Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #901
mantan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
WE don't expect any issue with the 1190, we do have a canbus interface for the H11 if necessary, but Im really hoping we wont need to add that.
we will add them to the site next week.
Thank You
I have tried several different "canbus" aware ballasts, "error cancellers", and in-line resistors of 10/15/25 watts for both high and low beam HIDs on my 1190 and nothing worked.

so I am very interested to see if your LED bulb will work on the 1190. I am currently using Slyvania silverstar ultras, which are a small improvement over regular halogens.

Count me in for 2 of yours if they work
mantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #902
robertd440
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Just found this thread. I haven't gone through the whole thing yet but have you had anyone test for you on a 01-07 bmw F650GS yet? If not I commute and ride the hell out of mine and can test fit for you.
robertd440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #903
Trail Joe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
Yeah. I saw his post about his 07 KLR, but he never followed up like he said he would.
What is the return policy?
If you are talking about me never reporting back, check out post 492. Maybe you were too busy naming your bikes to notice.
Trail Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:26 AM   #904
DieselFxr
Rider

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertd440 View Post
Just found this thread. I haven't gone through the whole thing yet but have you had anyone test for you on a 01-07 bmw F650GS yet? If not I commute and ride the hell out of mine and can test fit for you.
Yes I have one in my 05 F650gs. It has been in for 2 weeks now and I have commuted on the bike for the last 2 weeks. I work swing shift and leave work at midnight. It is a small bit better than the 35 watt HID I pulled out Its been so long since I have had a halogen bulb in this bike I don't think it puts out any more light than most halogens. It is a much better pattern than the HID I was using and it is whiter my HID was a 4300K lamp. You must modify you twist lock ring to fit it takes about a minute using a dremel tool. I am very pleased with the results.
DieselFxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #905
Shooplick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
H4

Just put one in my 07 speed triple. It is a snug fit but it fits in the buckets that hold the light housing. Cannot use the rubber seal piece bu shouldn't be a problem on the triple.

However I also put one in my crf250l and I also cannot use the rubber boot that seals the old bulb. Will this be a problem? The light is some what protected from the elements but when I ride it, it always seems to rain

I have a video comparing the led and stock bulb in my triple taken on my phone and I'll get it posted as soon as I remember my photobucket password.

Btw these are super bright and very pleased with them. I will probably put some in my truck now!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #906
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:
Yeah. I saw his post about his 07 KLR, but he never followed up like he said he would.
What is the return policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Joe View Post
If you are talking about me never reporting back, check out post 492. Maybe you were too busy naming your bikes to notice.
I stand corrected.
Here is your post from 492 so others don't have to go backwards:
"Finally got a chance to get out for a test ride at night to try out the new led
"Bulb". This is on a 07 KLR 650. First thing I noticed is that the low beam is now much higher than the hid setup that was in it and the high beam would just light up the tree tops. After lowering the headlight to the max, the low beam is still very useful with a nice even spread and the high beam is now where it should be. With the hid setup, it didn't seem to matter how low I ran the headlight it was still too bright for oncoming traffic, but this led is great on low beam. Overall a very easy, simple upgrade that should free up some electricity for other things like heated grips or auxiliary lighting. So once again, thanks Darryl!"

A few questions for you if I may?
With the headlight pointing as far down as possible, does the low beam meet the legal requirements as far as aim?
Same question with high beam?
Any problems with oncoming traffic flashing you?
Was it simple plug and play? Or did you have to do any modification?
Thanks
Sorry I missed your follow up post.
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #907
CNS-IT
Let Go

Oddometer: 525
2009 F800GS and LED Light

I have had the H7 LED Lamp installed in my 2009 F800GS for about two weeks now (about 1200 miles).

I have had no issues with it at all, on the road or in the dirt. No CANBUS issues or warning lights, etc.

The installation was smooth and pretty easy, especially when taking the headlight assembly off the bike and following the pictorial instructions posted in this thread.

Great product.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #908
sweetlou
small body, big balls

Oddometer: 1,134
Has anyone installed in a KTM 990 SM-T? Our headlight housing is much different than the ADV. We have a hard plastic cover over the back of the headlight housing which, from my untrained unprofessional eye, might make contact with the rear of the LED fan module.

Lou

[2009 KTM 250 XCW(e)]

[2004 KTM 525EXC] - Sumo build
sweetlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #909
Trail Joe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
I stand corrected.
Here is your post from 492 so others don't have to go backwards:
"Finally got a chance to get out for a test ride at night to try out the new led
"Bulb". This is on a 07 KLR 650. First thing I noticed is that the low beam is now much higher than the hid setup that was in it and the high beam would just light up the tree tops. After lowering the headlight to the max, the low beam is still very useful with a nice even spread and the high beam is now where it should be. With the hid setup, it didn't seem to matter how low I ran the headlight it was still too bright for oncoming traffic, but this led is great on low beam. Overall a very easy, simple upgrade that should free up some electricity for other things like heated grips or auxiliary lighting. So once again, thanks Darryl!"

A few questions for you if I may?
With the headlight pointing as far down as possible, does the low beam meet the legal requirements as far as aim?
Same question with high beam?
Any problems with oncoming traffic flashing you?
Was it simple plug and play? Or did you have to do any modification?
Thanks
Sorry I missed your follow up post.
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and try something.
The 2007 KLR is my wifes bike and I wanted her to have nice usable lighting. Stock halogen was pretty crappy, then we used a HID setup and it worked fine but it was really bright for oncoming traffic and for following me it got annoying with all of the scattered light in my mirrors. Darryl made these available and I figured what could I lose for $60? I used the HID wire harness for some auxiliary lights and just plugged the new LED bulb into the headlight. As far as plug and play, I left the rubber cover off, that is it. It fits great! On the first ride we both rode the bike back to back to get the light adjusted correctly. After lowering the headlight down to the max it worked great and it is aimed perfectly. The low beam has a nice cut off that is more like the stock halogen light not the HID. As for oncoming traffic, it looks like the stock halogen light level just white not orange. Once on high beam it is very hard to look at, it is like any bright LED in that since. Back on the bike, the high beam doesn't add a bunch more light, but it does add some. I think that using the high beam during the day makes you very visible yet haven't had people flash us during the day with it on. As far as a mod for your gen 1 KLR I would say it is one of the best/easiest mods you can do.
Trail Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #910
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Cry Super Tenere fitment - No go!

Here is a quote from the S10 forums:

Quote:
OK, I bit the bullet and ordered them, they arrived in good shape yesterday and I installed them (almost) last night.

The units appear to be good quality and well built, I know nothing about LED components I just talking general appearance.

Install required removing the headlight assembly from the front. They could be installed from the back but I found it easier to
get it out in the open with some room to work. I tried to remove 4 fingers with some roofing metal a few years ago, someone
with a little more dexterity may be able to get them in there from the back.

There is a small disk about 1/4 in thick and about 1in in diameter built into the wire that does not show in the pic on the
website, it was no problem as it tucked into the housing.

The Bad: the rear cover will not go on with the LED light installed it lacks about 1/4 in of closing.

Results: The LEDs produce a white light similar to HID, compared to OEM the beam is softer and less focused, and didn't seem
to be any brighter. It does cover a wider area, could be a plus in deer country.
I have installed HID in 2 other bikes on one it made a small improvement, the other was nite and day improvement, the difference was in the reflector. I suspect LED retrofits will be similar, results will vary from bike to bike.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #911
Johnrunner89
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
If anyone has put one in a 14' KTM 500 or 350 EXC, please share your experiences with fitment and installation. Thanks!
Johnrunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #912
Nnordsman
Nnordsman

Oddometer: 300
St

David-

Thank you for posting about the ST. That helps a bunch.

Denis
Nnordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #913
dirtdiver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnrunner89 View Post
If anyone has put one in a 14' KTM 500 or 350 EXC, please share your experiences with fitment and installation. Thanks!
I just got an H4 for my 2014 500exc. It looks like a really nice piece of equipment. However, I am not seeing a way to get it to fit. The EXC has a hard plastic boot with an Oring seal and the H4 connector wiring potted through the hard plastic. This is certainly not in the category of trim this or file a bit on that. I surfed around a bit to see if anyone else had solved this issue with no joy. I am probably going to send the cyclops back.

DD
2014 KTM 500EXC
dirtdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #914
Igotthis
So Close...

Oddometer: 48
How's the TT going? Ready to sell the 1190 bulbs yet? Being patient, not something I'm good at....
Igotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #915
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Joe View Post
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and try something.
The 2007 KLR is my wifes bike and I wanted her to have nice usable lighting. Stock halogen was pretty crappy, then we used a HID setup and it worked fine but it was really bright for oncoming traffic and for following me it got annoying with all of the scattered light in my mirrors. Darryl made these available and I figured what could I lose for $60? I used the HID wire harness for some auxiliary lights and just plugged the new LED bulb into the headlight. As far as plug and play, I left the rubber cover off, that is it. It fits great! On the first ride we both rode the bike back to back to get the light adjusted correctly. After lowering the headlight down to the max it worked great and it is aimed perfectly. The low beam has a nice cut off that is more like the stock halogen light not the HID. As for oncoming traffic, it looks like the stock halogen light level just white not orange. Once on high beam it is very hard to look at, it is like any bright LED in that since. Back on the bike, the high beam doesn't add a bunch more light, but it does add some. I think that using the high beam during the day makes you very visible yet haven't had people flash us during the day with it on. As far as a mod for your gen 1 KLR I would say it is one of the best/easiest mods you can do.
Awesome. Thanks for you review!
I'll be buying one.
The benefits of the reduced power for heated gear and the brighter light is what I'm looking for.
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote