Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
charapa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Dakar 2015 Route Rumors...

Hey All!

I am starting this thread so that we can share any rumors about the 2015 route. I KNOW that it is not announced officially until about March 20th, 2014, but how is it that people already believe that Chile is out and that it will start in Argentina??

Does this mean that we are possibly looking at Argentina-Bolivia-Peru? Etienne himself did promise that in 2015 to 2018, the Dakar would at least pass thru Peru twice!

Why is this so important to me (aside from a way to fill the 50 dead weeks between Dakars?)? Well... I live in Peru (so does BlueBall !) and I am hoping to do another "Follow the Dakar" tour!

So.... not just rumors... lets link in the news articles to know where we are 'sourcing' our rumors

Cheers! Toby

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Sandino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Paraguay

The Desafio Guarani will be done here in Paraguay this year, in july, so there is a chance, according to rumors here, that the 2015 will pass the Chaco. Let´s see!
Sandino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
charapa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

The more countries, the merrier!

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
Old 01-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,244
Brazil
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
VDG
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Brazil
VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #6
HellasRally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDG View Post
No way
Dos Sertoes is the enemy
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:31 AM   #7
charapa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ecuador is out!

Well... seems that ASO was looking at an Argentinian start and an Ecuadorian finish, extending the Dakar to 20 days! But now that Ecuador has turned down the proposal, my guesses are:

15-day Argentina-Bolivia-Peru

or they are going to go big-time Africa style with as many countries as possible:

20 day Argentina-Paraguay-Chile-Bolivia-Peru

Would be cool if Brazil got into the game!

Any new roumors I haven't heard of?

Old 02-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,502
With some Good New Coming from KTM.

I really have to try and find a way to follow along and spectate a portion of the Rally Next Year.
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #9
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,389

Pavillion Kleber 7 rue Cimarosa, 75016 Paris

Myway screwed with this post 02-22-2014 at 04:56 PM
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
charapa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post

Pavillion Kleber 7 rue Cimarosa, 75016 Paris
Yeah. Got that. But it's hard to wait that long!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #11
charapa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxinpa View Post
With some Good New Coming from KTM.

I really have to try and find a way to follow along and spectate a portion of the Rally Next Year.
mrxinpa,

Come on my Dakar 2015 ride in Peru! Check out the website... but don't wait too long... people already signing up for the 10 spots!

Cheers! Toby

Old 02-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charapa View Post
Yeah. Got that. But it's hard to wait that long!
The way to find out something, is reading in the countries they cross, local knowledge, local authorities saying something in local papers. so scan the web localy with: "Dakar 2015" site:.ar or site:bo site:.pe every day, the last 24 hours search !!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #13
charapa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The way to find out something, is reading in the countries they cross, local knowledge, local authorities saying something in local papers. so scan the web localy with: "Dakar 2015" site:.ar or site:bo site:.pe every day, the last 24 hours search !!!!!
That's EXACTLY what I do! Twice a day! And since I'm fluent in Spanish and passable in Portuguese... not much gets by me...

Old 02-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #14
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charapa View Post
That's EXACTLY what I do! Twice a day! And since I'm fluent in Spanish and passable in Portuguese... not much gets by me...
So make a map where they say something, mark a waypoint and save the link which source.
And more important, let us know. Here.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
charapa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
So make a map where they say something, mark a waypoint and save the link which source.
And more important, let us know. Here.
Well..... this is what we know so far...

(1) Right now Argentina seems to know that they get the start and that it is moving back down south. They have it nailed down to a possible 3 places (BA as one of them).

(2) Brazil has been told "not yet".

(3) Paraguay gets a Dakar Series, but most likely that is a test before the big Dakar will go thru it.... so I think Paraguay is on for next year, but not this one....

(4) The ASO has let it be known that they want to extend the Dakar from 15 days to 20 days... which means they want to 'do more countries'...

(5) Ecuador was offered the 'finish' but turned it down for 2015... which means that they wanted to probably do Argentina-Bolivia-Peru-Ecuador with the 20 days...

(6) The ASO has not been impressed with the spectator participation of Chile... so they are probably out for one or two years...

(7) The president of Bolivia (if to be believed..) is confident that Bolivia is on the books for 2015... even hints at personal conversations with Etiene about the matter....

So.. my guess for 2015 is an Argentina-Bolivia-Peru 15-day with a bigger piece in Bolivia this year.

2016 will be 20-days, start in Peru, go Bolivia-Paraguay-Brazil and finish in Argentina.

Remember.. it is all about sales and Argentina, Brazil and Peru are the big markets!!