ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
Pirate OP
Captain / Pirates' Lair

Oddometer: 31
R1200GS Backrest Project: Need Help in Asheville, NC

Not sure which area to post this.. I almost went to the vendors forum, but as I'm looking for help locally.. I'll try it here first....

We (Pirates Lair) are in need of some assistance ...

We're at the point in our design phase of our upcoming Stealth Backrest for the new water-cooled R1200GS that we need a few minutes of in-shop time with one of these bikes... Driving back and forth to the nearest dealer is simply kicking my ass.. and probably pissing them off. We're in the Asheville area, BTW..

If there is anyone who has one of the new bikes who can drop by to let us take some measurements, fit the prototype to the bike, etc,... we'd be very grateful. We'd only need to see the bike for maybe 15 minutes tops...We do NOT need to ride the bike. Whoever agrees to help us will get a unit at cost when they are available....

Is there anyone out there in GS land that can help?? if so.. please PM me....
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Pirate OP
Captain / Pirates' Lair

Oddometer: 31
Still looking for some help with our project... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

This is so odd... On every other backrest project over the last 10 years.. we;ve had dozens of people begging to help for no other reason than they'd get a backrest at cost.... With this project.. nothing but crickets... We're honestly baffled...

If anyone can take 15 minutes out of their day.. any day to let us bolt a prototype to your 2014 GS and take measurements.. we will make it worth your while...
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote