Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgreen View Post
Nice ride! My girlfriend wants to do the opposite, we live in NS, she's never seen the prairies and wants to ride west to see the flat land.
I guess it's all about the novelty. I grew up out here (Alberta), and have an overpowering compulsion to stop and take pictures of any large body of water!
How are things in Bridgetown? I haven't been on that side of the province in decades. Used to have a family friend who farmed in the Annapolis Valley (I still remember the red mud!) and another friend who worked at a fish farm on the other side of the bay ... on Grand Manan.
Good memories!
P4S
Old 02-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #17
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray4Snow View Post
I guess it's all about the novelty. I grew up out here (Alberta), and have an overpowering compulsion to stop and take pictures of any large body of water!
How are things in Bridgetown? I haven't been on that side of the province in decades. Used to have a family friend who farmed in the Annapolis Valley (I still remember the red mud!) and another friend who worked at a fish farm on the other side of the bay ... on Grand Manan.
Good memories!
P4S
I spent 6 years in Winnipeg in the Air Force, then came to Nova Scotia and never left. The Valley is the place for me! Bridgetown is an awesome place to live, lots of fire roads to ride and lakes to camp by.
fredgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #18
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Day 6 – July 18
Pancake Bay PP, ON to Stonecliffe PP, ON
584 km

• Absolutely PISSED rain 10-minutes after pulling out of the campground. Had tried to dry my swim trunks by tucking them under the cargo net holding down my bedroll … so much for that plan.

• Relatively uneventful day. The rain eventually stopped, and the weather was comfortable all day.

• Found a fuel stop just a few km’s short of the campground … topped up on fuel, and grabbed a couple of tall-boys of Keiths.

• Was threatening rain (wicked black clouds) when I pulled into the campground … got tent set up in record time.

• Paid through the nose for water-front … again … but it was worth it. Nice spot … no electrical connection, but was able to charge the gadgets from the bike.

• Sprinkled on and off all evening, but nothing substantial. Had time for a quick swim in the Ottawa River. Made for a uniquely ‘northern-Canadian’ fashion statement … me cooking dinner in wet swim trunks, flip flops, and a raincoat.

• Bike chain looks loose again … need to check with the load off.

• Missed the girls a lot today … not sure what was different about today. The whole way from Sudbury to North Bay, toyed with the idea of just bailing on the east coast and heading to the lake. A month is too long. I remembered that they were all in southern Ontario this week any, making the decision to keep on to the coast a bit easier.

• Got a Twitter PM from Bob in Montreal. We’ll meet up at a Timmy’s approx. 410km from here tomorrow. Tomorrow will be Friday … traffic in Mtl should be a treat.

• Tunes: Ride mix all day long.

• Smoke: Pipe

• Libation: Alexander Keiths IPA; The MacAllan 12yr.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #19
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Day 7 – July 19
Stonecliff PP, ON to Granby, QC (or thereabouts)
632 km

• Rained all night last night … thunder and lightning and the whole bit. So much for the swim trunks I had hung out over night to dry

• While I was laying in the tent, listening to the rain and not really in any rush to get dressed and start packing up, I thought again about just bailing to Dickie Lake, and skipping the east coast. Came to the conclusion that even if it pisses rain the whole way there, it’s unlikely that I’ll be this far east (with the time to go further) again. So I guess it’s the Cabot Trail or Bust now.

• Was still raining while I packed up camp. Everything got put away soaking wet.

• The sky was pretty black as I left the campground, but it cleared of after an hour or so and turned into a pretty nice day.

• I had wanted to stop for brekky in Chalk River … just to see if it was glowing … but I didn’t see anywhere to eat along the highway, and didn’t fell like searching. (Actually, the sign at Deep River said that IT was the ‘Capital of Nuclear Research’, but I had it in my head to stop in Chalk River. After the closure (maybe it was only a partial or temporary closure) of the medical isotope facility there caused such a global shortage of supply a couple of years ago, they build a new facility a block from my office … small world!)

• Kept going east, but didn’t see anything worth stopping for brekky for quite a while.

• Finally decided that Petawawa was far enough without brekky, even though I didn’t see anything along the highway, so I ventured into town. At first I didn’t see anything but fast-food chains, but eventually found ‘Danny’s Steak House’. The place was full of military personnel … Petawawa has a large Canadian Forces Base. Brekky wasn't fancy, but hot, fast, and tasty … especially after waiting so long.

• Made amazing time from Petawawa to Montreal … arrived at the Timmy’s around 13:30 … way earlier than planned … and texted Bob. He was out on a quick errand, but would swing by on his way back to the office. No problem … it would give me a chance to replenish fluids … it was over 30C with hot wind … felt like riding into a hair-dryer.

• I had noticed on the way in that traffic in the area was super busy … despite it being the middle of the day (luckily, Bob had picked a Timmy’s that was just off the freeway I was using to transect Mtl anyway). I had just assumed that this is just what traffic was like in Montreal.

• When Bob showed up, we enjoyed some more bevvy’s (my third iced cap of the day) and caught up on folks we both knew. Bob also informed me that the traffic was not typical, and not likely to get any better as I left town. Apparently, all the road construction crews in QC (or maybe it was only Montreal) get the same two weeks for summer vacation every year … and that two weeks starts tomorrow!! The roads were going to be choked with folks trying to do the same as me … get the fuck out of town as soon as possible … many of them towing RVs.

• Had a good visit with Bob, but he had to get back to work and I had to get moving. The roads were brutal, it was well above 30C, and all roads off the island of Montreal require a bridge … meaning lane control and construction … leading to more traffic. The last time I was here (caging it) I found the drivers to be a bunch of a-holes. However on this day, everybody seemed to be behaving. Once things got moving a bit better as I got a bit further east (still congested, but at least a bit of flow) the drivers were actually very courteous about making room for me, and not getting too far up my ass. Must be that everybody’s on the first day of their holidays and don’t want to start it off on the wrong foot by wedging some poor prairie bastard in their grill!

• As I made my way east, I could see a massive bank of clouds building to the south, blacker than the hubs of Hades, and extending east as far as I could see. Given the heat and humidity I had already experience that day, I knew there were going to be some wicked storms.

• While I had been sitting in traffic on the bridge leaving Montreal, I had done a bit of route planning. Granby was only around 85km once I worked my way out of Montreal. It was still too early to stop there. Derby Center, VT was around 170km. GPS showed camping and motels in Derby, so I headed south at Magog and crossed into the US just north of Derby.

• Got to Derby, and either the GPS directions were shit, the signs were wrong, or I’m retarded … couldn’t find the campground nor two-thirds of the motels … and the other third looked pretty rough.

• Pushed on to Newport, VT (apparently pronounced ‘NewPAHHHHT’). All the way from the border, through Derby, to Newport, the storm clouds had been building … looking uglier and uglier. By the time I got to Newport, I had pretty much abandoned the thought of camping. Could really use some AC (was still over 30 … even around dinner time) and would probably appreciate the roof if this storm lets loose. Found a room at the Newport City Motel. Met a couple of riders on BMWs (one was a 1200GS and I can’t remember the other one) in the parking lot as I checked in and unpacked the bike. As I recall they were from somewhere south of here, and were more-or-less one day away from being home after a trip up to the Gaspe Peninsula. By the time I got the bike unpacked, and myself showered and changed, it was looking REALLY black outside. Grabbed my raincoat and wandered out to find a bite to eat and something to drink. Didn’t find anything that really blew my skirt up, so I just grabbed a sketchy looking hoagie and some beer from the gas-station and headed back to the motel. There was some sort of antique car show-and-shine going on in the parking lot across from the motel, so I pulled one of my panniers out onto the porch to watch the show and enjoy my dinner. Let me just say that there is no better value for your entertainment dollar than watching old-dudes with a lot of pride in their classic cars scramble to pack up all their display shit and get the cars back home and in the garage when the skies open up. And open up they did. By 9pm it was PISSING rain, with lightning and hail. I turned the tv on while I was charging all the gizmos, and found out there were storm and tornado warnings in the area. Was suddenly glad I wasn’t camping … and I felt a little bad for laughing at the keytone-kops-like departure of the car guys.

• Tent was still pretty wet from last night, but didn’t have a good spot to hang in the room. Will have to wait until tomorrow, or barring that, the following night at the farm in Westville.

• Smoke: none … wasn’t in the great outdoors tonight
• Libation: random single cans of beer from the gas station… nothing fancy … but nice and cold!
• Tunes: “Borrowed Tunes” … various artists performing Neil Young tunes; and my go-to ‘Ride Mix’ .
Old 02-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #20
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Day 8 – July 20
Newport, VT to Woodstock, NB
644 km

• Roads were wet, and there were signs of a storm in Newport when I woke up, but nothing serious.

• As I rode east (maybe north-east?), looking for breakfast, there started to be more and more signs that a lot of places were harder hit than Newport. Lots of trees down in the road ditch.

• Found a little Ma & Pa diner for brekky. All the locals were talking about power outages and smaller roads being blocked with downed trees. Feeling pretty good about opting for a bed and a roof last night.

• The sun came out and my wrists started to burn again, so I pulled off the I-95 to find my sock gauntlets. Not only couldn’t I find them (never did find them), but the exit I had taken off the highway didn’t have a corresponding entrance back on northbound. Rather than a) taking the southbound exit and looping back to the previous interchange; or b) riding the wrong way back down the off ramp; I decided to just take the secondary. It seemed to take off in generally the right direction (according my map). It ended up being around a 30 km detour until there was another entrance to the highway. A nice secondary road, but evidence that lot of large trees that had been downed during the storm had only recently been cleared (20”-diameter bucked wood in the ditch, and piles of sawdust in the road).

• The chain seemed really loose this morning … stopped in NH to tighten. This would become a theme. (Hint: I was at around 30,000km … and still on the original chain.)

• Blew into Woodstock, NB and totally wimped out and got a hotel room. No excuse, no shame. Enjoyed a shower, cold beer, and some wi-fi.

• Met a couple at the hotel riding 2-up on a R1200GS … just making their way back to QC having done a tour of the Gaspe. Sounded like an amazing ride … not sure I’d want to do it with Mrs riding pillion.

• Looking forward to meeting up with the clan in NS.

• Tunes: CCR-“Greatest Hits”; INXS-“Greatest Hits”
• Smoke: none
• Libation: a bunch of beer in the restaurant at the hotel.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #21
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Day 9 – July 21
Woodstock, NB to Salem, NS
524 km

• Up early-ish

• Brekky at Fredricton

• Hauled ass to make it to Salem in good time. When I texted my aunt Marianne yesterday, she mentioned that if I got there as planned, between 12 and 1, my cousin Laura and her family would still be there before heading back to Prince Edward Island.

• Did around 130kph to get here, but still didn’t arrive until around 1:10 or so.

• Pulled into the farm yard, and didn’t see any cars that I recognized. Pulled off my helmet and jacket, and wandered up to the house. There was a note on the door, and a cooler of beer in the shade of the veranda. Note said “Jamie, Change in plans. We’ll be back around 3:30. Cold beer in cooler. Sorry for the change in plans.”

• There was little kids’ clothes drying on the line, so I was pretty sure Laura and family were still here. Sat on the veranda and cooled off a bit … enjoyed a beer in shade, and watch a neighbour across the valley baling hay for a bit.

• Headed to New Glasgow for fuel and batteries for the SPOT. It was warm and MUGGY!! This prairie kid melted … wearing full gear didn’t help much either.

• Wandered around NG for a bit. Thought about heading across the highway to Westville and seeing if I could find the few landmarks that I know over there … the lodge that my grandmother lived in for a bit, and the college where my uncle teaches. But I was soaking wet in my gear, and knew there was still a couple of beers and ice in the cooler, so I headed back to the farm.

• Still nobody home, so I sat on the veranda again for a bit (beer number two), and then heard a chainsaw next door at my other aunt and uncle’s place … which was odd because I knew they were over on PEI for the month. So I rode over and found two guys bucking up logs in the yard. Apparently Frank had hired a couple of guys to help him put up wood for the winter. Chatted with them for a couple of minutes, and then headed back.

• Shortly there-after, Gary and Marianna and Karina pulled into the yard. After hellos and hugs were out of the way, Laura and her family ..Marko, Shawn, Emalyn, and Nate … arrived, and more hellos and hugs were dispensed. Had a good feed with everybody, and caught up with everybody. Laura and Marko had to head out a little bit after dinner in order to catch the ferry back to PEI.

• That evening, I opted to sleep in their family room, rather than pull out the tent and have to pack it up again. Had a good visit with Gary and Marianna … and a fair number of drinks.

• Tomorrow ... the Cabot Trail!

Pray4Snow screwed with this post 03-22-2014 at 08:52 AM
Pray4Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #22
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Day 10 – July 22
Salem, NS to Dunvegan, NS
529 km

• Great visit with Gary and Marianna last night … but feeling a bit rough this morning. Felt good to get on the road this morning and get some breeze in my face.

• Sat on the veranda this morning … nice clear day, a hot coffee, and the sun coming up.

• Checked work email, and found I’d need to take a conference call later today … would have to find a quiet place to pull over and make the call.

• Stopped for brekky at Antigonish … a little place called The Snow Queen. Really good, hot, and inexpensive.

• The causeway over to Cape Breton was much as I remembered. Grabbed fuel on the mainland side before crossing.

• Pretty uneventful heading to the ‘start’ of the Cabot Trail.

• Once on the trail, it certainly lived up to the hype … and then some. Twisty, up-and-down, and fantastic views … all day long.

• I had opted to ride it counter-clockwise. In retrospect, this was probably the right choice for a number of reasons, but it was mostly luck … based loosely on wanting to have the shore on my side of the road, and being able to watch the sunset if I was still on the road at the end of the day.

• There was a fair bit of tourist traffic , but I never felt like I was being held up. The only RVs on the road seemed to be the rentals.

• The bike got a good workout … backfiring on sharp downshifts was starting to piss me off.

• Stopped to take a couple of pics before I headed up Old Smokey. A couple on pedal-bikes rode up and we got to chatting. Turns out, they were from just outside of Edmonton, and had flown their bikes to Halifax, and were now pedal-touring the maritimes.

Obviously not the only sweet piece of riding, but the only one I got good helmet-cam footage of. (audio is muted)

• Shortly after the top of Old Smokey, there was a pull-out for a sea-cliff outlook … a ways from the road. I pulled in and took some pics, and then made my work calls. After hanging up, I took this picture, and sent it to the folks I’d been on the call with … best office view of the group!

• Decided to take the side road to Meat Cove … would be the farthest point east on the trip. Road was decent enough, but the last few kms were washboard gravel, which probably keeps the chrome-plated HDs to a minimum.

• Had a late-lunch/early dinner of scallops … with a side of Mr Keith’s finest. Could see seals (or sea lions … couldn’t tell from the distance) playing off shore.

• I shot a bit of video at Meat Cove … mostly of the view and not of the facilities … however there is a brief glimpse of the camping location. It’s not easy to tell from the video (below … right around the 13-second mark) but the camp spots are nowhere near level, and right on top of the sea cliffs. There were stories of guys camping in tents, having one too many wobbly-pops before going to bed, and then getting up to chuck a whiz in the middle of the night and walking off the cliff. There was one rental motorhome there that had his wheels chocked, but none of the other vehicles did.

• The day ended up being longer than I expected. Not a large distance, but wasn’t travelling fast, and stopped a fair bit for pics. I was bagged by the time I left Meat Cove, but still had an hour or so to go.

• Pulled into Cheticamp for some fuel and water. Was fueling up, and some random dude on a cruiser started snapping pics of my bike. Turns out, it was Daniel Ross, who runs the CabotTrailBiker.com website. I didn’t get a chance to check out his site until I got home, but I wish I’d found it before I left … lots of great tips for folks planning to ride the Cabot Trail. I didn’t really get a chance to talk to Dan that day (after all, he was a random dude taking photos of strangers at the gas station … my mother warned me about guys like that!) but I did ‘chat’ with him via email after I got home and pieced together who he was. Super friendly, a wealth of knowledge, and he even hooked me up with a shirt and a sticker for the bike!

• Even got my pic on the website … Cabot Trail immortality!! (hundreds of kms of scenic shoreline on the trail … and I get my pic taken at the fuel pump!!)
(photo credit: CabotTrailBiker.com)

• Camped at McLeods at Dunvegan. A pretty busy camping spot … lots of seasonal folks, but I had a good spot with a view of the ocean.

Tunes: The Trews ... all day ... every album. Nice soundtrack for this ride.
Drinks: Yes, but don’t recall what it was.
Smoke: I’m sure, but again … no idea what.

Pray4Snow screwed with this post 03-06-2014 at 07:22 PM
Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #23
Rutin
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Nicely done! Thanks for the report,
My son and I , made it as far as the Canso causeway NS. Ran out of time! Stayed at the cove harbor motel, watched the wales feed as we sat eating lobster and drinking a few beers ! Went in June rain and more Rain all the way across. Turned around and made to Bowmanville. 2 weeks later picked up the bike and rode to Tofino!
Atlantic to the Pacific in one season!!!
This year Calgary to Big Sur CA

Rutin
Rutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #24
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutin View Post
Nicely done! Thanks for the report,
My son and I , made it as far as the Canso causeway NS. Ran out of time! Stayed at the cove harbor motel, watched the wales feed as we sat eating lobster and drinking a few beers ! Went in June rain and more Rain all the way across. Turned around and made to Bowmanville. 2 weeks later picked up the bike and rode to Tofino!
Atlantic to the Pacific in one season!!!
This year Calgary to Big Sur CA

Rutin
Big Sur sounds great! Any ideas on route yet? I've done the coastal highway before from WA to CA ... but in a cage. Riding would be fantastic!
P4S
Old 03-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #25
Rutin
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Calgary to CA

Been planning a couple of routes, but still no definite one yet. Have to fit it into 3 weeks max. And I don't like rigid schedules . Few spots to check, grand cannyon, Yosemite , skip major cities, and camp, where possible weather dependent. Do the coastal highway from the south up, stop in Vancouver where my son lives and return via whistler, liloeote, kamloops Revelstoke. Lots there I know but I think doable.
Rutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #26
BTL
Summer 2 short.

Oddometer: 388
Nicely done. Can't wait to have my pic in front of Cabot trail sign..
Old 03-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #27
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Day 11 – July 23
Dunvegan, NS to Seal Cove, PEI
260 km

• Early departure from McLeods.
• Stopped at the Glenora Distillery (only about 20 minutes from McLeods), home of Glen Bretton Single Malt Whiskey. Wandered around the grounds for a bit and then took the first tour of the day. And like all good distillery tours, it ended with a tasting. Nothing like a ‘wee dram’ at 9:30AM!!

• Heard from my uncle Frank while I was at Glenora. He had business in Sydney (back at the north end of Cape Bretton) and offered to wait for me if I wanted to join him. I had understood that he was on PEI and I needed to be there by 1:30 if I wanted to join him. I passed on the offer … partly because there was no way I was going to make the ferry in time to get there, and partly because I’d just come from that way. As it turned out, he was calling from the farm (back in Salem) and I could have made it, but c’est la vie.
• Took my time getting back to the ferry terminal. Stopped at Snow Queen in Antigonish again … for some sea food this time.
• I actually passed Frank heading the other way … waved and honked the horn … I’d see him tomorrow.
• Got to the terminal with lots of time to kill … didn’t depart until 14:45.

• Met a guy from QC in the line. He was on a Wee-Strom just like Jr’s. He had also just come from the Cabot Trail and had also run into Daniel Rose … and also had his pic posted on cabottrailbiker.com.

• The day had started out fairly sunny, but was starting to cloud over. As the bikes waited in line to load, there was a local bike on his way home to PEI. At one point, he started looking at the sky, and advised a couple of the other bikers, a couple from the northeast US, that they might want to cover their soft luggage because it was going to rain. After we were directed onto the ship, and tied down the bikes for the trip, the same local dug out some well-worn raingear from his saddlebags, and tucked it under his seat cover. Noticing me watching him, he said “We’ll need this by the time we get to the island”. He wasn’t wrong.
• The crossing only took 75 minutes. A pretty uneventful trip. The ship was well appointed … snackbar, live music, and TVs in the passenger lounges. I hadn’t seen the news in a few days, but the only thing showing was news of the birth of Prince George … must have been a slow news week.

• By the time we landed at Wood Islands it was fucking pouring … a real, honest-to-goodness, maritime downpour. The kind where the rain in the air is so thick, visibility was reduced to around 100 feet. Luckily it didn’t last long. By the time I got to the Shore Road turn (everybody else turned west to Charlottetown via the TransCanada Hwy … I headed east), it was starting to let up.
• I had entered Frank and Holly’s spot (they had dragged their trailer over to PEI for a month on the shore) into the GPS. When I was still back in Alberta, I had also set the Garmin to route via any road possible … secondaries, goat tracks, etc. I had forgotten this. Mr Garmin tried desperately to steer me over unpaved secondaries. Normally, this would have been a good thing, but given the recent downpour, these roads had been turned into red-muddy soup … with the consistency of pup-shit. After falling for that trick twice, I turned off the GPS and used the map to get to Seal Cove.
• Found the place where Frank and Holly had set up camp, but had no idea what their trailer looked like, and there was a few there. Called Holly from the entrance, and got directions. They had a great spot backing on to the shore and overlooking the water.
• Spent a great night visiting with Holly, catching up on the goings-on of their family, and charging all my cameras, GPS, etc. Frank would be back from Sydney later tonight, but too late to get the last ferry over. He’d stay the night at the farm, and then come over on the first crossing in the morning.

Drink: A few wobbly pops with Holly
Smoke: none

Pray4Snow screwed with this post 03-22-2014 at 08:59 AM
Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #28
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 389
Nice RR Jamie! Totally following as I may be heading out to NS in July. After riding down to L.A. in 2012, Europe in 2013, I want to ride East! Looks like a stellar trip, buddy. Can't wait to see more.

Smurph
Blog > http://tinyurl.com/lnqkh4j
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #29
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Great report, great trip, Thanks!

The Maritimes are on my "list"..
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #30
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Day 12 – July 24
Seal Cove, PEI to Woodstock, NB
514 km

• Holly and I picked up Frank at the ferry terminal around 9:30. Lots of cool (as determined by the prairie kid) photo ops at the dock, but I had left my camera behind. Did my best with the phone.

• Back to Seal Cove for brekky and a visit with Frank. Ended up going for a quicky-tour of the east end of the island with Frank.

• After the tour, while I was packing the bike, Frank pointed out that my chain was looking a bit loose. He was correct, but I had hoped to at least pull away and take care of it on my own (nothing like an audience … especially one who makes a living twisting wrenches professionally). Sooo … 15 minutes or so later, chain was tightened (running out of room to move the axle … starting to get a bit worried) and I was on my way.

• Pulled out of Seal Cove around 12:30

• A bit of traffic going through/past Charlottetown, but not bad.

• I’d forgotten that you can’t see shit from the Confederation Bridge in a passenger vehicle (or bike apparently) … must be impressive in a transport truck.

• Stopped at the visitor centre on the NB side to get a few pics … lots of other bikes doing the same thing.

• Absolutely pissed rain around Fredericton. Suit leaked pretty good … cold rush of water ran down my back and settled around my balls … like sitting in a rain-puddle. Lost visibility a couple of times, a little hydroplaning, etc.

• Got to Woodstock around 6:30 or 7:00.

• Stayed at the same motel I used a few days previously.

• Unloaded and inspected the bike. The chain still looks OK, but now I’m starting to worry about it all the time. Hopefully it will last until I can get some parts in ON.

• Libation: A few cold beers with dinner at the motel restaurant.

• Smoke: None ... steaming hot shower to warm up, plugged in all the electronic crap, and got to bed early.

Pray4Snow screwed with this post 03-22-2014 at 09:03 AM