User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #1
JackpineZuki OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Husqvarna 2006 TE 610 Dualsporty

The other day I was checking out Euro dirt ride offerings, and at the Husqvarna web site found a new dual sport offering for 06. Looks very nice, am still drooling about it, so off I go the dealer tomorrow to get more info, well prices and when they will be getting one in, so I can check it out. I have been lurking for a while and just recently joined, and have to say this is a great site. I have been searching through this forum and have not come across much Husky stuff, maybe did't go back far enough yet. So I don't know how much of a presence Husqvarna has had in this market. So any info in this area will be great. When I get prices and availability will post.
JackpineZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:50 AM   #2
JackpineZuki OP
Adventurer

Duh, went back farther and found a little thread related to this bike, it is one sweet looking bike.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #3
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,178
in my experience there has been only a little discussion of the Swede, but that is likely due its rarity and the impression that parts are relatively unavailable. many who know it say its got great components and could be a serious contender if it were more available and fully supported.

the talk is now that Husky is fully supporting their bikes in the US and that good models will be available. KTM could use some competition in their class; bring it on!

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #4
Airhead
More human than human

Oddometer: 2,099
Only thing I can see about it that would be a bit of a bummer is the small tank. If you're going to make a large single, why not give it a decent tank? It's not like it's a bike you're going to trailer to the trails, ride 20 or 30 miles of hard singletrack, and then trailer home. Even if your going to use it in the desert, it'd be nice to have a range of 200 miles or so.

That said, it does look like a sweet bike. I'm hoping to find a dealer relatively nearby who has one next year...like to take a look...
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
WR_guy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
I wonder if the Husky 610 will have a smoother motor than the KTM?

Maybe its just me but I can't take shaker bikes on the road.

Anybody ride one?
WR_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #6
Airhead
More human than human

Oddometer: 2,099
It's funny...I hear about the vibe problem all the time, but my LC4E barely vibrates, at least where it counts, in the bars, seat, and pegs. The bikes are susceptible to tuning...so if you have your fuel delivery system set up wrong, they do shake. But when set up correctly...really no problems. It's certainly not like riding my KRS...but that bike is so smooth and quiet I can barely tell it's running...
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #7
Trevor S
Cap'n Flatulence !

Oddometer: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_guy
I wonder if the Husky 610 will have a smoother motor than the KTM?
Silky smooth (I owned an earlier model), KTM could learn a lesson from Husky. When I had heard they were upgrading it I was hopeful for a bike more akin to the 640 Adv. I just wish they had a rallye style option available for it...i.e a bit of a faring, large tank etc Looks like I will have to stick with the KTM Adv.

Some talk here about it
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=286064

IMO my old TE-610-E was the best middle distance adventure bike there was (1 -4 day unsupported rides). Where it was let down was suspension but at least in Aus it came stock with a 17l tank, the tank on the new one is a nonsense
Trevor S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #8
JackpineZuki OP
Adventurer

No 06s in yet

Just got back from the dealer, looks like I will be waiting a couple more months till they start receiving their 06 stock. Did find out the MSRP of the 05 TE 610 was $6499, so with all the improvements to the 06 I am thinking that the 06 might be closer to 7 thousand, have to wait and see. All of the Husky input has been great so far, and greatly appreciated. Living in Michigan, I have miles and miles of single track, two track and unimproved roads to ride on, lots of sand, and the gas stations are not really that far apart so the 3.17 gal tank is not really a factor. It carries more gas than my DRZ, +, 6 speeds,+ standard rear rack, +, intregraed saddle bag mounts,+, and bigger displacement, big+.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #9
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
I ride an '03 TE610E, it's a very nice bike. I got to uncrate and assemble the '06 at my dealer(they didn't have time to do it and I really wanted to see it). $7199 MSRP. I'm not ready to swap, but it is very nice. It looks even better in person, pure sex on wheels the way only the Italians can do. Lots of improvements, but taller than my '03(all Huskys come from the factory with every bit of preload on the shock). Husky is very well supported, but you have to find a dealer who likes them. The dealer I deal with is 2.5 hours away and does a great job, dealer who is an hour away says parts and bikes aren't avalible when the other dealer is getting parts right to me(I own 3 Italian and 2 Swedish Huskys). The tail rack is great, I have a milk crate bolted to it and haul chainsaw and other sundries doing trail work. I'd go for it.

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #10
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,743
When I lived in the UK, my first bike was a Husky TE410E. Look its not the full on enduro but for a first bike, I thought it was fantastic and loved it - real sexy look.

Since then I have heard that Huskys have got better and here in AUS the support is really good

I think that I am just rambling after a day at work here but looking at the latest huskys look good

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:43 AM   #11
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Foley
I ride an '03 TE610E, it's a very nice bike. I got to uncrate and assemble the '06 at my dealer(they didn't have time to do it and I really wanted to see it). $7199 MSRP. I'm not ready to swap, but it is very nice. It looks even better in person, pure sex on wheels the way only the Italians can do. Lots of improvements, but taller than my '03(all Huskys come from the factory with every bit of preload on the shock). Husky is very well supported, but you have to find a dealer who likes them. The dealer I deal with is 2.5 hours away and does a great job, dealer who is an hour away says parts and bikes aren't avalible when the other dealer is getting parts right to me(I own 3 Italian and 2 Swedish Huskys). The tail rack is great, I have a milk crate bolted to it and haul chainsaw and other sundries doing trail work. I'd go for it.
Did they stop making Huskys in Sweeden in the mid-80s? Now they make them in Italy?

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #12
WR_guy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Norman, where are you in upstate NY?

I live in No Jersey. Who is your husky dealer?

Thanks
WR_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #13
JackpineZuki OP
Adventurer

The MSRP of $7199 is not far of the mark of my around 7 thousand guess, from what I have been reading, looks like the bikes are starting to get to the dealers. Hopefully I won't have to wait 2 months till my closest dealer gets one in. I am pretty sure that after I see it, it will be coming home with me. Then what to do with the DRZ, keep it, sell it, decisions, decisions.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:33 AM   #14
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_guy
Norman, where are you in upstate NY?

I live in No Jersey. Who is your husky dealer?

Thanks
I live in Central Finger Lakes region. I drive about 2 hours to Bottones Jo-Bet Cycles in Bradford, PA. Fran and Harvey are outstanding, worth the drive. Fred's in Syracuse is a joke. I think Town and Country is in North Jersey, check dealer locator at www.husqvarnausa.com

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #15
overlandr
Dystopist

Oddometer: 5,856
... Picture is worth a thousand words... blah blah blah! How about it?
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote