ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #61
funinthesun
Gnarly Adventurer
 
funinthesun's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: so cal
Oddometer: 268
Show us your new Liquid Cooled BMW R1200GSA

Yesterday's ride



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you didn't crash at lease once, you were not having enough fun!
funinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #62
DrHaus
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DrHaus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Oddometer: 104
Still sitting at dealer

Too much snow to ride it home so it is sitting at the dealer...looks lonely to me...will have BMW panniers and tank bag for pickup hopefully tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSA LC - The Blue One
2005 Honda ST 1300 - For Sale
DrHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #63
GSDirtbag
Adventurer
 
GSDirtbag's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Low, Quebec
Oddometer: 86
Seat

I have my deposit since nov on a white GSAW. I know on paper the height is the same as the old 2010 GSA that I have. I am 5.8 with 30 inseam is the bike taller. I sat on one at a bike show in Ottawa but the dealer had it on high position and said they did not have the key to lower it. I guess they wanted to push the sale on the GSW since it will be more available. my dealer in Montreal is taking orders for the September delivery. love the pictures keep them coming... I don't mind the height but my buddy not so experience is he has a deposit on the blue gsaw and is the same height as me.
__________________
A Bad Attitude Is Like A Flat Tire. You Can't Go Anyware Till You Change It.

14 BMW R1200GSAW, 10 BMW R1200GSA, 08 BMW R1200gs, 07 BMW XCountry, 87 Honda CR500

GSDirtbag screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 11:50 AM
GSDirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #64
mefly2
Beastly Adventurer
 
mefly2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Big Sky Country
Oddometer: 1,182
Wow !!!
__________________
----------------> jer-
30+ years with RTs...then to F/GS; now *Finally*
the BMW: R1200GSW, factory low seat & lower crash bars;
Touratech: Upper Crash Bars, big foot, pannier rack, ZegaPro panniers;
Fuzeblock, Rigid Dually D2 + yellow covers; Wunderlich bar risers w/ Q-adjust
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #65
sarhog
Ride far...
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Florida Panhandle
Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Wow !!!
Thank you.
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GS
sarhog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #66
atwoodtja
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: New England, US
Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDirtbag View Post
I have my deposit since nov on a white GSAW. I know on paper the height is the same as the old 2010 GSA that I have. I am 5.8 with 30 inseam is the bike taller. I sat on one at a bike show in Ottawa but the dealer had it on high position and said they did not have the key to lower it. I guess they wanted to push the sale on the GSW since it will be more available. my dealer in Montreal is taking orders for the September delivery. love the pictures keep them coming... I mind the height but my buddy not so experience is he has a deposit on the blue gsaw and is the same height as me.
Because its a cold friday afternoon at work in February, I'll ask a theoretical: assuming you're not a tall guy, and you're getting the GSAw mostly for the huge gas tank, maybe you should find a local, taller GSw owner and try swapping the shocks, assuming his bike is new as well? Could be a low-cost alternative to a lowering kit.
__________________
2013 BMW R1200GS-LC
2008 Suzuki DRZ400
atwoodtja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #67
GSDirtbag
Adventurer
 
GSDirtbag's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Low, Quebec
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodtja View Post
Because its a cold friday afternoon at work in February, I'll ask a theoretical: assuming you're not a tall guy, and you're getting the GSAw mostly for the huge gas tank, maybe you should find a local, taller GSw owner and try swapping the shocks, assuming his bike is new as well? Could be a low-cost alternative to a lowering kit.
I don't mind the height at all I just want to know from a new GSAW owner if they feel the bike is higher then a 2010 gsa.
__________________
A Bad Attitude Is Like A Flat Tire. You Can't Go Anyware Till You Change It.

14 BMW R1200GSAW, 10 BMW R1200GSA, 08 BMW R1200gs, 07 BMW XCountry, 87 Honda CR500
GSDirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #68
lockwood111
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Oddometer: 14
The previous GSA was too tall for me. My GSA wc is certainly slightly lower and I can manage it quite easily. I'm 5'8" with a 30' inseam

John
lockwood111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #69
GSDirtbag
Adventurer
 
GSDirtbag's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Low, Quebec
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwood111 View Post
The previous GSA was too tall for me. My GSA wc is certainly slightly lower and I can manage it quite easily. I'm 5'8" with a 30' inseam

John
Thanks that's what I was looking for...
__________________
A Bad Attitude Is Like A Flat Tire. You Can't Go Anyware Till You Change It.

14 BMW R1200GSAW, 10 BMW R1200GSA, 08 BMW R1200gs, 07 BMW XCountry, 87 Honda CR500
GSDirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #70
funinthesun
Gnarly Adventurer
 
funinthesun's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: so cal
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwood111 View Post
The previous GSA was too tall for me. My GSA wc is certainly slightly lower and I can manage it quite easily. I'm 5'8" with a 30' inseam

John

Im the same size coming off a 2012 GSA and the 2014 GSA is a bit easier to touch on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you didn't crash at lease once, you were not having enough fun!
funinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #71
Bighead
Adventurer
 
Bighead's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: CO
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHaus View Post
Too much snow to ride it home so it is sitting at the dealer...looks lonely to me...will have BMW panniers and tank bag for pickup hopefully tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.


I was looking at your bike today when I stopped by BMW of Denver...nice ride. That blue is really starting to grow on me.
__________________
2014 GSA

Strong like ox...smart like tractor.
Bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #72
1badHD
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Southern,IN
Oddometer: 78
Wow! Sweet bike man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHaus View Post
Too much snow to ride it home so it is sitting at the dealer...looks lonely to me...will have BMW panniers and tank bag for pickup hopefully tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

1badHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #73
Voz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Voz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 338
GSA Blue is stunning

Love the blue, that is all.
__________________
Sydney, Australia

2013 R1200 GSW Red - Blown Engine & Gearbox (clutch basket nut issue)
2015 R1200 GSW White - On order to replace blown up 13 GSW
Voz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #74
jonny cash
LEGEND
 
jonny cash's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: harrisburg illinois
Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwalberg View Post
Lovely day here in California



Could you tell me what size panniers? 31/38? great looking bike!
jonny cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #75
DrHaus
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DrHaus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
I was looking at your bike today when I stopped by BMW of Denver...nice ride. That blue is really starting to grow on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badHD View Post
Wow! Sweet bike man!
Thanks! Going to try to pick it up tomorrow...the roads finally cleared enough (I hope). Also hoping they have my pannier locks and tank bag in. Both were supposed to be delivered today.
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSA LC - The Blue One
2005 Honda ST 1300 - For Sale
DrHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014