Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
RIGID Industries LED Lights @ Black Dog Cycle Works - AMAZING!!

The first step to dealing with a problem is to admit you have a problem - "I, Kurt of Black Dog Cycle Works, have always been a bit of a light whore". There, I said it. Virtually every single motorcycle I have owned in my adult life has had auxiliary lighting. Whether the goal is daytime visibility to cagers or trail-riding / canyon carving after dark, more light is never too much in my opinion. My trucks are not exempt from this modification either.

That said, we have a LOT of experience with aftermarket lighting. Every set-up we have used has had their pros and cons and we can say with confidence, that the Rigid Industries LED Lights are by FAR the most impressive lights we have every used.

Here are a few advantages that RIGID lights have over the competition:
• The most advanced optics in the LED industry
• Class-leading circuit board technology
• A "tough as nails" construction that is almost bulletproof (see videos on our website)
• Multi-Source light does not produce a "bouncing beam" of light, no hotspots or shadows, if one fails the other LED's will still work, greatly reduces eye fatique.
• 93% Efficient vs. 72% "Brand X" reflector
• LIFETIME Warranty
MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Advantages for Rigid LED Lights over halogen or HID lights:
• 50,000 hour life expectancy (compared to 2,000 hours for halogen or HID)
• Very high lumens (light output) per watt of power used -> much more efficient
• No glass lens to break
• No bulbs to burn out and replace ($$, downtime and inconvenience)
• No Ballast to mount vs. HID lights
• No Vibration / no "bouncing beam"
• No Warm-up - Instant On / Instant Off
• 100% Optically Clear Unbreakable Lexan lens cover

The above picture illustrates the two mounting options we offer - a triple clamp mount and our engine bar mounts (either 1" or 7/8"). The top lights are the EXTREMELY powerful Rigid Industries D2 ligths and the lower lights are the Rigid Industries 2x2 lights. Either (or both) of these lights are an excellent choice for improved motorcycle lighting, due to their compact size, unbelievable durability, low draw and amazing light output.

The 2x2 light is great for general usage and puts out an impressive 1300 lumens per light while drawing only 15 watts. These lights retail for $199 per pair, which includes wiring harness and water resistant switch. These lights are extremely versatile and can be used in all conditions, including with oncoming traffic (if aimed properly).

The D2 lights are great for when riders what MAXIMUM lighting. These lights put out a WHOPPING 2600 lumens per light, but more importantly, the spread and quality of light is by far the MOST impressive I have seen from ANY light. I have yet to find a light that can touch these for performance, and as an added bonus they only pulll 28 watts each. The D2 lights retail for $379 per pair.

Don't let the price of these lights fool you. They will outperform lights that cost twice as much and come with a lifetime warranty.

The 4" e-series light is a phenomanal light that requires a little more real estate to mount (excellent on a GS with crash bars but a bit big for a 950/990 ADV unless a mount is custom fabricated. The 4" lights put out a whopping 1440 lumens per light and use only 16 watts per light. Simply amazing, especially compared to halogen auxilary lights which typically put out about 700-900 lumens and use 55-60 watts of power.

We have the 4" set including wiring harness and 1" engine bar mounts for crash bars $610.00

Here is our R1200GSA with all three set of lights - maybe a bit overkill but we believe you can never have TOO much light! Especially with the size of the critters we have up in North Idaho cruising the roadways

For more information on Rigid Industries LED Lights, check our website here: http://blackdogcw.com/product-review...doverview.html

To shop for Rigid Industries LED Lights, check our website here: http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-shop...s-led/324.html

Dealers welcome - contact us for pricing

Please contact us with any questions. Thanks for your interest
Kurt

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!

KTMforget screwed with this post 04-19-2012 at 06:45 PM Reason: URL Update
KTMforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
those are some serious LED lights
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Rigid industries does it again

From our previous announcement, many of you already gathered that RIGID Industries makes some of the best LED lights available in the market today. Well, they have gone and upped their game again a newly released AMBER series of lights (available from the Dually 2x2 up to thei 50" light bar) as well as a new, supercharged Dually - called the D2.

The standard Dually is an excellent light and puts out 1300 lumens while using only 15 watts. Very impressive stats and better than any other LED company I have found.

The Amber series are excellent for cutting through fog, haze and dust (just ask the Baja 1000 racers that swear by them) as well as an excellent way to increase your daytime visibility by others.

The new Dually D2 puts out a WHOPPING 2600 LUMENS while using only 28 watts. That is some incredible light power and exceeds many HID set-ups with much higher reliability, no bulbs to replace, more rugged construction, an unbreakable lens cover and a LIFETIME WARRANTY.

By comparison, the Baja Designs Stryker LED light puts out only 700 lumens and cost $380/ pair. The Trail Tech SMR16 HID put only only 1800 lumens and cost $350 / pair.

The LED technology has clearly come a long way and RIGID Industries is leading the field.

Get yours at Black Dog Cycle Works

SPECIAL OFFER - FREE SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48 ON RIGID ORDERS FROM NOW UNTIL FEBRUARY 28th. Use coupon code "RIGID-FS" during checkout

We test what we sell!

Thanks for your continued support
Kurt

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

New Light Mounts

We just received our first batch of custom 1" light mounts we had designed. They have 24 different options for leveling the mounting point to ensure you are able to get your lights level. Also, they are hard anodized black and use stainless steel hardward to ensure years of good looks. They are made specifically for the Rigid Industries LED Dually lights but can be modified to fit other lights.

Check them out here:

http://www.blackdogcw.com/product/BD...ightmount.html

Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Numb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
yours

PIAA

what's the difference?
Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb View Post
yours

PIAA

what's the difference?
Thanks for your questions:

1. Ours offers 24 difference options for angle of the light bracket, while the PIAA offers 4 and they are quite spread out so the possibility of getting the PIAA light level is less likely.

2. Ours are treated with a hard anodized black finish which is extremely durable, while theirs is powdercoated

3. Ours are MADE IN THE USA. PIAA's - most probably not.

4. Ours supports a small "local" company using local talent, resources and manufacturing while supporting a group of passionate fellow riders. PIAAs supports a large multinational organization.

5. PIAA has a MUCH better photographer taking their product pictures.

I think that about sums it up. I hope that helps.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:55 AM   #7
Numb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMforget View Post

1. Ours offers 24 difference options for angle of the light bracket, while the PIAA offers 4 and they are quite spread out so the possibility of getting the PIAA light level is less likely.

2. Ours are treated with a hard anodized black finish which is extremely durable, while theirs is powdercoated

4. Ours supports a small "local" company using local talent, resources and manufacturing while supporting a group of passionate fellow riders. PIAAs supports a large multinational organization.

hmmm, ok
Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb View Post
hmmm, ok
Old 03-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
PeterX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Light mounts

I can vouch for these. I ordered both the PIAAs and Kurt's mounts. Kurt's are better made and much more adjustable. I'm sending back the PIAAs. All that's needed to fit Kurt's mounts on 7/8" bars is a plastic split ring bushing.

PeterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMforget View Post

PeterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #10
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterX View Post
All that's needed to fit Kurt's mounts on 7/8" bars is a plastic split ring bushing.
And where can we get those? (To me, it seems like the kind of thing that would have me going to several hardware stores, one each day at lunch break, getting hot and using petrol, and still not coming right.)

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
KTMforget OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterX View Post
I can vouch for these. I ordered both the PIAAs and Kurt's mounts. Kurt's are better made and much more adjustable. I'm sending back the PIAAs. All that's needed to fit Kurt's mounts on 7/8" bars is a plastic split ring bushing.

PeterX
We have the 7/8" version in production. Hope to have them in 3-4 weeks. Our machinist is very backlogged at the moment.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
PeterX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
split ring bushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
And where can we get those? (To me, it seems like the kind of thing that would have me going to several hardware stores, one each day at lunch break, getting hot and using petrol, and still not coming right.)

I used a 1/2" piece of drip irrigation line, worked great.
PeterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
BOOGIEMAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
I discovered your web site in one of the forums post, then went to the vender's section. What mounts would I need for a GSA 1200 ?
BOOGIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
windquest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Dimensions

Does anyone know the dimensions of the D2 light?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by windquest View Post
Does anyone know the dimensions of the D2 light?

http://www.rigidindustries.com/D2-Diffused-p/50151.htm