Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #31
Konflict Motorsports OP
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaris View Post
Hi konflict ,

looks like the 2-3 weeks time for the release of the suspension kits has expired.

Any news now ? I am crazy about this possibility of increasing 1190 R travel....

Thank you
Alfaris,

Yes you are correct, the time frame has passed. We have completed our testing and working on the final release of the SPLIT WP fork cartridges and shock mods needed to gain the height. We will have an 1190 R in house this week to finalize some things.

On another note...

We are currently working with a very well known suspension manufacture on a number of new items for a range of bikes that we specialize services for.
As for the 1190 R we are currently in the process of developing an extended travel closed chamber fork cartridge, as well as a true PDS style rear shock which will include high and low speed compression damping adjustment, rebound adjustment, possible ride height adjustment, as well as a hydraulic pre-load adjuster.

We also have been working on a replacement shock unit for the KTM Super Enduro's that will be released in the very near future that will as well have high and low speed compression adjustment, rebound adjustment, a true PDS shock with a primary and secondary piston for bottoming control as well as a hydraulic pre-load adjuster.

This is something we have been pushing for a while...

Konflict Motorsports screwed with this post 04-14-2014 at 06:33 PM
Konflict Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #32
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
Alfaris,

Yes you are correct, the time frame has passed. We have completed our testing and working on the final release of the SPLIT WP fork cartridges and shock mods needed to gain the height. We will have an 1190 R in house this week to finalize some things.

On another note...

We are currently working with a very well known suspension manufacture on a number of new items for a range of bikes that we specialize services for.
As for the 1190 R we are currently in the process of developing an extended travel closed chamber fork cartridge, as well as a true PDS style rear shock which will include high and low speed compression damping adjustment, rebound adjustment, possible ride height adjustment, as well as a hydraulic pre-load adjuster.

We also have a replacement shock unit for the KTM Super Enduro's that will be released in the very near future that will as well have high and low speed compression adjustment, rebound adjustment, a true PDS shock with a primary and secondary piston for bottoming control as well as a hydraulic pre-load adjuster.
This is something we have been pushing for a while...
Great news konflict , congrats for your job

I appreciate there are companies like yours that take the time and effort to adapt stock components to the more demanding offroad use that many of us require

Please keep this thread updated with any pics, videos or technical information about your new kit for the 1190. I am excited on knowing how much travel did you Improve on it, may be .......you have reached 245mm ? As the former 990R or maybe you have reached the 265mm as my former 950 Adv S? I am nervous.

Regarding the SE would be very interesting to know more data, too.

Thank you very much and best regards......
Old 04-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #33
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
Anything on the research board for the 1190 standard with the electronic suspension?
Old 05-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #34
Taka JPN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Question for short rider

I believe this topic has riders/readers who have deep knowledge about suspension, so sorry but let me ask a question.
So far, almost all of discussion about suspension is for 'tall/large' rider, or riders who ride on tough rough road.

How about suspension for 'short/small' rider, occasionally flat dirt?

I contacted KTM Twins, but no low-down suspension kit is available for 1190 R, because they said 'the bike is the lowest KTM Adventure they've ever produced'

Probably so, but I am only 171cm (5.6 feet) and 62kg (137lb). I know I should not buy 1190, especially "R", but I have it!
I already lowered standard seat, grind seat side, ended in better reach to the ground but significant pain to my butt.

I contacted one of KTM dealer in Japan who claimed they have many experiences about low-down modification, and probably so.
They will cut suspension or replace it with shorter one, adjust or change sims, cut side stand and center stand, and total cost will be around $1,300.

Besides the cost, what might be the negative consequences if I do lower suspension? I understand that just changing "end-eye" or "link-rod" certainly affect drivability, but how about proper modification done by KTM authorized dealer whose mechanic has KTM suspension license?
Taka JPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #35
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,152
Have you tried to rise the fork bars some cms inside the stem? sure you can low the bike a few cms.......with no cost for your pocket or your butt.

A soft shock setup and a spring tailored to your weight is also a good way.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #36
PowerCell
Manufacture

Oddometer: 2,213
We've had our PowerCell Performance Öhlins TTx 266mm kit for the 1190R completed for some time now, but have not yet decided if we will be offering it to the general public...

www.powercellperformance.com

PowerCell screwed with this post 05-12-2014 at 10:40 AM
PowerCell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #37
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
We've had our PowerCell Performance Öhlins TTx 266mm kit for the 1190R completed for some time now, but have not decided if we will be offering it to the general public...
I don't know how cool it is to bomb another guy's thread...but WOW now I need a new keyboard!

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #38
PowerCell
Manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
I don't know how cool it is to bomb another guy's thread...but WOW now I need a new keyboard!

ac

If this were the Vendors section I definitely would never add content. I see this as just an 1190 suspension info thread... I really don't want to start another. If others don't dig it just ask the mod to remove the post... no worries. We build a lot of really cool stuff that never makes it out of the shop and into the hands of the regular rider, so sometime I like to share the cooler mods with the rest of the inmates. Although I gotta say that this particular setup is reallllly pluuuush...

PowerCell screwed with this post 05-12-2014 at 01:33 PM
Old 05-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #39
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,135
Quote:
If this were the Vendors section I definitely would never add content. But I see this as just an 1190 suspension info thread... if others don't dig it just ask the mod to remove the post... no worries.

Yeah, fair enough.

It's ok with me. I'm just glad to get a glimpse of those goodies!

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #40
Taka JPN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaris View Post
Have you tried to rise the fork bars some cms inside the stem? sure you can low the bike a few cms.......with no cost for your pocket or your butt.

A soft shock setup and a spring tailored to your weight is also a good way.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is a possibility, but doing so will affect drivability negatively since I can do this only for front. Rear is not progressive link system, hence no link-rod, so no easy way to lower.
Taka JPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #41
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
We've had our PowerCell Performance Öhlins TTx 266mm kit for the 1190R completed for some time now, but have not yet decided if we will be offering it to the general public...

My eyes....my eyes....

PC has a bike with passenger pegs, a hard parts skid plate and ...gasp a Kenda big block tire?...hahahahaa....place holders at best I am sure....

'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #42
PowerCell
Manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
My eyes....my eyes....

PC has a bike with passenger pegs, a hard parts skid plate and ...gasp a Kenda big block tire?...hahahahaa....place holders at best I am sure....

My girl's only 4'10", so I'm gonna introduce her to riding from the back seat before I build her a custom mini-sled. She's been watching me ride for years and is slowly warming up to it. I also think there's just too many vendors in the 1190 skid plate biz for me to jump on board. The Hardpart one seems pretty decent for the price. 90% of the ones currently available I feel are more gimmick than proper protection...

And that BB has been sitting in my shop for a long time... I'll have some fun with it before I mount a 17"x3.5" wheel and a Terror-Flex...

Old 05-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #43
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,616
Ohlins on the SE and on the 1190. Scotts/ohlins on both

So in your opinion which is a better long haul off roader if you were looking for a X country ride?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #44
PowerCell
Manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete640 View Post
Ohlins on the SE and on the 1190. Scotts/ohlins on both

So in your opinion which is a better long haul off roader if you were looking for a X country ride?

For cross country there's little doubt that the 1190R is the better bike. But the SE990R is much more fun in the desert...

Old 05-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #45
trinitydirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
I had a good chat with Alex at Konflict yesterday and look forward to having him turn my 1190R in to a "desert racer"! I cant wait to have the suspension catch up to the rest of the chassis and my Gorilla like frame:-)
trinitydirt is offline   Reply With Quote