User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #16
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,313
Is Lance hollyweird now? or was he when he left his wife for her?

My wife is anti-lance b/c of him leaving his wife and kids once he got famous...

I just reply, "Duh!!"
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #17
Green Stainz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,985
bike, babes and a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJohn

My wife is anti-lance b/c of him leaving his wife and kids once he got famous...

I just reply, "Duh!!"

in the book "its not about the bike" by lance himself I believe he wrote that it was she that broke off the marriage. I thought he was the one trying to work it out but she (his ex) did not want him to travel or race that much. Thats the "duh" as she knew he was a professional bike racer when they married and things are not going to change. Some things don't please women. I guess having a husband that makes in excess of $20 million a year and has numerous houses all over the world is really a shitty lifestyle.

2006 pair of mismatched socks
Green Stainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #18
Green Stainz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,985
greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by arroyoshark
The man has endured much (from the perspective of one who is not a world class athelete), as well as has survived more than most of us care to deal with, to achieve greatness in his chosen field and I, for one, have to recognize and tip my hat to him. What he does now with his personal life is his own business. His golden moments may fade with passage of time...who remembers much of Greg LaMonde or Bernard Hinault or recall what they are doing today?

Just hope the tingling and numbness goes away in the groin area, so he can enjoy his time with S. Crow.
Lance is cool. But Greg LeMonde can go fuck himself. He betrayed Lance as a professional bike rider and Greg thinks he is (was) best cyclist in the world because of the hunting accident he endured. He can go blow goats. I have a Lemonde bicycle and I have duct tape over Lemonde's name on my frame. Here ya go Lemonde.

2006 pair of mismatched socks
Green Stainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #19
Troutldy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJohn

I just reply, "Duh!!"

It has been said about a million times, HE DID NOT LEAVE HIS WIFE FOR SHERYL CROW..........they were having problems long before he met her.....read his book.........and his wife met him AFTER he had cancer........she didn't nurse him back to health.........google it.

He is the most tested man in sports,period.........and he has won the tour SEVEN times, just sour grapes on the part of the French.

I don't think he was doping this year, or last, or the year before that....people hate success, plain and simple jealousy. And given the REMOTE possibility that he was, which I do not believe for a minute, you can bet everyone else was, so it was a LEVEL playing field, :O) .

When he was just starting out in cycling, they did tests on him and said he had superior, amazing physical abilities...........long before doping was a possibility.

So 205, really.
Troutldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #20
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,246
Regardless of my personal opinions of LA...

I rode and ran (cross country) with him in high school my junior year (he was a senior). He was a superior athlete then as he appears to have been throughout his career. If memory serves me correct, when we were testing thresholds at the Cooper Center it was determined then that his aerobic capacity was superior to us mere mortals. I have a hard time believing doping charges in regards to him given my personal knowledge of him.

All this said, why is everyone so quick to jump the guy over his marriage? He seems to have changed much over the years (as many of us likely have), made some mistakes, and tried to recover. Good for him if he can get his personal life on track and be a good parent to his kids.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #21
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Lance might be coming back to prove the French bastards wrong...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #22
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,453
Armstrong/Crow.

An economic force to be reckoned with.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #23
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutldy
It has been said about a million times, HE DID NOT LEAVE HIS WIFE FOR SHERYL CROW..........they were having problems long before he met her.....read his book.........and his wife met him AFTER he had cancer........she didn't nurse him back to health.........google it.

He is the most tested man in sports,period.........and he has won the tour SEVEN times, just sour grapes on the part of the French.

I don't think he was doping this year, or last, or the year before that....people hate success, plain and simple jealousy. And given the REMOTE possibility that he was, which I do not believe for a minute, you can bet everyone else was, so it was a LEVEL playing field, :O) .

When he was just starting out in cycling, they did tests on him and said he had superior, amazing physical abilities...........long before doping was a possibility.

So 205, really.
OK OK... I'll relay the message... jeez... Please tell me you don't sleep in a yellow shirt too?

RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #24
gambrinus
http://www.shrinershq.org

Oddometer: 6,477
One Nut

Crow is not a bad looking girl, but Lance's Ex-Wife is SMOKIN' HOT!! I think he traded down in a big way. To each their own though...

RW
Old 05-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #25
OhBoy
Got Out

Oddometer: 995
Lance Armstrong

Thought I'd wake this dusty old thread up, in light of recent events.

So did he do it? Er, of course.
Should he go to jail? Marion Jones had to do time.
Who are we kidding, everyone knows what is going on in pro cycling.
Of course, athletes in every sport push the limits.
So, do we send the BIG message and toss the guy in jail for lying to USPS.
Would the money for the prosecution be better spent on testing?
Armstrong isn't saying he never took illegal substances.
He is saying he never tested positive.
He aint lying.
Er, unless you happen to think that donating thousands of dollars to the testing agency might alter the test results.
When the feds call his ex team mates to testify under oath they risk their life savings and easy retirement if they lie. So the truth is out.
What threats or promises will allow LA to come clean without making his life another case of "lets take down another hero".
Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #26
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoy View Post
Thought I'd wake this dusty old thread up, in light of recent events.

So did he do it? This is still America - show proof or shut up. France tried real hard, and spent a ton of effort and money in the process - to pin drug/doping issues on Armstrong, and they failed miserably. And it's THEIR race!

Should he go to jail? Charge him with a crime, then prove he did it.
Amended.

Honestly, I got it that others have said he did it - but really, death by innuendo should not be tolerated, even for celebrities and notables.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #27
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,730
the most tested athelete in history? screw the frogs, they're behind the the whole issue in the first place...
dogjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #28
cornercarver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 18,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
Amended.

Honestly, I got it that others have said he did it - but really, death by innuendo should not be tolerated, even for celebrities and notables.
Particularly when the others in question are in the midst of marketing a book. I don't really have an opinion on the matter one way or the other, but it sure seems like it'd be fucking difficult to test clean for so many years when undergoing the kind of testing scrutiny that Lance was subject to during those years. Yes, the whole field was doping, but the whole field also got caught doping. Lance did not and he was tested more frequently than everyone else, to boot.
cornercarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #29
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,414
Witch hunt.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #30
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,940
Its a shame, that no matter what happens, he is getting run through the ringer. If he did dope and admits it, one of my all-time heros will fall.... (I am from Austin and have been watching him for many years)

It is true that France went all out with an investigation and came up empty, but now there are team members spilling guts, this may just escalate to an ugly situation.

I wish him the best and hope he was clean...I personally am all for doping. Let them all dope and be the absolute best that they can ever be (with cross-eyes and shrunken cocks), but don't enter events that ban it, and I assume that he had to sign he did not dope as well, and then dope. That is wrong, and if he did indeed dope, gets caught and/or admits it, then he gets what he gets

Wattner screwed with this post 05-23-2011 at 04:14 PM
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: