Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #16
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher

Oddometer: 4,514
When I first read your post I thought this guy must be in his 20s or early 30s.
Your profile says 30.

Riding a motorcycle can be safe if you don't do dumb things. I try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights near bars. Drunks don't care if they hit and kill a motorcyclist. Riding in Atlanta in a snow storm is bad head work. You may be an ace on snow and ice but the soccer mom who hasn't considered the effects of snow on the roads in Atlanta may be flying over a hill texting her best friend sipping on her Starbucks when she sees you stalled on the road. She hits the brakes, nothing happens, and she runs you over at full speed. Boom its over.
Guys have died stopped dropping their bike.

You should get wiser with age.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #17
DougFromKentucky
Just a good 'ole boy

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteraug02 View Post
when i first read your post i thought this guy must be in his 20s or early 30s.
Your profile says 30.

Riding a motorcycle can be safe if you don't do dumb things. I try to avoid friday and saturday nights near bars. Drunks don't care if they hit and kill a motorcyclist. Riding in atlanta in a snow storm is bad head work. You may be an ace on snow and ice but the soccer mom who hasn't considered the effects of snow on the roads in atlanta may be flying over a hill texting her best friend sipping on her starbucks when she sees you stalled on the road. She hits the brakes, nothing happens, and she runs you over at full speed. Boom its over.
Guys have died stopped dropping their bike.

You should get wiser with age.
+1

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #18
Swashbuckler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
I ride my bicycle year around and understand know how much fun being on 2 wheels is. When you go down from ice it just happens - there's no losing control and attempting to correct the fall - both wheels just come out from under you in the blink of an eye and you just fall haha. I would never attempt it on a motorcycle for any reason. I'm just glad you used common sense and got away only a little fall.

Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2004 CRF450R - Supermoto / 2007 GSXR 750 / 1991 Yamaha XJ600 Secca II
Swashbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote