and one with 30-day race bike warranty?

Remember, the only difference is the power plug.
jmq3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #98
RockyDS
Wizened adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Posted on the other CCM thread but here are my pictures from the Edmonton bike show;

https://picasaweb.google.com/1134679...IG69PTbiYHcqQE#

https://picasaweb.google.com/1134679...L_09tKM-Nr1xQE#

The Canadian $ is weakening against the UK £, so the estimated $12,000 cost may well go up if this trend continues.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #99
RockyDS
Wizened adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critt View Post
I don't see it as any different to the owner getting an after market reflash. Just convenient that it comes from the manufacturer.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #100
klxmack OP
king of the box

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEffinName View Post
Is that a cable clutch on a $12,000 bike?

Yes, that way you don't have to throw the hydraulics in the trash bin for feel and reliability . ;)

Cheers
3. My bike and its owner are faster than yours.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=klxmack
klxmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #101
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by klxmack View Post
Yes, that way you don't have to throw the hydraulics in the trash bin for feel and reliability . ;)

Cheers

And I trashed the cable setup on my 640 to go to a hydraulic after I ate three cables.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #102
klxmack OP
king of the box

Oddometer: 493
We're not selling oranges here young man. Lol
3. My bike and its owner are faster than yours.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=klxmack
klxmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #103
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,413
Quote:
Hopefully they're more reliable than oranges. That would be an awesome starting point.

And not hard to do...
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #104
RockyDS
Wizened adventurer

Quote:
You're not selling orange bikes either.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #105
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
I like the idea of this bike a lot. BUT I have a 2004 XR400R that I have a ton of coin into so I'm in the process of dual sporting it. Have the back half off right now beefing that up, have a back rack for it and saddlebags if I want to go that way. I have had all sorts of dual sports, 650s, 1000 and 1150 BMW. I like the idea of light and want to try that for a while. Till my hands and feet go numb!
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote