ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #421
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwilliams View Post
Hey I'm not far from LBL if you want to ride.
Hey Ben, lost your number or I'd have called by now. I'm always looking for an excuse to ride as well. Anyone can drop me a line for LBL gravel or Turkey Bay action. KLR 650 & 450 EXC combo make me UNSTOPABLE! AH HA HA HA HA! (Maniacal laugh)

I too feel that another ADV@LBL would be cool but, JUL might be too hot & the skeeters are carrying "Chicken Ganja". Sep. or Oct. might be nicer but, I'll still be there if you guys do it in July. Skeeters usually die after they bite me anyway.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #422
tony99
n00b

Oddometer: 5
LBL ride

Up for a ride most anytime in July and after oldest son getting married last of june
tony99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #423
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
Friday: Took the opossum for a spin.

Saturday: Got in 112 miles of nice twisties through 4 counties. The trip included a ferry ride & 2 easy to moderate hill climbs plus a sprinkle of muddy (fun mud not "Oh Fack it's mud & I'm on a KLR" mud) trail. Didn't bring the Gopro cuz I thought it would be a "boring street" ride.
The dog is like "This is MY world, motherfucker!"
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #424
yepimabiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Finally off the boat and ready to ride ! I see y'all might be throwing some dates around I'm good for anything but the 4th I think LOL ... Looking forward to whenever !
yepimabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:56 AM   #425
bcwilliams
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Hey Ben, lost your number or I'd have called by now. I'm always looking for an excuse to ride as well. Anyone can drop me a line for LBL gravel or Turkey Bay action. KLR 650 & 450 EXC combo make me UNSTOPABLE! AH HA HA HA HA! (Maniacal laugh)

I too feel that another ADV@LBL would be cool but, JUL might be too hot & the skeeters are carrying "Chicken Ganja". Sep. or Oct. might be nicer but, I'll still be there if you guys do it in July. Skeeters usually die after they bite me anyway.
Hey Barry I called you last night and left a message.
bcwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #426
bcwilliams
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yepimabiker View Post
Finally off the boat and ready to ride ! I see y'all might be throwing some dates around I'm good for anything but the 4th I think LOL ... Looking forward to whenever !
I don't get home till the 26th and I'm booked up till the 5th. After that I'm free to ride.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:20 AM   #427
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Barry I called you last night and left a message.
Got it. I'll call on the 27th. & we'll make sure we get some very important dirt bike riding done before you head back out on the river.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #428
bcwilliams
Adventurer

Laugh

Quote:
Got it. I'll call on the 27th. & we'll make sure we get some very important dirt bike riding done before you head back out on the river.
Sounds like a great plan to me.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #429
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
You have a firm grasp on the things that really do matter.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #430
bcwilliams
Adventurer

Packing

Hey guys , I have since our great ride repacked my muffer. Instead of going with fiber glass for the thousand time. I tried some home made steel packing. I went & bought a off brand of chore boy. I opened up the middle like a donut & slid them down over the tube. Pretty much just stacking them. It's not as quiet as the fiber glass but it is close. Best part is after 4 weeks of hard riding , it still sounds the same. With the fiber glass , by now it would've been getting loud again. It only cost me $13 about the same as fiber glass. I pulled it out to check & it still looks the same as the day I put it in. Wish I could post pictures of it.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #431
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,479
The damn grader is at it again. One of my favorite roads, just north of Jenny Ridge, has been bladed over, and they're trucking in the snotty red clay.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:16 AM   #432
bcwilliams
Adventurer

Ozark's

I've talked to a few people about doing a ride during the fall at or around Van Buren , Mo. I just spend a week there riding. Found so many roads to ride. So I don't want to over lap with another ride date. I haven't set a date for the ride yet. Still open on when to go. I have about 4 that want to go so far.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #433
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
The damn grader is at it again. One of my favorite roads, just north of Jenny Ridge, has been bladed over, and they're trucking in the snotty red clay.
That sounds like it may be road #141, the one that got the GS. (still my fav, though)
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #434
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I've talked to a few people about doing a ride during the fall at or around Van Buren , Mo. I just spend a week there riding. Found so many roads to ride. So I don't want to over lap with another ride date. I haven't set a date for the ride yet. Still open on when to go. I have about 4 that want to go so far.
That sounds lovely! I've never ridden the Ozarks before. Loretta Lynn's is Oct. 17,18 & 19. Those are the only dates that are written in stone for me this Fall, Unless we do another ADV@LBL Fall edition like we did last year.

Make sure to keep me in the loop once you get the details cleared up on the Ozark run.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:36 AM   #435
bcwilliams
Adventurer

Quote:
That sounds lovely! I've never ridden the Ozarks before. Loretta Lynn's is Oct. 17,18 & 19. Those are the only dates that are written in stone for me this Fall, Unless we do another ADV@LBL Fall edition like we did last year.

Make sure to keep me in the loop once you get the details cleared up on the Ozark run.
I will keep everybody posted on here. Sorry we didn't get to ride. By the time I got my bike back it was time to leave for Current river. Got home from there & straight back to work. I should be pretty open next time.