Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 07:07 AM   #16
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,468
I have started a AR 500 catalog listing of GPX in the SLAP tracks thread so if you guys have route and tracks to upload, put them there and add a small discription such as length, year, which day like "DAY 1 or DAY 2 etc" and especially if you think it would be big bike (larger than 650cc) friendly
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
We have 16 signed up and ready to go. I really do want to keep the numbers down to around 40 this year. 62 riders last year was borderline too much.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
DrLewall
The Human GPS

need to set that hard limit and cut it off at 40
Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #19
Adventure711
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
We have 16 signed up and ready to go. I really do want to keep the numbers down to around 40 this year. 62 riders last year was borderline too much.
62! You all start at the same time? I would suspect the tracked are layed out then groups thru out the day start when they wish.

I've been wanted to check the area out and ride this year so I'll have a few questions :) If it was a 62 rider deep start... uhhh..ya.. Too many!!! for anything..
Old 02-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #20
chillouttexas
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I started to make the donation to the Turpentine Creek Foundation earlier today, and stopped to have lunch. Now I see you want to limit the riders to 60 or so and I am reluctant to reserve a spot. I just bought a bike this month and haven't ridden in 30 years, but thought this ride would be a chance to ride with others, make a few new friends, and see some great roads. I refuse to be the guy everybody waits on, but the description of this ride says, "Set your own pace". So somebody speak up and tell me to pick a ride some other time, or come on and ride with us. I don't want any resentment because of being the NG. Like most riders, I don't have tender feelings, say what you think.

Jim
chillouttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #21
advmgm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillouttexas View Post
I started to make the donation to the Turpentine Creek Foundation earlier today, and stopped to have lunch. Now I see you want to limit the riders to 60 or so and I am reluctant to reserve a spot. I just bought a bike this month and haven't ridden in 30 years, but thought this ride would be a chance to ride with others, make a few new friends, and see some great roads. I refuse to be the guy everybody waits on, but the description of this ride says, "Set your own pace". So somebody speak up and tell me to pick a ride some other time, or come on and ride with us. I don't want any resentment because of being the NG. Like most riders, I don't have tender feelings, say what you think.

Jim
Come ride with us!
I was you last year and had a great time. There are plenty of us who don't have to ride fast to have a good time.

Sent from The Edge
Old 02-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:

Jim
The groups are split up based on rider speed and ability. The faster guys leave first. That being said, its mostly two track, or it was last year. There is very little road riding involved. It should be a good time for all.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #23
Dirt Roads
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
You will have company. I quite prefer riding toward the back of the pack so as not to feel rushed. And that way I can stop to take a picture whenever I want. I find the ride generally much more enjoyable. Sure, I like to rip it up once in awhile and have fun doing so; but if I'm riding with someone I make sure no one is left behind. That's just how it should be for me. No need to worry. Pull the trigger.

Quote:

Jim
Old 02-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #24
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks everyone for being encouraging. Everyone rides at their own pace, so if you find you are 50 miles out of camp and its almost dark, slab it to camp. No worries!!!! Learn to use your gps if you have not already done so. If you learn your gps inside and out you never have any problems.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #25
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,340
Scotty, I'm in. See my PM.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #26
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Have you signed up TRZ Charlie!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #27
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ Charlie View Post
Scotty, I'm in. See my PM.
Hey, Charlie. Trying sticking to the predetermined routes this time!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #28
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Right? Charlie.....
Old 02-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Charlie does "ride his own ride"..doesn't he?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #30
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

And Doc sticks to the planned route? Oh MY?