Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #46
Bokononist

Oddometer: 17,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadTroll View Post
Ok...so still just that guys "claim" and no proof. Got it.
What part of "if you say so" do you not understand?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #47
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,445
I watched 60 Minutes, and all I can say is Hamilton looked very credible to me, and everything he said was very similar to the accounts Floyd Landis gave. I really hope it's not true, but it doesn't look good at this point. In any case Lance will always be a hero in my eyes based on all the good his foundation has done, and a professional cycling culture that fostered doping won't change that.
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #48
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman View Post
I watched 60 Minutes, and all I can say is Hamilton looked very credible to me, and everything he said was very similar to the accounts Floyd Landis gave. I really hope it's not true, but it doesn't look good at this point. In any case Lance will always be a hero in my eyes based on all the good his foundation has done, and a professional cycling culture that fostered doping won't change that.
Tyler Hamilton ,like Lanis has lied about everything so many times I don't find either one very crediible. Tyler is trying get a book published,and I think this latest stir is to that end.

Lance is the greatest tour rider ever 7 wins no is even close. If he doped it would not surprise me. The sport was so dirty then, probably most everyone was doping. Like basball the fans like to see them blast it out of the park. Watching Lance blast up L Alp Huez in record time was cool.
So weather he did or didn't it was a great show.
Unknown Marine Recon Instructor
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #49
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
I don't see how anyone who was tested as much as Lance could have been doping and no gotten caught.
many of those caught doping tested clean for years, so this, by itself, is weak.

i want to believe armstrong wasn't doping, but i also wanted to believe landis was not cheating....
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #50
Mr.Goose
Velvet Steamroller

Oddometer: 1,230
cyclists get paid a whole lot more than they used to, money/sponsors brings the pressure to perform obviously. so baseball players start using steroids to prevent injury, recover, and smash homers, etc. the problem I have with it is all the kids who look up to these people blindly not knowing the truth, so they need to know the truth. Marion Jones is a perfect example.

doping goes 100% against the spirit of athletics, I'm not gonna stop watching the tour, or baseball, but I think it's important that the record is set straight so the next generation of kids doesn't grow up thinking that these people are gods.
Mr.Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #51
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Goose View Post
cyclists get paid a whole lot more than they used to, money/sponsors brings the pressure to perform obviously. so baseball players start using steroids to prevent injury, recover, and smash homers, etc. the problem I have with it is all the kids who look up to these people blindly not knowing the truth, so they need to know the truth. Marion Jones is a perfect example.

doping goes 100% against the spirit of athletics, I'm not gonna stop watching the tour, or baseball, but I think it's important that the record is set straight so the next generation of kids doesn't grow up thinking that these people are gods.

+1 on the role models that in it self is great reson to try control the cheating. But like you stated Money/Business/sponsers brings much pressure to perform well.
Unknown Marine Recon Instructor
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #52
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,062
I'm old enough to remember what 60 Minutes did to Audi's reputation in the USA. Anybody else recall the "unintended acceleration" debacle which turned out to be a crock? I also can say I've taken part in hundreds of amateur sports competitions (including cycling) as a drug free teen and adult without repercussions, except for some crashes. The pro peloton is mired in this shit and they can live with shrunken testes and side effects as far as I'm concerned. The real cyclists are the amateurs who race on the club level without benefit of performance enhancing drugs. Fuck the pros and their masking schemes.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #53
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,567
None of the haters have a shred of proof.
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com LoPL Twisty Weekend
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #54
SoKal
Rider

Oddometer: 185
[QUOTE=fullmonte;15992792]I'm old enough to remember what 60 Minutes did to Audi's reputation in the USA. Anybody else recall the "unintended acceleration" debacle which turned out to be a crock? QUOTE]

Yes me too.
When you lack prof just give the BS you do have to the media and let them run with it. It's much more fun that way.

On a side note George H is the one that has not been banded from the sport and made to talk with the grand jury about this. Not sure what he had to say.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #55
Bokononist

Oddometer: 17,001
[QUOTE=SoKal;16001107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
I'm old enough to remember what 60 Minutes did to Audi's reputation in the USA. Anybody else recall the "unintended acceleration" debacle which turned out to be a crock? QUOTE]

Yes me too.
When you lack prof just give the BS you do have to the media and let them run with it. It's much more fun that way.

On a side note George H is the one that has not been banded from the sport and made to talk with the grand jury about this. Not sure what he had to say.
So you guys remember that one story that 60 minutes got wrong? What about the thousands they got right.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #56
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,373
[QUOTE=42;16001331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKal View Post

So you guys remember that one story that 60 minutes got wrong? What about the thousands they got right.
Didn't they screw up the saddle gas tank Chevy truck story as well? Nope that was dateline.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #57
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,979
Meanwhile Livestrong has raised zillions of dollars for cancer research, the economy is still in the tank and not a whole lot of people anymore really give a rat's ass if Lance did or did not dope except maybe Floyd and Tyler Pinocchio.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:52 AM   #58
68deluxe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,346
I have believed for years that Lance was doping. When he first started winning the tour there was talk that he was hiding the doping behind the cancer drugs he was taking. If I remember right he tested positive or suspicious but they dismissed the test because of the prescription stuff was believed to throw off the tests. Dumping his wife for Sheryl Crow brought up his true colors to me.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #59
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,761
US prosecutors close criminal probe of Lance Armstrong with no charges.

United States federal prosecutors say they are closing a criminal investigation of Lance Armstrong, the seven-times Tour de France winner, and will not charge him over allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs.

The US attorney Andre Birotte Jr said the case had been closed but did not give the reason. Investigators looked at whether a doping programme was created to keep Armstrong and his team-mates running at the head of the pack while, at least part of the time, they received government sponsorship from the US Postal Service.

Armstrong's attorney Mark Fabiani welcomed the decision in a statement. "This is great news," he said. "Lance is pleased that the United States attorney made the right decision, and he is more determined than ever to devote his time and energy to Livestrong and to the causes that have defined his career."

However the US Anti Doping Agency CEO Travis T Tygart has said that the matter is not over. "Unlike the US Attorney, Usada's job is to protect clean sport rather than enforce specific criminal laws," he indicated in a statement. "Our investigation into doping in the sport of cycling is continuing and we look forward to obtaining the information developed during the federal investigation."

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,897
Well, well. Lookee who's back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: