ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #211
iamzen
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzen View Post
Thanks for the tire info guys. I may just leave the Mefos on then. Heading over to Stewart county tomorrow to check out a 280 acre tract that a buddy owns that's he says has trails though it. Im riding the KLR to check it out. Hopefully there will be plenty od DS and single/DBL track type riding available. Anyone want to join me? Meet somewhere close to Dover or my side of the bridge Paris landing. Let me know. Will pull out around 10am from where ever.

Wallachian Spikes, you up for it?
Anyone is welcome to join. I will head North from Paris TN on Hwy 79, cross the TN river and right on Old Hwy 79 aka Old Paris Landing Road. The property is off of River Trace rd if some one wants to map it. Depending on the time spent there, I will ride on to Houston County and then to Humphrey's County and pop out in Waverly TN. Stop for lunch somewhere. I have been told that one can ride from Hwy 79 all the way to Hurricane Creek off road. I will see if it is possible. If anyone knows of this please let me know before I go looking foe that thing that everyone else already knows about.

Peace
iamzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #212
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
Dang
Old 04-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #213
OzarkDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejman View Post
The wee beastie has K761's. So far they've been fine in everything but serious mud.

Anyone bringing firewood? I've some but can't bring it.
I'll have some wood. Have a van and lots of room. Coming down on Thursday. Live about 40 miles n of Paducah, so I'm close.
OzarkDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #214
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarkDave View Post
I'll have some wood. Have a van and lots of room. Coming down on Thursday. Live about 40 miles n of Paducah, so I'm close.
A van and wood...be careful!
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #215
Kev95GS
goob

Oddometer: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
A van and wood...be careful!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #216
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 5,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Dang
Luvumeanit.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #217
OzarkDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Anybody want to part with a adv sticker? Bring it along. I have a extra helmet that someone can take back with them.

OzarkDave screwed with this post 04-27-2014 at 07:04 AM
OzarkDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #218
yepimabiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Kinda curious i live in Paris and its been 15 yrs or so since iv been to LBL or Turkey Bay . What does it cost to get into Turkey Bay ? Also is anybody coming thru paris on saturday ?
yepimabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #219
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarkDave View Post
Anybody want to part with a adv sticker? Bring it along. I have a extra helmet that someone can take back with them.
I do not have a plain ADV stoicker, but I DO have an ADV sticker from the BYOB rally a few years back. If I can remember, I'll bring one and you can decide if you want it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yepimabiker View Post
Kinda curious i live in Paris and its been 15 yrs or so since iv been to LBL or Turkey Bay . What does it cost to get into Turkey Bay ? Also is anybody coming thru paris on saturday ?
$20 for a three day pass. I'm coming from the other direction. I plan on spending one day at Turkey Bay bein's I got a season pass the other day!
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #220
yepimabiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Thanks for the info . Im gonna ride over there and get a three day pass then . Too bad im only gonna be able to use it for saturday . But thats ok . What time is good to show up ? I wanted to go last yr but i was on the boat so im kinda" lost as last yrs easter egg" on this ! So any info is greatly appreciated .
yepimabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #221
iamzen
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Turkey Bay

Quote:
Thanks for the info . Im gonna ride over there and get a three day pass then . Too bad im only gonna be able to use it for saturday . But thats ok . What time is good to show up ? I wanted to go last yr but i was on the boat so im kinda" lost as last yrs easter egg" on this ! So any info is greatly appreciated .
Hey Yepimabiker- I live in Paris too and will be heading over either Thursday night or Friday morning. I will be riding in on the klr and leaving the dirt bike home this trip so may not hit Turkey bay. I plan to ride with the group where ever they go. My first time also and am looking fwd to it.
iamzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #222
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 1,979
Quote:
It's sort of free form, but if you want to meet up with the group that is going to Turkey Bay before they leave camp, you could roll into Energy Lake around 8ish and certainly catch them.

I'll have some more important information up later this weekend, just awaiting clarification.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #223
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzen View Post
Thanks for the tire info guys. I may just leave the Mefos on then. Heading over to Stewart county tomorrow to check out a 280 acre tract that a buddy owns that's he says has trails though it. Im riding the KLR to check it out. Hopefully there will be plenty od DS and single/DBL track type riding available. Anyone want to join me? Meet somewhere close to Dover or my side of the bridge Paris landing. Let me know. Will pull out around 10am from where ever.

Wallachian Spikes, you up for it?
Sorry I didn't respond to your phone call. It does sound like a great time but, I've been forced to waste my time on boring "grown up stuff". I still haven't changed my bent handlebars on the KLR or the chain & sprokets on the KTM yet. Haven't got a rideable bike at the moment but, I'll be ready by this weekend for sure.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #224
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
LBL has a good overview map here: http://www.lbl.org/VCMaps.html
Lots of info can be printed two-sided 11x17 :)
Old 04-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #225
monzaman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Thinking I might get to ride in late Friday afternoon. I'm gonna be on a v-strom on Anakees so mainly paved and gravel for me. Is anybody doing a loop like this Saturday or Sunday morning? Just wondering if you guys have rides planned out or is it a do your own thing kinda deal?