Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #181
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,130
Harold had quite a time at the Overland EXPO.
Some pics from his adventure:
Scotty Breauxman and his F800GS, Siskiyou Panniers and Fandango Tank Bag Pro

Dannell and her Triumph Bonneville, also with Siskiyou Panniers and Fandango Tank Bag Pro

Sweet view of the Canyon...
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #182
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Giant Loop Racer: Pharoah's Rally Begins With Boano Racing Supported Napoli Giulio On Beta 450 Atacama

Motorcycle racing is a strong part of Boano family heritage. The founder, Roberto Boano was an accomplished Italian and World Motocross racer. His company was formed in 1976 to sale and service off road motorcycles. The shop grew until 1981 when Roberto became an official Honda dealer, carrying the brand until 2010. Roberto raced the Dakar Rally 5 times, twice as factory Honda pilot, riding Honda Africa Twins in each race. His best finish was 11th in 1991. Roberto's experience with factory rally bikes, combined with his two son's, Ivan and Jarno, careers as ISDE Gold Medalists, European Enduro Champions and World Supermoto podium contender, the Boano family is well versed in getting bikes and racers on the rostrum.

In 2005, Betamotor of Italy chose Boano Racing to manage the Beta factory team in the World Enduro Championships and Italian Enduro championship. This alliance has gotten stronger in the last couple years, with Boano Racing building the Beta 450RR Atacama, a Dakar legal Rally Replica. Boano Racing supports privateer racers participating in FIM rallies, like Pharoah's in Egypt and Sardegna in Italy, plus the Dakar Rally in South America.

Today, Jarno is in Egypt, managing racer Napoli Giulio and maintaining the Beta 450RR Atacama, during the stages of Pharoah's Rally. Napoli raced a Beta 450RR Atacama in the 2014 Dakar and retired from altitude sickness after the third stage. Wish them luck!!

Pic from Dakar site

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 05-20-2014 at 12:30 PM
Old 05-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #183
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Siskiyou Pannier summit meeting in Laos, with inmate Roninmoto, on his KTM 690 Enduro and a travelling Royal Enfield pilot. Ride on Fellas!

Check out the GL sticker on the front fender of the Enfield and the long travel suspension seat...

Old 05-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #184
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Our friends at Trailtech have equipped our bikes with a Voyager, the trail rider’s GPS, for our up and coming Summer Lake ride. I have ridden with my old Trailtech computer on my bike since I got my first KTM, an ’01 400 EXC. Back then, there was only one Trailtech computer, the Endurance, which I put on that bike to keep track of my hours, mileage and speed. When I sold the EXC, I kept the Trailtech and mounted it on my KTM 950 for a lighter and smaller speedo/odo that I was familiar with. Wouldn’t you know it, after years of service, the screen just faded away and the light didn’t come on anymore when the bike rolled. Normally, its never this simple, but I just had to throw another battery in and it was back in action!
Always been happy with my Trailtech, but I have been behind the times…

Trailtech has improved their computers over the years and now offer several models, including the GPS enabled Voyager. I had seen the Voyager at events and on other riders’ bikes, but had no first hand experience, so I was excited to get my hands on one and start capturing tracks! The package was complete with several pieces of hardware for mounting to 7/8′ and 1-1/8″ handle bars, several electrical cables for sensors and power, instructions for mounting all the cables, a miniSD chip to USB adapter and a CD with “Ride Leader”, Trailtech’s GPS mapping software for GPX files.
My plan was time limited so I decided to mount the Voyager to our Honda XR650R, attach the power and RPM cables, then go run the baby in GPS mode for Speedo and Tracks. The first thing to do was find room on the bars, then find convenient power to tap into.

I checked the voltage regulator for wire colors and dug out the headlight plug to compare. The wires were easy to splice into and I used bullet connectors compatible with the existing wiring to make the junctions.

Once I hooked up power and the RPM sensor was wrapped around the spark plug lead, I was ready to button up the project and get down the trail.
After a few miles of action, I had breadcrumbs on the map screen and the unit was calculating average speed and time traveled. Stoked!

The best part was, all the ride stats were a click away and I could plainly see the route we traveled.

Back at the shop, I exported the ride to the on-board SD chip and plugged it into my computer. Opening Ride Leader and uploading the tracks from the SD chip were straight forward and the next thing I knew, there was our ride route, plotted across the map.

All in all a great experience and I look forward to capturing more tracks and navigating with the Voyager.
I still have a coolant temp and wheel speed sensors on the bench and will install them next time I take the tank off.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #185
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

My previous post about the Trailtech Voyager was hiding the point that we pre-ran a section of the GL ride route to confirm navigation and inspect trail conditions. Today, I met with a couple of other route finders and we compared notes for this weekends pre-ride. It is shaping up to be a bit loose and powdery on the two track roads, so double check your tires if you are coming out to Summer Lake with us in June. I am putting a fresh set of Dunlop D606's on the KTM 500 EXC, since the set of Maxxis Desert IT's are looking a bit Baja'd...
On the other two bikes, I will replace the Shinko 244 on the front of the DRZ with a Kenda BigBlock and Metzeler Sahara on the front of the BMW F800GS.

Haven't decided what I am going to run on Big Bertha, but now that Motorace has brought Mitas dualsport tires into to the US, it might be some E-10's!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #186
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,998
Kudos to Giant Loop

For several years I have been using your products. This year I am using the Siskiyou pannier system. Once again you have created a great product. I put it to the test this past weekend at the Roaming Rally and haven't anything but positive things to say about it.

Had to do a slight modification to allow for fuel fillups

Thanks again for creating products that hold up to real world abuse

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #187
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Nice kit and bike build, Deadly99! Glad the Siskiyou Panniers are serving you well.

Dirt Bike magazine's June issue (dirtbikemagazine.com) has a full page write-up on the Buckin' Roll Tank Bag. They sum up the Buckin' Roll Tank Bag like this: "BOTTOM LINE: If you're one of those riders that has issues with a conventional tank or tail bag, the Giant Loop Buckin' Roll system may be the hot ticket. It's the least intrusive bag going today. It would make a nice addition to a tail bag or backpack, and while the $235 price tag gets your attention, the ability to cover some ground on your machine and carry enough goods to survive without killing the handling of the machine makes the Giant Loop Buckin' Roll a focused and positive adventure/dual-sport product."
Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #188
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,795
Question

can someone post a picture of the rogue dry bag and the great basin together ?

how do they fit together?

is it secure ?

thanks.

off the grid and deep in the woods
swamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:54 AM   #189
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,644
Locking for the Siskiyou panniers

I had to put my girl onto a Vegetable boat today bound for Indonesia. They said I can leave my bags on her, but I should secure them. My solution was to find some wire rope and crimps. I ran a string through the bags to find the desired length, then cut the wire rope accordingly. Obviously this will not stop someone determined to get into the bags, but it will slow them down. You can also lock the zipper closed using the loop inside where the buckle is. I had to use a round file on the zipper pull to fit the padlock through.

She can fly!

This side was not as tight, so I looped the side into the lock to tighten her up. I have the whole bag and helmet locked to the bike using a 3rd cable.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #190
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp View Post
can someone post a picture of the rogue dry bag and the great basin together ?

how do they fit together?

is it secure ?

thanks.
Swamp!
The Rogue Dry Bag is a good fit to the Great Basin Saddlebag.
With the daisy chain loops on the Rogue, the Great Basin Cinch Ring straps can pass through and secure it to the bike.

Noah, that is a great solution for securing the lids to your Siskiyous! Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #191
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,084
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
We have a few 2013 closeouts available on our site at 15-20% off right now:

2013 Diablo Tank Bag (identical to 2014, except for harness)

The 2013 Diablo, that has the base for the fuel filler cap (not like the original tankbags).
That right?
If so I'm in for one.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #192
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
The 2013 Diablo, that has the base for the fuel filler cap (not like the original tankbags).
That right?
If so I'm in for one.
Got ya covered. PM'ed you the details.
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #193
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Up loaded more pics from Overland EXPO!

Grand Canyon

Possibles Pouch hanging tight

Pannier Pockets on a Triumph Exporer and Possibles Pouch for engine guard bag

Diablo Tank Bag on 6 Days edition KTM 500 EXC

Back in the Wilder West...

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 05-29-2014 at 01:28 PM
Old 05-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #194
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

David Darcy of Australia, on a tough ride across the Simpson Desert, posted a short video of his progress.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #195
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
MEDIC MoJavi Saddlebags - Hangtown MX

Placer County Search and Rescue Motorcycle Team @ Hangtown Races 2014
OlafofOregon is offline   Reply With Quote