jengel451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #32
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post
that is an awesome combo!!!!!!!!
I agree. I really wanted the best out there, but realized that if I end up offering these as retro kits, it might be too much with a 230 price tag. So I decided to make this combo first, and then look into offering the 90mm Hella with either the 9011 Halogen, or the 9005 HID, but that comes later. I now have to look at the mount of the two different units, but I am super excited, as both of these units are king of their realms.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #33
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 743
I can tell you right now. I'm first in line!!!!

I've witnessed first hand the Cyclops light your talking about, the thing is an animal. And, if you can do it in such a way that the Amber cover can be put on easily, even better.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #34
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I can tell you right now. I'm first in line!!!!

I've witnessed first hand the Cyclops light your talking about, the thing is an animal. And, if you can do it in such a way that the Amber cover can be put on easily, even better.
Sounds great. Yes, the covers are a must, and I plan on having it easy to install.

Erling
Old 01-30-2014, 08:56 PM   #35
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT

Oddometer: 1,627
Edit... never mind, I'll watch the story develop.

David
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT

MTrider16 screwed with this post 01-30-2014 at 09:01 PM
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #36
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

High beam is in.

This just came in the mail today....

Erling
Old 02-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.co...ight_p_64.html

I am seriously considering adopting these to the F8GS!! Add in the Skene dimmer and a pair of amber wide lens covers for the trail.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #38
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 743
Ok, I take back my rib in another thread
Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #39
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ok, I take back my rib in another thread
Come again.... I missed that...???

Erling
Old 02-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #40
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

So I unpacked the 25 watt led high beam yesterday, and fired it up with a dc power supply. Here are a few initial observations. Color temp is perfect. I will say about 5000-5500K. Throw is crazy far, but with a caveat. I will classify this as a pencil beam. I know cyclops does not use this, but it is thin and very far. I got what I wished for. The caveat..... poor spread in the upfront area. I will be quick to say that is not the lights fault. It is doing what it was designed to do, and it is doing it great. Mind you this is with the single led on only. I suspect this will remedy itself, with the addition of the Hella 60mm single projector. Come to thing about it, I think this will be a perfect combo. If any of you are planing to run a single 25W LRE with nothing else, I think you will fall short in the immediate 100 feet illumination. I don't see why you would do that though, without your low beam on. Mind you, this is going to be a stock headlight replacement. You can hang what ever lights on the bike you choose. That is not the point, merely how good can you make a OEM replacement. Stay tuned for pictures tonight. Suposed to be dust stormy again the next 4 days though. In closing..... I have never seen such a clean, bright, long throw LED. I can just imagine two of them. Very impressive.

Erling
Old 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #41
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Erling, did you get a lens cover?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #42
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
Erling, did you get a lens cover?
I did not. Fog happens about once a year here in the desert, and I am usually in front of the espresso machine that entire day.... At this point, I don't think I will have use for it, but that could change. The mount will have room for it however. With two of them up there, what are you going to use for low beam...???

Erling
Old 02-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #43
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I did not. Fog happens about once a year here in the desert, and I am usually in front of the espresso machine that entire day.... At this point, I don't think I will have use for it, but that could change. The mount will have room for it however. With two of them up there, what are you going to use for low beam...???
Dimmer switch set for one light, second light will be the high beam and will have the amber with wide 20 degree.
The amber really does add to what you see, helps fill the shadows, at least for me. I don't do a lot of city driving, like as in almost never, and the 10 degree beam is easily aimed. I am running 2 of the LR lights as conspicuity lights at %100, I have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, unlike the Rigid Duallys I had on previously (with the amber lens covers). I added the 630 Penetrator light bar to the beak of my F8GS for the fill off road that I lost running the 2 10 degree lights. All I can say is I worry about all the blind animals I leave in my wake when I am fully lit.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #44
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
Dimmer switch set for one light, second light will be the high beam and will have the amber with wide 20 degree.
The amber really does add to what you see, helps fill the shadows, at least for me. I don't do a lot of city driving, like as in almost never, and the 10 degree beam is easily aimed. I am running 2 of the LR lights as conspicuity lights at %100, I have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, unlike the Rigid Duallys I had on previously (with the amber lens covers). I added the 630 Penetrator light bar to the beak of my F8GS for the fill off road that I lost running the 2 10 degree lights. All I can say is I worry about all the blind animals I leave in my wake when I am fully lit.
I have tried the dimmer function, on a few led's, and have never been satisfied with the results as a low beam. I am not meaning to start a drama about the "approved" vs " not approved" but I am a firm believer of regarding the low beam, stick with a housing that is made to do so.... But that is just me, and many find the dimmer satisfactory. I do think you will need a flod of some kind though if you ride any technical sections, as imho there are not enough illumination in the first 50 feet, specially for single track use. I think that perhaps a pair of their 10 watt floods should more than take care of this. That said, no rider is the same, and different riders demand different light setup, and what will be optimal for me, might not be for you, but we will still chase each others tail, and share a cold one around the camp fire.....

Erling
Old 02-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #45
dpm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
no cutoff shield on the projector unit?
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote