ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #751
dvfisher
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsow View Post
Excellent!


I'm looking forward to the installation in my f800.

I'll try to take some pix as well.
Please do, I'm waiting for confirmation that it's fits before ordering one for my bike.

Thanks
Dave
__________________
Dave
2012 BMW F650GS (twin)
Canadian Military Engineer
dvfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #752
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMotoMan View Post
Can't wait to get a set from you for my 2003 K 1200 GT, as you can see even the 'super plasma ultra deluxe go to the moon' $ 29,95 Sylvania H7 is a joke. Clearly, the Clearwater lights definitely are the overkill bomb, but not everyone is going to spring that kind of money, so am hoping you bulbs are as good as we would all like them to be!
Those are bright, but its the other view that counts.
Please don't think this or any headlight bulb will ever compete with a set of good LED Aux lights. Its just not so. You will see a very noticeable difference in conspicuity and an improvement in overall performance.

Now for Aux lights, and all out performance, our long range series at half the price of the Clearwaters, will put them to shame
How much is spent is not a reflection of performance or quality
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #753
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,341
Gs 800 2013

To be clear this is only a headlight bucket, I have not installed one on the bike yet.


The base plate on the LED bulb removes by pushing down slightly and rotating.

Remove the covers and factory bulbs, attach the base plate with the stock clips


On the small side of the headlight bucket, pull the factory connector out threw the hole, Insert the LED bulb and twist to lock the cams.
Plug in the terminals, ground (green) to the bikes Brown, and the Blue to the Other socket.
There is a circuit board half way down the cord, use the attached Velcro or zip tie this to keep it from flopping around.


On the Large side do the same thing but tuck the board and terminals inside the headlight surround. Install the factory cover, we recommend adding a few holes in the back of this cover to allow a little air flow.
This one was premodified for a HID.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #754
rayycc1
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 5
Ulysses fitment?

Has anyone tried these on A Ulysses yet?
rayycc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:56 AM   #755
doggitter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Elmira, Oar-agin
Oddometer: 1,896
So I also checked and found the DR350 uses the same bulb as the DR650, that has already been tried.
__________________
So many rides, so little time.

Loren, somewhere on a DR350SE
doggitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #756
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggitter View Post
So I also checked and found the DR350 uses the same bulb as the DR650, that has already been tried.
H4 correct
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #757
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,341
As you guys are receiving your bulbs I will be on a 1500 mile plus dirt ride and most likely be out of service until early next week.
Should any issues arise you can contact Sandra or I will return at the latest next Wednesday.

I think we had our largest shipping volume in Cyclops history yesterday.
Thank You very much, your business is more than appreciated

As some might notice there was a small design change on the H4 to allow for a little more fit room. We gained about a half an inch in depth clearance, That mod was mainly for the KTM dirt bikes.
Im very happy with the outcome.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #758
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navy Chief's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
As you guys are receiving your bulbs I will be on a 1500 mile plus dirt ride and most likely be out of service until early next week.
Should any issues arise you can contact Sandra or I will return at the latest next Wednesday.

I think we had our largest shipping volume in Cyclops history yesterday.
Thank You very much, your business is more than appreciated

As some might notice there was a small design change on the H4 to allow for a little more fit room. We gained about a half an inch in depth clearance, That mod was mainly for the KTM dirt bikes.
Im very happy with the outcome.


My H7 is marked as out for delivery!

New toys when I get home!
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #759
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,341
For you riders getting the H7 remember the base comes off with a cam action, push down and twist. You can see the cam by looking down on the base plate.
Most should be arriving to you today.
Ill try to check in on this thread once I get some cell service on Friday.

Thank you!!!
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #760
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navy Chief's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Oddometer: 1,544
H7's arrived today, these look very well made. I am not sure that these are going to work for my application unfortunately. I test fit one of them on my 08 KLR and the fan housing hits the headlamp housing before the light is seated all the way. There is just not enough depth between the flange on the bulb and the fan housing.

I need to decide how far I am willing to modify my headlamp housing to make these fit. It will require grinding approximately 1.5-2.0mm off of the headlight to make it fit. This will have the consequence of making going back to a halogen impossible as it will grind off all the stock lamp retina hardware. Not a problem providing that these are available for the rest of my bikes life, or that they never fail.....

The other possibility is to make a spacer to move the entire led flange back the 2mm to make it fit, I don't think this is a good idea because it will change the relationship between the led emiter and the reflector changing the light output and pattern....

Time to think, any input from the crowd?
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #761
Chad05gsa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Ithaca ny
Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
H7's arrived today, these look very well made. I am not sure that these are going to work for my application unfortunately. I test fit one of them on my 08 KLR and the fan housing hits the headlamp housing before the light is seated all the way. There is just not enough depth between the flange on the bulb and the fan housing.

I need to decide how far I am willing to modify my headlamp housing to make these fit. It will require grinding approximately 1.5-2.0mm off of the headlight to make it fit. This will have the consequence of making going back to a halogen impossible as it will grind off all the stock lamp retina hardware. Not a problem providing that these are available for the rest of my bikes life, or that they never fail.....

The other possibility is to make a spacer to move the entire led flange back the 2mm to make it fit, I don't think this is a good idea because it will change the relationship between the led emiter and the reflector changing the light output and pattern....

Time to think, any input from the crowd?
Crap! mine just arrived today. Also was planning on fitting them to a 08 klr. I'm not sure I'm down with the modified headlight housing either? Keep us posted if you get it to work somehow, I won't be able to tear into it until the weekend.

samsung galaxy note 2
Chad05gsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #762
thesprocket26
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: SW Idaho, USA
Oddometer: 13
Received and they look great, thank you. I'll be ordering the h4 soon. Here is a pic with halogen in the top left, LED top right, HID center

Name:  attachment.jpeg
Views: 1238
Size:  10.6 KB

2001 Aprilia Futura, hey it goes off road sometimes!
thesprocket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #763
WindSailor
Studly Adventurer
 
WindSailor's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere out West
Oddometer: 635
Navy or Chad
If you don't want the H7, I am interested to see if it will fit in my GSA... PM me... to keep me up to date on what you guys decide. I only want one...

Sent from my Samsung Note 3

WindSailor screwed with this post 06-04-2014 at 10:09 PM
WindSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #764
JDE
n00b
 
JDE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Here
Oddometer: 6
Mine arrived today!
JDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #765
GlassAnkles
Chip to Queso Ratio
 
GlassAnkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 1,807
Hack it navy chad, its an 08 KLR so a used "like new" headlight assembly is going to run you $125...think about that price 4 years from now when you want to go back
GlassAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014