ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #31
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,441

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #32
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Oddometer: 3,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
+1 also
Old 03-31-2014, 02:18 PM   #33
pnoman
Just Average

Oddometer: 2,006
Sorry to keep you in suspense - I REALLY do not like keeping secrets. But Rella asked me not to pass it on for fear of someone else locally applying for the job. I will certainly let you know the minute she gives me the OK.

Thanks for your understanding.
My Website - Europe, Alaska, US Bike Rides
www.RidingWV.com
pnoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #34
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,054
Someone else local?

There are only about 15 people that live in the entire valley
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #35
pnoman
Just Average

Yes, Virginia (and WV), there is a God.

Rella is re-opening!

I got a call from Rella this afternoon, and it sounds like she is going to move back into her former diner/trailer and start cooking around July 15th. The lady that is currently running a diner there is apparently, ummm... "taste challenged" and business has been slow.

Order of Business #1 - The current lessee will finish her contract on July 13th. Rella wants to try to get the place cleaned up and things put back where they were ASAP so she can get back to cooking. PROPOSAL: As we get closer to the date and find out when the diner will be vacant, it would be nice to have a "fix-up party", with volunteers bringing cleaning supplies and/or tools & paint to get the place looking nice. Maybe even a 2-day shindig. Thoughts???

Order of Business #2 - Rella had an offer to cook at an establishment not too far from her home (and have a steady income), but chose to re-open Rella's Diner. This is quite a gamble for her financially. As a group, we should make it a point of stopping by and giving her a reason ($$$) to keep cooking. She's old enough to sit home and wait for her Social Security check each month, but wants to stay active and loves cooking for all of us. She always tells me about how much she loves it when one of the ADV riders stops by.

I will try to keep you posted. In the meantime, I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'm going to allow Delane (wvdirtbiker) to continue planning Rella-Vous III but probably with a clean-up project added on. Thoughts???

Delane - I will PM you Rella's phone # if you want so you guys can plan.

Thanks!

www.RidingWV.com
Old 04-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #36
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Count me in for a clean up, painting party and definitely in for some pie!!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #37
Stedlo
Out and About

Oddometer: 189
Sounds awesome! Count me in.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #38
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,054
In!
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #39
DuckWV
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Little early for me to be able to commit from work, but I will plan on being there. Keep us updated.

DuckWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #40
pnoman
Just Average

Update

UPDATE - 23 APRIL

Rella called me a couple of days ago. She is taking back possession of the diner on June 21st and hoping to reopen Rellas on July 1st. The current renter has apparently trashed the place and it will need lots of fixing/cleaning. She said the renter is supposed to fix a lot of the stuff, so it might be best to see about getting a crew in the last weekend 28-29 June for some last-minute fixin' up.

I may be able to come down Saturday the 28th, but I have to be organist/pianist at church Sunday.

Delane (WVdirtbiker) has asked me to head this one up as his schedule is pretty full at this time. I've not even been out of town on my bike since I brought it to Morgantown in December, but I will see what I can do. If anyone else out there would like to head this project up, I will graciously pass the torch. Main thing is that Rella gets the help she deserves.

Any thoughts?

www.RidingWV.com

pnoman screwed with this post 04-23-2014 at 06:06 PM
Old 04-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #41
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 3,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoman View Post
UPDATE - 23 APRIL

Rella called me a couple of days ago. She is taking back possession of the diner on June 21st and hoping to reopen Rellas on July 1st. The current renter has apparently trashed the place and it will need lots of fixing/cleaning. She said the renter is supposed to fix a lot of the stuff, so it might be best to see about getting a crew in the last weekend 28-29 June for fixin' up.

I may be able to come down Saturday the 28th, but I have to be organist/pianist at church Sunday.

Delane (WVdirtbiker) has asked me to head this one up as his schedule is pretty full at this time. I've not even been out of town on my bike since I brought it to Morgantown in December, but I will see what I can do. If anyone else out there would like to head this project up, I will graciously pass the torch. Main thing is that Rella gets the help she deserves.

Any thoughts?

I'd like to help but that is BYOB weekend.

Whether I'm 12 or whether I'm 64, spend my time like there ain't gonna be no more. (MONTROSE...MAKE IT LAST)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #42
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
I'll keep an eye on this thread. I can't commit as I'm closing in on graduation and getting a job so I don't know where I'll be at as far as work/days off until things are more firmed up.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #43
pnoman
Just Average

AND YET ANOTHER CHANGE:

RELLA'S DINER OPENING MONDAY - APRIL 28!!!

Rella just called me this morning - she is kicking the renter out because the place is a total mess - dirty dishes from a week ago piled up, etc etc. The renter is cleaning and moving out TODAY (Friday April 25) .

Rella is going to town Saturday April 26 to get supplies (cleaning and food), and will be tackling the job of getting the place ready to open Monday morning. She is going to need help!

Unfortunately, I have to work Saturday at the dealer doing website work all day (switching to new company May1) and have to do organ/piano for church Sunday. That shoots my chances of helping.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP RELLA OUT SUNDAY APRIL 27, SHE COULD SURE USE HELP - Scrubbing floors & tables, cleaning the kitchen, pots&pans, etc.

Please chime in if you can help so I can give her a call and let her know if the cavalry is on its way.

Thanks
www.RidingWV.com
Old 04-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #44
Wingfixer
Watch this...

That's great she's opening early! I won't be home from work until Sunday night but I'll be out that way Tuesday. I might have to swing in and have me some Rella Pie!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #45
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 3,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoman View Post
AND YET ANOTHER CHANGE:

RELLA'S DINER OPENING MONDAY - APRIL 28!!!

Rella just called me this morning - she is kicking the renter out because the place is a total mess - dirty dishes from a week ago piled up, etc etc. The renter is cleaning and moving out TODAY (Friday April 25) .

Rella is going to town Saturday April 26 to get supplies (cleaning and food), and will be tackling the job of getting the place ready to open Monday morning. She is going to need help!

Unfortunately, I have to work Saturday at the dealer doing website work all day (switching to new company May1) and have to do organ/piano for church Sunday. That shoots my chances of helping.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP RELLA OUT SUNDAY APRIL 27, SHE COULD SURE USE HELP - Scrubbing floors & tables, cleaning the kitchen, pots&pans, etc.

Please chime in if you can help so I can give her a call and let her know if the cavalry is on its way.

Thanks
About 100 volunters camping at LAUREL FORKS this weekend. Me, I'm working

Whether I'm 12 or whether I'm 64, spend my time like there ain't gonna be no more. (MONTROSE...MAKE IT LAST)

eddie bolted screwed with this post 04-25-2014 at 04:24 PM
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote