ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #151
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post
Dammit, I think you took mine! ;)
Ha ha....Sorry....
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #152
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
I'll start a new thread as my bracketry will be nothing near like the porn Erling has created, but the lights? Yes, took delivery today and I am busy making a temp bracket for my upcoming trip before I have a billet bracket made up. Let there be light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha.... saw your text..... Looks like we might be zapping cones through the desert in a few weeks...ehhhh...
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #153
lousot
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lousot's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 461
awesome work like always but so I don't have to go through this entire thread again where did you get the 60's
__________________
If you dump it in front of me.I promise I wont run you over.dit: And remember, "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".
lousot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #154
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousot View Post
awesome work like always but so I don't have to go through this entire thread again where did you get the 60's
Thanks.
I got them from Rally lights......

http://www.rallylights.com/all/light...mp-module.html

The hid I used the ballast from 1offmotorsports. They are no longer in busyness, But I have a few extra kits on the shelf, if you are interested, pm me. I got the 9005 HID " bulb" from the retrofitstore.com. It was a good buying experience with them.
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #155
mattlikesbikes
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 194
One of these days I need to load the big 29'r up on the back of the GS and head to El Paso.

Until then, what are your thoughts on the Hella? As I look at all of the LED and other fog lights I keep thinking a nice projector set with HID's in them would be the best light. And at $50 each, not a bad price. So how elements proof are they on their own? I thought I would make, aluminum or CF, a set of 75% wrap guards (Like the Touratech lights have), but if I also needed to make outdoor bodies too I'd consider it.
__________________
2009 F 650 GS - Lava Orange
mattlikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #156
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlikesbikes View Post
One of these days I need to load the big 29'r up on the back of the GS and head to El Paso.

Until then, what are your thoughts on the Hella? As I look at all of the LED and other fog lights I keep thinking a nice projector set with HID's in them would be the best light. And at $50 each, not a bad price. So how elements proof are they on their own? I thought I would make, aluminum or CF, a set of 75% wrap guards (Like the Touratech lights have), but if I also needed to make outdoor bodies too I'd consider it.
Hands down, the best low beam I have ever seen. I have seen a lot of them, but this one takes the cake. There are a few reasons I say that.

First... Hella told me it was developed by them for Buel. That was an indicator of a high quality torch. Not because of Buel, but because of a mc single has to throw as much light as possible as there are only one lens.

Second, is the beam. It is very well balanced with throw, and spread, with no hot spots. Compare to the stock, and see all the hot spots ( can be identified with a high light saturation, as compared with surrounding areas) It falters in comparison.

Third...Beam cutoff control is tremendously sharp, with again no rouge torching.

Fourth.... inexpensive.

Fifth.... All of the above statements apply with or without HID in there, as you can see there are no difference in the pattern.

It is funny you would say that. As I got it in stock, I was thinking the same thing. I was considering making a CF housing, to mount it in, and market them as true aux low beams, as fog lights, and low beams are really not the same.
I would say go for it...... At that price, throw in a set of 9005 HID from retrofitstore, and you are still under $100 per light.

Would love to show ya a few of the all year around trails here in the desert. Here is a few clips from the local. For some reason my go pro mocked the sound clip, and after rolling one of the tecno's here, I napped on a cactus...... Ha ha ha, so ironic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u74N--zbGbo

One of the primo descends....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJ3jJw3Hk8
__________________


Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 03-06-2014 at 08:34 AM
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #157
BMacW650
.
 
BMacW650's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Troy Michigan
Oddometer: 742
So true. The 60mm low beam Hella projector is one the best kept secrete. When you fit an hid, for normal road riding, any aux light would be useless when it's on.
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #158
mattlikesbikes
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
It is funny you would say that. As I got it in stock, I was thinking the same thing. I was considering making a CF housing, to mount it in, and market them as true aux low beams, as fog lights, and low beams are really not the same.
I would say go for it...... At that price, throw in a set of 9005 HID from retrofitstore, and you are still under $100 per light.
Agreed, not fog lights but Aux low beams. After I had Lasik it seems like my already meh night vision is even worse. Add in the crap GS stock headlight and it can make night riding a bit scary. I like the LED aux lights but with HID kits so cheap it just doesn't make since to not go big.

I'll order up a set and get started fabbing.
__________________
2009 F 650 GS - Lava Orange
mattlikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #159
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMacW650 View Post
So true. The 60mm low beam Hella projector is one the best kept secrete. When you fit an hid, for normal road riding, any aux light would be useless when it's on.
Indeed, I found this to be the fact. Thanks again for all your help....
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #160
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlikesbikes View Post
Agreed, not fog lights but Aux low beams. After I had Lasik it seems like my already meh night vision is even worse. Add in the crap GS stock headlight and it can make night riding a bit scary. I like the LED aux lights but with HID kits so cheap it just doesn't make since to not go big.

I'll order up a set and get started fabbing.
Awesome.... Cant wait to see the results.
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #161
mattlikesbikes
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 194
Erling, These things are HUGE!

Couple questions for you.

1. Are the four eye holes for the adjuster screws threaded on yours? Neither of my lights is threaded and I am not sure how they stay mounted.

2. Are you running a 35W or a 55W HID setup? Small space and plastic housing has me worried about heat dissipation.

Thanks

Matt
__________________
2009 F 650 GS - Lava Orange
mattlikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #162
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlikesbikes View Post
Erling, These things are HUGE!

Couple questions for you.

1. Are the four eye holes for the adjuster screws threaded on yours? Neither of my lights is threaded and I am not sure how they stay mounted.

2. Are you running a 35W or a 55W HID setup? Small space and plastic housing has me worried about heat dissipation.

Thanks

Matt
Matt.
The 4 bolts are used to mount the housing up against the front plate. I forwent using the adjuster, knowing that if I made everything plumb and square, then I did not need the adjuster.....



And you can see the front here...



So I just threw out the adjusters.
The HID is 35 watt. I think 55 watt is way overkill. Hope this helps.
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #163
teomannaskali
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Plaka 34
Oddometer: 738
You want the 100w HID. :)
teomannaskali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #164
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Grand Valley, Colorado
Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by teomannaskali View Post
You want the 100w HID. :)
As bright as the 35 is, I cannot even picture the 100W.
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #165
runnr548
BMW Pilot
 
runnr548's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Atomic City
Oddometer: 128
Cool2

Awesome work! I love LED's!
runnr548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014