ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #76
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,491
Agreed.

From having done a fair bit of these things. Here is my take.

Have your talking points. Have back up talking points.

If the 15 people ahead of you have said exactly the same thing, move to your secondary points.

Keep it brief and to the point. When you get to the 25th person saying exactly the same thing, the board members check out.

Take it for what it's worth.
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #77
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanniko View Post
Last year I contacted the AMA hoping our ex senator would be able to have an impact. I was not able to get a direct contact with him and I was referred to a regional rep that said to get involved at the local level. It sure would be awesome if there was a legal way over the divide.

I know Wayne Allard fairly well (he's a Loveland native and I've campaigned for him before) and I know his daughter very well (went to college together). Let me see if there's a way I can get word to him.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #78
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
Also, Motoadventure Kawasaki plans to be in attendance (not as a business, but as concerned offroad riders)

And if anyone here could get me Steve Green's contact info via PM I would appreciate it. My phone got stolen last summer and I lost pretty much all my contacts including Steve's phone and email.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #79
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Also, Motoadventure Kawasaki plans to be in attendance (not as a business, but as concerned offroad riders)

And if anyone here could get me Steve Green's contact info via PM I would appreciate it. My phone got stolen last summer and I lost pretty much all my contacts including Steve's phone and email.
Incoming PM....

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #80
arroyo
??????????????????

Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeeuro View Post
Meter pig is now the mouthpiece for Estaban! My life is now complete, I've seen it all!

It's just wrong on so many levels...

COHVCO | Stay The Trail | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
arroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #81
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
Agreed.

From having done a fair bit of these things. Here is my take.

Have your talking points. Have back up talking points.

If the 15 people ahead of you have said exactly the same thing, move to your secondary points.

Keep it brief and to the point. When you get to the 25th person saying exactly the same thing, the board members check out.

Take it for what it's worth.
I would also play the game and have allies (or just plants).

Besides the RR & Off-road community there w/ the 2 other counties off-course, have a person or 2 from the MTB community and even hiking community say how they'd like to have the road open. I know that if it was open plenty from the Boulder area would drive over the pass in the summer to hike and bike on the winter park side. have THOSE people speak up too and show Boulder county it's more than just those dirt guys.
They'll perk up fast when a hiker says sure i'd love to hike some on that side too.

Here's a point on that
-on the boulder side the parking for hikers is tight at the top yet if they could go through the tunnel the parking is much better. this would benefit hikers too.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #82
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
I would also play the game and have allies (or just plants).

Besides the RR & Off-road community there w/ the 2 other counties off-course, have a person or 2 from the MTB community and even hiking community say how they'd like to have the road open. I know that if it was open plenty from the Boulder area would drive over the pass in the summer to hike and bike on the winter park side. have THOSE people speak up too and show Boulder county it's more than just those dirt guys.
They'll perk up fast when a hiker says sure i'd love to hike some on that side too.

Here's a point on that
-on the boulder side the parking for hikers is tight at the top yet if they could go through the tunnel the parking is much better. this would benefit hikers too.

What's in it for Boulder? Need people from Winter Park who want the shortcut to see stuff in Boulder.

I didn't realize how stupid and funny that sounded until I wrote it out. Who WANTS to go to Boulder?
TinkerinWstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #83
mmanniko
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Wonder how this will change things? http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/ne...TELPRDB5448012

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
mmanniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #84
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,119
And I quote

"The property includes riparian and fish habitat as well as habitat for threatened Canada lynx and the Northern American wolverine, a candidate species for federal listing. Other species that stand to benefit include American marten, pygmy shrew, a variety of birds and several rare plant species."

Looks like a move to tug on the heartstrings on enviromentals everywhere.
Has anyone ever seen a Canadian Lynx or NA wolverine in Colorado?
Not to mention, and they didn't, the rare plant species.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #85
Pariahtize
Miscategorized

Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
And I quote

"The property includes riparian and fish habitat as well as habitat for threatened Canada lynx and the Northern American wolverine, a candidate species for federal listing. Other species that stand to benefit include American marten, pygmy shrew, a variety of birds and several rare plant species."

Looks like a move to tug on the heartstrings on enviromentals everywhere.
Has anyone ever seen a Canadian Lynx or NA wolverine in Colorado?
Not to mention, and they didn't, the rare plant species.

Typical hogwash that makes me literally laugh out loud. . . and then become bloodshot with anger. . . but then that's the kind of manic bastard I am.

While I appreciate a good hearty laugh, this stuff is absurd, shallow Brainwashing 101.

*I don't know if you had a type-o, but I like the spelling and will use i in the future: "enviromentals".
Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #86
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,119
an oldie but a goodie!
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #87
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
What's in it for Boulder? Need people from Winter Park who want the shortcut to see stuff in Boulder.

I didn't realize how stupid and funny that sounded until I wrote it out. Who WANTS to go to Boulder?
what?

the argument is to the Boulder County commissioners on why the road should be open. they need to hear from their constituents (a varied group of them) on why this road should be open. elected officials only worry about 1 thing, getting re-elected. if they think they are going against the people who could re-elect them, they change their view real fast.

it's that simple.
Butler Maps website:
Old 02-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #88
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanniko View Post
Wonder how this will change things? http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/ne...TELPRDB5448012

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
i'd say they are worried about development & encroachment near wilderness land #1. they always buy open land when they can . it's sacred ground to Boulder County. i enjoy hiking wilderness land so i get it.

that is why the argument must be this road will keep OHV OFF wilderness land (illegal poaching) and provide a corridor through it. the rail road guys must agree to use their $ and build a strong chain fence along the whole wilderness boundary so no one can go off trail.
add to that a proper parking lot at the top for all sides to legally park and enjoy and hike (where are those hikers who are in favor????)

this is ESSENTIAL to the argument w/ Boulder County!

provide a logical solution to everyone one of their arguments.

trust me, they are going to have a BOATLOAD of people standing up arguing against.
emails are flying right now for their people to not miss this meeting.
the FOR THIS group needs to be just as big and just as varied of a user type to counter-act or it fails yet again.
Butler Maps website:

eakins screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 11:55 PM
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #89
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahtize View Post
Typical hogwash that makes me literally laugh out loud. . . and then become bloodshot with anger. . . but then that's the kind of manic bastard I am.

While I appreciate a good hearty laugh, this stuff is absurd, shallow Brainwashing 101.

*I don't know if you had a type-o, but I like the spelling and will use i in the future: "enviromentals".
well making fun at the other view does nothing to help your view.
Butler Maps website:
Old 02-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #90
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
what?

the argument is to the Boulder County commissioners on why the road should be open. they need to hear from their constituents (a varied group of them) on why this road should be open. elected officials only worry about 1 thing, getting re-elected. if they think they are going against the people who could re-elect them, they change their view real fast.

it's that simple.
Was makin a joke. Seems I have major difficulties with sarcasm on this forum.
TinkerinWstuff is online now   Reply With Quote