ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #166
Vikingtazz
Will ride for food.
 
Vikingtazz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Prescott Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 181
[QUOTE=Animal Instinct;23484494]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddog View Post

Those CRF 250 L's are very seductive. I sat on one over at Eddie Hill's (he is a bad ass) and felt like I had cheated on Red. There are strong rumors that IMS has a nice tank to make it a potential long range beast.
I'm waiting for mine to show up at the local dealership - I sat one at the demo ride day last year and have decided it hits the right chord.
The smaller dealerships are having a hard time getting their hands on one, but my father is the sales manager at the local Honda Powersports shop and he pulled some strings.
__________________
What if there were no more hypothetical questions?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709349
Vikingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #167
bomose
Studly Adventurer
 
bomose's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Hoover,Al
Oddometer: 949
Barb and I were down in BB a few years ago. Loved it. Great hiking, too.I rode with a guy on a WR 250. I was very impressed and have thought about buying one .Great report AI. Gives me some more ideas.
__________________
I prefer a short life with width to a narrow one with length-Avicenna
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810149 Ouray Adv
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800723 Cortez & Moab
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=955211Chasing Dinosaurs
bomose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #168
Animal Instinct OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Animal Instinct's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Texas Panhandle
Oddometer: 321
[QUOTE=Vikingtazz;23494749]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Instinct View Post

I'm waiting for mine to show up at the local dealership - I sat one at the demo ride day last year and have decided it hits the right chord.
The smaller dealerships are having a hard time getting their hands on one, but my father is the sales manager at the local Honda Powersports shop and he pulled some strings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomose View Post
Barb and I were down in BB a few years ago. Loved it. Great hiking, too.I rode with a guy on a WR 250. I was very impressed and have thought about buying one .Great report AI. Gives me some more ideas.
Here's all I can share. I love Red, and after the rebuild, I feel committed to seeing just how far the fine steed will carry me. A month after I purchased Red, my long term plan was to spur that nag until there was nothing left and get another brand new KLR down the road. Well, now they have the 2014 "New Edition," which means that unless I get a 2013 or early 2014 the bikes won't be exactly the same.

On the few occasions LA has allowed me to ride the new (to us) Sherpa, I've been amazed at how smitten I was with the little work horse. Seeing what BigDog has done on his trusty WR kind of drives home the point. The Minimalist Movement is really starting to speak to me.

It's really great to kick ideas around and share one another's dreams and experiences, isn't it?
__________________
Tilting at Windmills http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950811
Animal Instinct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #169
calimusjohn
Gnarly Adventurer
 
calimusjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Sprague River, OR & Salome, AZ
Oddometer: 255
Late Response

Your Ride Report was a highlight during my days trapped in a Motel in west Texas - with Bronchial Pneumonia. Check out Cannonshot's reports on the big Bend area. Outstanding stuff. Judge Roy Bean's place, West of the Pecos, is worth a two hour perusal. The whole area reeks of History.
.
The Super Sherpa is a fine family addition. My TW200 is worth a second look. Great little bike. CalimusJohn
__________________
I'm 73. So What? Lead or Git!
Saddlesore at 73
Someday is Here!
calimusjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #170
Animal Instinct OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Animal Instinct's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Texas Panhandle
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by calimusjohn View Post
Your Ride Report was a highlight during my days trapped in a Motel in west Texas - with Bronchial Pneumonia. Check out Cannonshot's reports on the big Bend area. Outstanding stuff. Judge Roy Bean's place, West of the Pecos, is worth a two hour perusal. The whole area reeks of History.
.
The Super Sherpa is a fine family addition. My TW200 is worth a second look. Great little bike. CalimusJohn
Sorry to leave you unanswered for so long, JohnToo.

I got goosebumps when I saw you and JDowns had a proper meet and greet. Great to see you rolling again.

You can find the next adventure of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza here:

Tilting at Windmills West of the Pecos http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=975792
__________________
Tilting at Windmills http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950811
Animal Instinct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #171
Harti
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 148
Weird windmills... great RR of America's heartland. Love every word of it. Thanx for sharing.

Harti
Harti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #172
Animal Instinct OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Animal Instinct's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Texas Panhandle
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harti View Post
Weird windmills... great RR of America's heartland. Love every word of it. Thanx for sharing.

Harti
Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to read it.

Now, you need to get back on task and finish

Take The Wrong Way Home http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750189

before the World Cup starts and renders you worthless.
__________________
Tilting at Windmills http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950811
Animal Instinct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #173
txplants
Pastafarian
 
txplants's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Oddometer: 250
Bookmarked!

Jewel of a report! I want to make this ride next summer, so I bookmarked it for future reference. Thanks Doc!
txplants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #174
Animal Instinct OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Animal Instinct's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Texas Panhandle
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by txplants View Post
Jewel of a report! I want to make this ride next summer, so I bookmarked it for future reference. Thanks Doc!
txplants, you won't be disappointed. There is just so much out there to see. It all hinges on how much of a hurry you are in -- and then -- was I really in that much of a rush?

Every time I set out on a ride, I am grateful I took a sec to pull over and walk through a small town, or maybe read a historical marker. Then later I regret not taking more time to look at more things, more things that are of significance.

We live in a world that is all about getting there in a hurry. It won't make you popular, but, what we do is try to make a 3 hour drive into a 6 hour one.

Folks don't understand that.

But they should.
__________________
Tilting at Windmills http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950811
Animal Instinct is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014