ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
New2Moto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Looking for a rider to show a new dual sporter the ropes

Hey all!

I purchased my first bike a few weeks a ago, a 2014 crf250L. I live in Hilton Head SC and have been exploring the area a little bit but haven't been able to find too many off-roading opportunities (although I know they are out there).

I was wondering if there are any other dual sport riders in the area who would like to go ride together and give me some tips

I would especially be interested in finding some off road trails to ride on

Thanks!
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
32x20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I'm a couple hours away but I can get you to the OHV trails up here (Wambaw) if/when you're interested. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of trails in HHI...I used to live in Savannah and could point you to some dirt road areas but that's about it. You might check the TET-S and HO-CAT gps tracks (search the gps tracks area for the threads) and you may find some dirt road stuff worth riding to.
32x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
New2Moto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32x20 View Post
I'm a couple hours away but I can get you to the OHV trails up here (Wambaw) if/when you're interested. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of trails in HHI...I used to live in Savannah and could point you to some dirt road areas but that's about it. You might check the TET-S and HO-CAT gps tracks (search the gps tracks area for the threads) and you may find some dirt road stuff worth riding to.
Thanks! Ya def nothing on hilton head other than a few dirt roads and power line trails

Between bluffton and savannah there are some woodsy type areas. I would love some leads over there, thats only 45 minutes away :)
Old 02-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
BaldKnob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Wambaw is a fun 40 miles with lots of loose, sandy trails. I would try to go after a good rain so the sand packs in toight. The state will shut down sections for hunting or repair so call the update line at (803) 561-4025.

A little further north and west is Battery Park. They have MX tracks and many miles of trails. Very fun. Only open on the w/e. Have fun with your new machine!
BaldKnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
New2Moto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks now lets ride!

Thanks for the tips y'all. I almost have all my gear and now that the weather is warming up I would like to go on a ride with a fellow advrider or a few.

Anyone who would be interested in giving a newb a little tour of their off road spread and live within an hour or so of Savannah/Hilton Head or Beaufort in the coming weeks let me know!

Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
The Dude Himself
Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Moto View Post
Thanks for the tips y'all. I almost have all my gear and now that the weather is warming up I would like to go on a ride with a fellow advrider or a few.

Anyone who would be interested in giving a newb a little tour of their off road spread and live within an hour or so of Savannah/Hilton Head or Beaufort in the coming weeks let me know!

Come on up. Looking to get some riding in once it cools off, and there's plenty to ride between Hilton Head and Charleston.
The Dude Himself is offline   Reply With Quote