User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #241
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Siskiyou Panniers on Dirt Rider Magazine's 2014 Kawasaki KLR650

Thanks Dirt Rider Magazine for running Giant Loop's Siskiyou Panniers in the 2014 Kawasaki KLR650 test bike feature!bier

Can you do this on your fully loaded bike?

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 07-17-2014 at 02:03 PM Reason: typo on title, missing link
OlafofOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #242
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Video: "The Way We Roll 4" - Horca Moto's Adventure in South America

Here's a video that will put a smile on your face. We always say that whoever is having the most fun is the winner, which means Paul and Paula are definitely WINNING in South America!

He’s got the Siskiyou Panniers, Diablo Tank Bag and Tillamook Dry Bag on his Yamaha Tenere 660, and she’s got the Great Basin Saddlebag and Rogue Dry Bag on her Suzuki DR350.

Follow their adventures at Horca Moto!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #243
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,130
GIANT LOOP RIDER: SIMONE PREPARES FOR HIS RIDE TO MANUPUNER, RUSSIA

Manpupuner Express
By Simone Canizzo

In collaboration with Giant Loop Motorcycle Packing Systems, Caberg Helmets and Rieju Motorcycles
The journey
I admit that the idea of ​​reaching this remote place on the Ural Mountains is not mine, but of Nicholas Codognola the editors of Motorcycle Racing, which has also provided the logo of the shipment. In front of a sandwich (biker …) tells me about this mystical place, difficult to reach and even to be found on maps. It then performs the grave mistake of showing it on his smartphone, along with other information gathered by them in turn when he discovered its existence.
As always, the trips are born from the desires for me, and these are completely free to wander through my brain lobes, with a guarantee of absolute impunity.
And here I am, about two months later, to have simply decided that I want to go there and get to the nearest place where you can put the wheels.

The journey is divided into two parts: the first 95% and the remaining measly 5%.
For the second part I could take much longer than the first.
Indicatively, the path included in the first 95% will be:
● Italy
● Austria (Graz and Vienna)
● Slovakia (visit the main castles and tents pitched in national parks)
● Romania (“Transylvania, Transylvania station …”)
● Moldova (Republic of Transnistria and of the self-crossing: For years I want their money with a hammer and sickle, impossible to change or spend elsewhere if not in their status as the largest municipality of Pavia)
● Ukraina
● Russia (Moscow) certification that the girlfriend returns to Italy with a comfortable airliner, big sigh and departure to the East
Last 5%:
The Manpupuner is located in a natural park, so it is possible that I am able to bring the vehicle under one of the giants of stone.
However, it makes a difference which side you look at the lens.
The park of the Pechora-Ilyc extends primarily to the west of the site, thus obliging the reckless rider, after a journey of about 1000 km due east from Moscow, to leave the beloved zigzag through mud, rocks and curves not reported for a boat first and then just walk away. Respectively, are 250 kilometers to go on a boat up the river, then venture into the jungle for another 40 strictly on foot.
That’s interesting. vPerň ….
I have found that a climber has reached (and climbed …) one of the giants coming from the south, passing over Ekateryneburg and reaching Ivdel. The essay is then activated a GPS tracker, saving the path to the plateau. 200 miles to go, but overlaying the track to Google Maps, you can see the trails that are very close to Manpupuner, to the edge of the park, just 6 kilometers from the rock formations.

The idea is then to arrive from the south and grapple in the 200 miles of mud, river crossings and forest to get up to on two wheels where possible.
Then tie the bike to a tree, make a full day of hiking to reach the place longed for, take a terabyte of photos, go back to the bike, turn it, give it gas for 5000 miles to the view of the East Freeway
All of this is independent of the total lack of clear information about the possibility of facing “legally” the road to the north of Ivdel until Manpupuner. But “legally”, in Russia, it is an elastic term.
Criticality
One of the most challenging aspects is the part to drive over Ivdel, since I would not be the first to deal with it in motion, but you will find all the information about recommended to go as part of a shipment and a support vessel, immediately behind, to carry food and water. And gasoline.

Climber on the map indicate the points where you can stock up on water, I’ll see how the rest get organized before leaving the dirt road toward the plateau.

Also, after about 100 miles, you will cross a place where many years ago a group of experienced climbers found dead in order to say the least original: without language, almost without clothes even though it was February, escaped from the tents hastily cutting them from ‘interior with numerous fractures and interior with no signs of bruising. The friendly event is easily readable even on Wikipedia at this link …… and the way that I will go there exactly in the middle.
average
The trip, the photos and the post will be re-launched on ………
I have with me Canon professional products, two action cam, Caberg helmets and equipment Giant Loop.
Will be published daily on a post on a platform to define, spread via Twitter with a special hashtag, some pictures and a video pill (without editing) every 1 or 2 days.
Will be given the space to the impressions of a passenger, female, who until two years ago was convinced that the adventure was “anything more than Bordighera.” And always on four sturdy wheels.
The partners will be able to resume the materials on any media (traditional or electronic).
At the end of the trip, will produce a mini-documentary about the expedition of about 15 minutes, spread over the network through institutional channels Youtube.
the half
They are known to be an avid 50ini, but in this case I really could not help but add a few cubic centimeters, given the presence of a passenger to Moscow. The choice fell on the Tango 250, kindly provided (with a mountain of proxies translated into 15 languages ​​included) to Rieju Italy.

It ‘an appropriate means for the length of the journey and for that last 5%?
Obviously, no. And that’s why I like it.
who are they:
My name is Simon, I have worked in IT for about 15 years but with an eye often turned to the engineering of corporate events and their management (ING Direct, MV Agusta, DHL are just some of my clients).
When I stopped on the role of my first life, I found myself driving on 2 or 4 wheels, making travel increasingly long and increasingly less appropriate to the means used. Just to name a few, on 4 wheels I made a trip from Milan to Ulanbatoor with a Citroen AX, from Milan to Tokyo with a Fiat Uno and from Milan to Sydney with a Fiat 500. Staying on love 2 wheels, as well as traveled in throughout Europe, I made a trip to Morocco and South Africa-Egypt with a Honda Africa Twin 750 and went up in Kazakhstan via Russia and returning to Iran. Turning to small cubage, I went to Milan to Dakar with a Honda SH 50. My business is probably more interested in what was done between 2011 and 2012: from Cape Horn to Alaska with a Beta RR 50cc. 36.260 kilometers that I have earned the Guinness World Record for the longest journey ever made by the means of most small displacement.
The report of the Fuego2ice, the name of the last company, has been published extensively in the journal Motorcycling, on their official website and on my blog (with about 32,000 active members) connected to the Facebook group.
The event gave a tangible visibility and constant, for about 9 months, the partners and sponsors of the project (Betamotor, Toucan, Arai, Canon, Ber Racing, Ceva to name a few) through the press and social networks.
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #244
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Giant Loop Crash Bar Bags

1 package of 20" Pronghorn Straps + 1 Possibles Pouch = Giant Loop Crash Bar Bag! Note: The straps thread through the webbing loops on both the front and back sides of the Possibles Pouches.

This is where I keep my spare 21" front tube. On the other side, I carry tools.

Another example:

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 07-22-2014 at 07:35 PM Reason: added pic of Triumph Tiger
Old 07-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #245
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

BMW MOA International Rally

In St. Paul, MN for the BMW Rally - thousands of riders, lots of friends and customers.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #246
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

BMW GS Adventure w Siskiyou Panniers, Fandango Pro, Pannier Pockets

In Rox booth at BMW MOA Rally
Old 07-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #247
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

MotoGuzzi Stelvio

MotoGuzzi Stelvio with Great Basin Saddlebag and Fandango Tank Bag

Old 08-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #248
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Giant Loop Launches Giant Loop Snow Line: Adventure Proof Packing Systems for Snowmob

Because the adventure doesn't have to end when the snow starts piling up . . .

Giant Loop Launches Giant Loop Snow Line: Adventure Proof Packing Systems for Snowmobiles

Adventure Motorcycle Innovator Brings Polar Tested Extreme Conditions Experience to Winter Powersports Market

(BEND, OR, USA) Adventure-proof packing systems innovator Giant Loop announced today the introduction of a new line of products this fall for the 2014-2015 winter powersports season. The new Giant Loop Snow line is targeted at the hardcore mountain sledder, demanding touring snowmobile rider and the growing crossover market of on- and off-piste snow travelers. Giant Loop Snow is launching with extremely rugged, functional tunnel bags and gear pockets that deliver the rugged, stable, technical aspects of the company’s adventure motorcycle gear.

“We’ve been working in collaboration with Canadian extreme cross-country snowmobile racer Kirk Hastings and the owners of Motonation Canada, our motorcycle line distributor, to develop a tightly focused snow-specific product offering for serious sledders,” says Harold Olaf Cecil, Giant Loop’s owner.

Giant Loop dealer Rox Speed FX will preview the Giant Loop Snow Line at this year's Sno-Barons Haydays Grass Drags, September 6-7 in North Branch, Minnesota. This event officially starts the snowmobile season each year, with many of the manufacturers introducing their new models at Haydays.

Last March, Hastings’s Snowxcapes Team 7 finished third, capturing $20,000 in prize money, at the world’s longest snowmobile endurance race, Cain’s Quest in Labrador, Canada, using virtually unmodified gear from the Giant Loop motorcycle product line, including the Great Basin Saddlebag, Bushwackers Hand Guards, Possibles Pouch and Pronghorn Straps.

“With minus 52-degree C temperatures, polar bears, constant ice build up that required stopping to chop it off the sleds with axes — the most extreme conditions imaginable — Giant Loop gear performed flawlessly,” says Hastings.

"I have rolled my race sled twice — once down a bare gravel road — and the Giant Loop gear's tough construction has barely shown a scuff. I have driven through a forest burn-over intoxicated with sleep deprivation and brushed up against seasoned sharp branches with no penetration."

"There simply is no other luggage system out there utilizing such high quality materials and construction that would keep me moving forward under such user abuse," says Hastings.

“Preparing for the race, we did extensive research into the most rugged and stable bags available to carry our 90 pound of extra fuel and mandatory supplies, and Giant Loop came up repeatedly as the best designed, most functional and durable bags in powersports. Next year, we are poised to win Cain’s Quest with the help of the Giant Loop Snow line.”

Giant Loop Snow products will be distributed by Motonation Canada and available from a network of premium powersports dealers throughout the USA. Giant Loop designs and tests products in Bend, Oregon. For all the details, go to www.giantloopmoto.com.

#
Old 08-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #249
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Snow Dance Party is on the calendar now!!
Being a rabid snow fan, I can't help but feeling giddy with GL's latest news release. I am really excited to be working with GL during this new market development.

On to more relevant news... Oh wait, there's snow under that moto...

Tiffany finished her Ladies of Ladakh ride last week. Love the experience she shares on her page and how she relates to the locals!

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 08-04-2014 at 12:47 PM
Old 08-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #250
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

KTM 1190 Adventure R with Siskiyou Panniers, Fandango Tank Bag PRO

GL rider Brad Tawzer sold his KTM 990 ADV - AND his Husaberg 550 FE - to buy this slightly used KTM 1190 ADV. And when we rode he was all smiles all the time on this machine. He's running the Fandango Tank Bag PRO and Siskiyou Panniers, using the 1190's factory luggage supports and Giant Loop's 16" Pronghorn Straps to firmly mount the Panniers without a luggage rack.

"It to some time to make sure the Siskiyou Panniers were fitted properly. But once I did it works perfectly. I was able to strap the back part securely to the factory mount so no worries on the left side."

Old 08-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #251
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Pure Love... Looks tight with the Siskiyous.
I need to find a minute to go dance with Brad's new mistress!!

That is if he'll turn around long enough for me to get a leg over...
Old 08-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #252
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I've got first dibs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post

Pure Love... Looks tight with the Siskiyous.
I need to find a minute to go dance with Brad's new mistress!!

That is if he'll turn around long enough for me to get a leg over...
Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #253
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,795
Thumb mex to can

just finished riding mexico to canada on the continental divide.
used giantloop coyote bag (no beaver tail version) and pronghorn straps on my x-challenge
did the route in 8 days...

great gear guys. keep it up.
i love those pronghorn straps.

off the grid and deep in the woods
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #254
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 2,060
All set up for 10 days of desert travel! Full gear/equipment list here: CLICK HERE

Hodakaguy
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #255
PhaseShifter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Looking geat
PhaseShifter is offline   Reply With Quote