Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Project Pakistan 2014 - Come ride Pakistan with me!!

EDIT: The Chosen Ones
Tour 1 - 23rd May to 7th June
1. rebekahlynn (confirmed)
2. UDRider (Confirmed)
3. Motorcycle RN (confirmed)
4. Motorcycle RN (2) (confirmed)
5. dtrav748 (confirmed)
6. 9integra2 (confirmed)
7. JimE (confirmed)
8. rzypvs (confirmed)
9. edscholl (confirmed)

1 SPOT REMAINING IN TOUR 1

Tour 2 - 31st July to 14th August

1. Reli
2. ?authority
3. Lunch Box
4. perforin
5. Momo-san

5 SPOTS REMAINING IN TOUR 2

Project Pakistan 2014

Hey ADV'ers, hope everyone’s doing great on here. Those of you who were following "Project Pakistan 2013" probably recognized that it was a great opportunity to eliminate some of the misconceptions most have about the east. The project was not solely focused on Pakistan though, or even motorcycles as a matter of fact. It was mostly about adventure, getting out of the safety cocoon of familiarity of a 9 to 5 lifestyle and braving a land that you’ve seen portrayed as a warzone.

I have become such a travel junkie and wanted to create more occasions for you guys to cut yourself loose and come explore the hidden beauty of Pakistan’s many cultures and have a life-changing experience (without breaking the bank and me as the best tour-guide you’ll ever have). So, 2014 is just around the corner and since ProjectPakistan 2013 was incredibly successful, I’d like to host You guys again in Pakistan this year. I was lucky to have so many local companies generously sponsoring our last trip, and have been trying hard to secure more sponsors for 2 tours in 2014. After a lot of running around, I’ve been able to cut costs to the bare minimum for these two trips. Motorcycle rentals are the most expensive thing on this trip. I’ve sent out proposals to Honda Pakistan, Suzuki Pakistan, and Kawasaki Pakistan and crossing my fingers for a positive response. Unfortunately, my contacts at the companies are saying that the market has been struggling and chances of landing a sponsorship is pretty grim. There’s still a chance though, so lets hope for the best!

I’ll be hosting two tours in 2014:

- Tour 1: 23rd MAY - 7th JUNE
- Tour 2: 31st JULY - 14th AUGUST

Itineraries:

Tour 1

Note: A big chunk of the roads are unpaved, however, prior off-road riding experience is not essential. You will be camping just for 1 night on the Shandur Polo Field, the rest of the nights will be spent in hotels or Rest Houses.

I want to start this first tour at the end of May considering it’s the best time to explore the northwestern side of Pakistan. The tour starts from Islamabad, and then we’ll be en route towards Mardan, up to Chitral/Kalaash (the lost tribe), on towards Shandur (the highest polo field in the world), head to Gilgit, and finally arrive to my favorite area of Hunza-Karimabad. We'll be resting here, spending some time visiting their magnificent bazaar, and getting lost in this awe-inspiring peaceful hidden paradise. After Hunza Valley, we’ll go further north, cross the Atabaad lake on a ferry, and ride the highest international road in the world to The Khunjerab Pass.

Tour 2

Note: A big chunk of the roads are unpaved, however, prior off-road riding experience is not essential. You will be camping just for 1 night at Deosai Plains National Park, the rest of the nights will be spent in hotels or Rest Houses.

I want to start the second tour at the end of July considering it’s the best time to explore the northeast side of Pakistan. The tour starts from Islamabad, with us heading up the famous KaraKorum Highway to Chillas, from there, we’ll ride towards the Deosai Plains (second highest plains in the world), then to Skardu where we’ll explore the gorgeous Skardu desert, and finally we’ll ride to Gilgit and Hunza-Karimabad. We'll be resting here, spending some time visiting their magnificent bazaar, exploring the 800+ year-old forts, and getting lost in this awe-inspiring peaceful hidden paradise. After Hunza Valley, we’ll go further north, cross the Atabaad lake on a ferry, and ride the highest international road in the world to The Khunjerab Pass.

Both the tours will last for 2 weeks. If you wanted to spend a few extra days here, we’ll definitely be able to work some things out.

I’ve calculated the costs to be roughly $1000 per week

This will include:
- Motorcycle rental
- Fuel for the entire journey
- Motorcycle maintenance during the journey (oil changes/filters/fluids/plugs etc)
- Support vehicle (you won't have to carry luggage on the bike with you)
- Hotels
- Camping equipment
- All toll and ferry charges
- 3 meals a day (breakfast-lunch-dinner) a lot of tea as well
- 2 helpers who will help you with everything from riding your motorcycle when you're tired to giving you a massage on top of the Himalayas
- Any transportation/extra fee in case of landslide

Not included:
- Your airfare
- Visa fees
- Insurance costs
- Any other expenses you make (shopping, beer, wine, hookers, male strippers etc)
- Burning down your motorcycle when you're cold and you can't find wood

This is going to be a first-come, first-served basis. There are 10 spots open for each tour, and I’ll keep a waiting list, too, in case some drops out.

I posted some pictures of Project Pakistan 2013 on a couple of other moto forums and received a slew of emails from the members asking about a 2014 tour. I’ll favor Barfers first, of course, so sign up soon. I’ve been getting good vibes here, so lets make it happen!

i thought ill put some pictures for those who are not familiar with 'BARFistan 2013'

Deosai Plains the second highest plains in the world

Last bridge before the second highest Mountain in the world K2

twists much?

wait!! it gets better

and better

seems like the edge of the world! Lowari Pass

Riding in Pakistan is not like your sunday ride to Starbucks

you won't only be riding along the mountains, you'll be riding under them at times

Wooaahh!!

Shandur's entrance!!!

into the wild sorta.

gorgeous eh?

imagine being there!!

we spent a couple hours by the fire

A night here is to be experienced at least once.

This picture does not do justice to the amount of stars and beauty Shandur has at night.

khan46 screwed with this post 02-02-2014 at 12:43 AM
khan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #2
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We'll cross the blue lake on ferries on both the tours

We have to be carefully, the bearded guy is on the hunt for us bikers..

If you're lucky enough you just might end up on a billboard in Pakistan, now how cool is that :P
Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
protokultur
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Trust me - this is one ride you don't want to miss!
protokultur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
(I^2)R/746
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
I'm going. I met with folks that went last year. This is a no brainer. If you can go: do it. There will not be spots left for very long. I won't take the time to relay everything I talked to last years people about. Let me sum it up: most of the preconceptions the folks that went had were wrong. They would all do it again if they could. Most of them plan to return after scratching some other trips on the planet off their list.
(I^2)R/746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:10 AM   #5
Northstar Beemer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Thumb Dude -

This is awesome - but 2014 is my return to Alaska year - will you be offiering this again in 2015? If so count me in!

Bryan
Northstar Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #6
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar Beemer View Post
This is awesome - but 2014 is my return to Alaska year - will you be offiering this again in 2015? If so count me in!

Bryan
Hopefully 2015 will see a few more tours added in the bag.. you can follow me on www.facebook.com/ADAmoin or www.RideTheKKH.com

Thanks
Old 02-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
yokesman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 465
did you try hero in India,they are expanding their market?

www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/

we are e few years away from going to that area but very interested in the region.
yokesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokesman View Post
did you try hero in India,they are expanding their market?

www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/

we are e few years away from going to that area but very interested in the region.
well id love to have you here, on the Karakorum Highway

let me know wherever you're ready
Old 02-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
spaceman_spiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
How do I get a job with you guys?
spaceman_spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:34 AM   #10
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer