ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #61
ironbrewer
Hopefully Riding

Oddometer: 4,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
http://www.dailycamera.com/letters/c...les-off-tundra

Word is that Anne was one of the grass roots organizers of the Indian Peaks Wilderness back in the 80s

Its encouraging to see every comment on this story to be pro opening the tunnel again.

Pat Paulsen
ironbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #62
Tfogger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:

Word is that Anne was one of the grass roots organizers of the Indian Peaks Wilderness back in the 80s
She holds this position DESPITE the language in the laws creating the Wilderness areas that MANDATES that the route be open. Typical tree hugging liberal fascist.
www.tfogwheelsports.com
85 XT350,04 WR250,87 VFR700 (75k miles and counting),01 FZ1 (54K miles and RIP )
Tfogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #63
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,896
Yep I tried to leave a reply there...got to have any comment moderated first and approved.

But their FB page is open to posting...LOL
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #64
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfogger View Post
She holds this position DESPITE the language in the laws creating the Wilderness areas that MANDATES that the route be open. Typical tree hugging liberal fascist.
Was thinking of that same irony myself during this mornings commute.
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:49 AM   #65
sjeproductions
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Appreciate the heads up!

Thanks for posting this info. I've passed along the date and time to a number of riding buddies (moto and mtn bike) in hopes they will attend. Since the floods all but wiped out access to the tiny bit of riding we had here in the Boulder area, opening up the tunnel would provide a great opportunity to access more trail systems. Not to mention being able to hit it with either my 450 or 950!!
sjeproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #66
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 19,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Permabans are permanent. Go back and find the thread. A lot of crap went down. Until you read the thread, it's pointless to comment.
let's see the thread?

a lot of crap went down...oooh.
geez a bunch harsh posts on a web forum and people get their man-ginas in a permanent twist. real dudes say fuck it and move on w/ any grudges. after 3 years it's just dumb and childish to even care.

you're back on ADV & still purposely fucking with people.
the focus here is opening Rollins, not some kiddy arguments.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #67
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 19,288
Quote:

well there is the problem. funny thing is guys from winter park could have been driving all over the tundra this whole time any way. counter arguments could be
-it's the law
-opening will stop people from illegally riding on the tundra now & thus better preserve the tundra.
-signs and fencing can be put up if this is truely the concern.

it's all smoke and mirrors anyway as she does not want more vehicles up their now then their already are.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #68
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
well there is the problem. funny thing is guys from winter park could have been driving all over the tundra this whole time any way. counter arguments could be
-it's the law
-opening will stop people from illegally riding on the tundra now & thus better preserve the tundra.
-signs and fencing can be put up if this is truely the concern.

it's all smoke and mirrors anyway as she does not want more vehicles up their now then their already are.
I also think, as I said previously, that we need to remind people of the flood and the difficulty folks were having finding egress and ingress to that very area.

I met with a gentleman yesterday who has a home in Estes and a cabin in Granby. He was out of town when the flood hit and his wife was in Estes. He went to the cabin and with the help of Forest Service personnel and some foreigners who escaped through the forest, they were able to map out a back county escape for her.

We all agree that recreation on our land is important but there is still an underlying safety issue with having the route blocked off and in complete disrepair.
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #69
sjeproductions
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
For what it's worth...

The members of the board reviewing this are new, so what negativity that has taken place in past meetings should be left in the past. A friend of mine works for the city and has said that they are serious about listening to the public. I'm just going to represent myself as an older demographic (Boulder resident, homeowner, employed in the city limits, resident for 13 years who also rides motorcycles) and perhaps that might alleviate some fears that not everyone who swings a leg over a motorcycle is hell bent on destroying the land.
sjeproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #70
309 OP
Special Purpose

Oddometer: 5,469
Two of the three commissioners are new. Of note is that commissioner Pearlman, the most outspoken opposition to the opening of Rollins Pass, is gone.

Also gone is Christine Walsh, the curmudgeonly head of the Boulder Ranger District who hated motor vehicles and their operators passionately. I have not been involved with the Boulder Ranger District stuff for quite some time so I don't know who is in charge now or what their attitude regarding such matters is.

The meeting is now on the agenda:

Public Hearing: Commissioners will take public comment on a proposal by Grand and Gilpin Counties to open Rollins Pass Road to vehicular traffic between State Highway 119 and U.S. Highway 40.
ACTION REQUESTED: Information Only

This should be interesting.

A side note:

If you can't talk about anything without going on a mouth-foaming rant of Bill O'reilly talking points about completely unrelated issues (Obamacare), PLEASE STAY HOME. You won't help the cause by making us all look like idiots.
309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #71
arroyo
??????????

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 309 View Post
If you can't talk about anything without going on a mouth-foaming rant of Bill O'reilly talking points about completely unrelated issues (Obamacare), PLEASE STAY HOME. You won't help the cause by making us all look like idiots.
Well crap, I'm out...

COHVCO | Stay The Trail | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
arroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #72
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
let's see the thread?

a lot of crap went down...oooh..............blah...blah..blah

Billy. Relax.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #73
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,582
Steve asked me to post this.

309 said:
"Two of the three commissioners are new. Of note is that commissioner Pearlman, the most outspoken opposition to the opening of Rollins Pass, is gone."

yeah he sure is "gone" he is now the Boulder county attorney (not so gone IMO).

309 also said:
"If you can't talk about anything without going on a mouth-foaming rant of Bill O'reilly talking points about completely unrelated issues (Obamacare), PLEASE STAY HOME. You won't help the cause by making us all look like idiots."

I say people have a right to be mad and nobody, should tell them how to feel or what to say.
Steve
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #74
Wannabeeuro
Tuner chic

Oddometer: 1,982
Meter pig is now the mouthpiece for Estaban! My life is now complete, I've seen it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Steve asked me to post this.

309 said:
"Two of the three commissioners are new. Of note is that commissioner Pearlman, the most outspoken opposition to the opening of Rollins Pass, is gone."

yeah he sure is "gone" he is now the Boulder county attorney (not so gone IMO).

309 also said:
"If you can't talk about anything without going on a mouth-foaming rant of Bill O'reilly talking points about completely unrelated issues (Obamacare), PLEASE STAY HOME. You won't help the cause by making us all look like idiots."

I say people have a right to be mad and nobody, should tell them how to feel or what to say.
Steve

Find Me with SPOT http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...kUQSskMiIucMuB
Wannabeeuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:33 AM   #75
309 OP
Special Purpose

Oddometer: 5,469
I agree that Pearlman as County Attorney is no triumph for us, but he's not a commissioner anymore. That's all I was saying.

I'm content to disagree with Steve about who should say what at these functions. I've been to a whole bunch of land use meetings where the message of our side has been diluted by idiots blathering on and on about completely unrelated political agendas.

Land use is not a Liberal vs Neocon issue.
309 is offline   Reply With Quote