Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 03:50 AM   #766
Chad05gsa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSailor View Post
Navy or Chad
If you don't want the H7, I am interested to see if it will fit in my GSA... PM me... to keep me up to date on what you guys decide. I only want one...

Sent from my Samsung Note 3
I will take a look myself this weekend and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAnkles View Post
Hack it navy chad, its an 08 KLR so a used "like new" headlight assembly is going to run you $125...think about that price 4 years from now when you want to go back
That's true I'm sure one could be found relatively inexpensive if needed. Somehow I'm sure the dremel will be put to use this weekend.

samsung galaxy note 2
Chad05gsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #767
firstime911
n00b

Oddometer: 9
will it work for RnineT headlight is actually H4 bulb..
I can just buy the bulb.. no need for something extra right? like ballard etc...
firstime911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #768
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,585
Any updates on the H11 for the KTM 1190s?
Old 06-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #769
SDIZZY
N00b

Oddometer: 301
Dr650

I got my H4 today, just wondering, what's the 3 metal pieces for?
SDIZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #770
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,634
Works fine on the Super Sherpa.

JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #771
rpet
Awesometown

Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesprocket26 View Post
Received and they look great, thank you. I'll be ordering the h4 soon. Here is a pic with halogen in the top left, LED top right, HID center

Attachment 319883

2001 Aprilia Futura, hey it goes off road sometimes!

Blue
Read my homie's underway Africa trip RR - Round Africa with a Surboard
WTB: Clarke tank for DR650 for cheap - any color but blue.
rpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #772
KL_ARRR
Adventure Piggy

Oddometer: 476
For those of you in the KLR boat:

I received my lights today
I had to shave the higher retaining clip mount down to the level of the rest of the bezel. I tried to rework the metal clip to work with the new bulb bracket, but the plastic around one of the screws broke I was already committed at this point so I decided to glue the adapters into the headlight using urethane glue.

Since the back of the headlight was very dusty, didn't really want it collecting inside the headlight assembly. I cut up the existing rubber boots to look something like this:

I installed it onto the headlight upside down

There is still about 3/16" clearance around the entire LED module, and the vents for the heatsink are still exposed.

I am pretty pleased with how well the boots were repurposed. It would have been nice to be able to go back to the halogen lights at some point, but what's done is done I suspect that with a little more care, the wire retainer could be re purposed to work with either halogen or the LED adapter.

I had to see what the beam looked like and I was very impressed I'll take pictures of the headlight on the bike tomorrow night after the glue has fully cured.
KL_ARRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #773
Rharr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
About to install one of these H4 LEDS on my CRF450x, anyone know if I can wire it up to run both High and Low at the same time when I switch to the high circuit? Will it burn the bulb up? I will be running a dual sport control switch with both high and low options and will need to basically rewire the headlight circuit to take advantage of the high/low function and could wire it either as low off, high on. Low on, high off. Or low on, high on.

Thoughts?
Rharr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #774
don07tncav
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Installed a set in my 2012 DL1000 Vstrom for off road use of course. This shot is of one of the LED's installed along with a stock bulb.
Attached Images

don07tncav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #775
don07tncav
Adventurer

The install was very simple, reach in, take off the rubber cover, pull the old bulb, cut the rubber to fit the fan then install the LED bulb. Took less than 1/2 an hour. Here's how the new LED's lit up my barn....excuse the mess.....
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #776
don07tncav
Adventurer

Took a shot outside. Can't wait to see how they work in the fall when it's dark during my commute to and from work.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #777
KL_ARRR
Adventure Piggy

Oddometer: 476
2011 KLR Light pattern, same camera settings

Low Beam:

High Beam:
KL_ARRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #778
Trail Joe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rharr View Post
About to install one of these H4 LEDS on my CRF450x, anyone know if I can wire it up to run both High and Low at the same time when I switch to the high circuit? Will it burn the bulb up? I will be running a dual sport control switch with both high and low options and will need to basically rewire the headlight circuit to take advantage of the high/low function and could wire it either as low off, high on. Low on, high off. Or low on, high on.

Thoughts?
No problems with the LED. On high it uses all 3 leds and on low it uses the lower 2. Should work out just like you want it to.
Trail Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #779
1WD_RV
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Another happy Cyclops 3600 user (WR250R)

Thumbs up after installing the H4 3600 lumen Cyclops in my WR tonight...

Removed the headlamp housing from the bike and the install was smooth. Getting the retaining clips off the original H4 halogen (under the rubber boot) was a bit fiddly... Then inserted the new H4 metal insert, clipped it in w/ factory clips, inserted the LED lamp into the H4 insert and installed it's set screw. I used a little teflon tape on the set screw to perhaps help keep it from vibrating out. Given I couldn't re-use the rubber boot from the Halogen lamp (because of the LED cooling fan), I used some aluminum foil duct tape to seal off the opening in the round lamp-housing cavity the bulb sits inside. The "bulge" for the cooling fan was just above the top of the cavity my bulb sat inside... so I layered a few pieces of tape above the clip & below the fan... wrapping it down around the outside of the round cavity, then wrapped a zip-tie over top of the tape on the outside of the housing cavity for good measure. Re-assembled on the bike, zip-tied the new light cords in place, and went for a test ride after dark...

Outcome: I like the light - it throws a nice light pattern with distinctly more light than the halogen, but which didn't seem to bother other drivers. I feel better equipped for the night!
1WD_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #780
Lensgrinder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvfisher View Post
Please do, I'm waiting for confirmation that it's fits before ordering one for my bike.

Thanks
Dave
I just installed one in my wife's 2009 650 twin and my 2012 1200 GSA.
The H7 unit fit just fine.

What I did to get the clip fastened after removing the old bulb was loosen the screw on the right side holding the pivot side of the retaining clip so I could remove the clip completely.

Slide the clip on to the new bulb, plug in the connectors then slip the connectors and the wires into the housing.

Hook the two looped ends of the clip on the left side first, then with a screw driver push the pivoting side of the clip so you can grip it with needle nose pliers, then push under the head of the screw and into the slot and tighten the screw.

Be sure to position the leads out of the bulb at 12 o'clock, I couldn't get the cover on if it was at 6 o'clock position.

After reading a few more posts I realize I need to drill vent holes which will be easy enough.

The light works great, Brown headlight lead is ground, yellow is hot.
Richard

Lensgrinder screwed with this post 06-24-2014 at 12:33 PM
Lensgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote