User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
ArkieRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
2014 Arrowhead Adventure Ride N' Float March 7,8 & 9

A group of us are going to be riding out of Arrowhead Cabin & Canoe in Caddo Gap, Arkansas on the Weekend of March 7,8 & 9. Like some other group rides note, this is not a sanctioned or organized ride but is simply a group of us wanting to enjoy riding and floating the Caddo River. Because of this, you are on your own regarding lodging, food and your choice of riding etc... The only cost is what you decide to do in terms of lodging, food and float rentals.

My brother owns Arrowhead Cabin and Canoe in Caddo Gap so it's certainly bike friendly. He has cabins, RV spots, a bunk house and tents spots. You can go to his site to view the area, get directions and make reservations if you need.

http://www.arrowheadcabinandcanoe.com/index.html

The original plan was to ride a full day Friday, 1/2 day Saturday and float in the afternoon. However, after the preride and visit to Arrowhead on 2-22, the river is quite low and whether it will be floatable is in question. The weather forecast is also calling for temps to still be quite cool, so the interest in floating may be limited. So, I believe the revised plan will be Free Ride Friday, big all day ride led by Oleary on Saturday and Free Ride or Float on Sunday if there is interest and the river level/weather cooperates.

I think it will be a good time for all either way.

Hope to see ya there. Chime in here if you think you might join us.

ArkieRider screwed with this post 02-25-2014 at 07:15 PM
ArkieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,285
Man I am really looking forward to riding in this area and floating the Caddo River. Hopefully the weather warms up a bit in the next couple weeks as I would like to preride some of the routes and tracks that I have for that weekend. The website for Arrowhead is looking good. I have linked it to the AR ADV Camping Schedule as well. Gonna bring the toy hauler and make a weekend of it. See you there.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
I also plan on going, tho I'm not too sure about the floating part. Kind of hard to imagine me wanting to do that while writing this staring out the window at ice and snow,
Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
ArkieRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Bluhduh

I agree, this seems like the crappiest winter in a long time ..... sure hope we hit a warming spell soon.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #5
chillouttexas
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I am in for the ride, but I am way too much of a little girl to go for a boat trip in this cold.

Jim
chillouttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #6
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

I heard that! Might have to schedule another event there later in the year to get the floating in.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
ArkieRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Its still a month out so it may be perfect weather by then.....
Old 02-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #8
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
I'm in for Friday and Saturday. I have to be home early Sunday. Hmmm?? I might have to leave Saturday night?
Old 02-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
cleandirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
This sounds like a good antidote to the cabin fever I've had too much of this winter. I'm looking forward to it.
cleandirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
woodsguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Sounds interesting, what type of riding will this include? I was planning coming up during that week alone, but this sounds like more fun!! I'm looking for some form of dirt roads, ect. I would only be there for Saturday/Sunday. Vacation starts on Saturday.
TORCS #70, over 60 class 2 X champ!
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #11
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Mostly Co and Fs dirt roads with an occasional trail thrown in for good measure. We will be riding thru the Wolf Pen Gap area so there may be a ATV trail or two as well. I have never ridden in this area so I am probably not the best one to respond, I just laid out the route with some help from my friends. We plan on preriding it next Saturday starting at Arrowhead C&C. so I will have a better idea after that. I will post a few photos of the preride to give you a flavor of it.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 02-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #12
woodsguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I'd be good for either, but it does affect what bike I bring! Trying to figure out time travel for this! Thanks for reply. Which day will you be going to Wolf Pen Gap area?
TORCS #70, over 60 class 2 X champ!
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #13
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

I was planning on riding some of the trails at Wolf Pen Gap on Friday. The route goes thru that area on the planned Saturday ride. There will probably be some that ride Sunday at Wolf Pen Gap. You will just have to see when we get there who is going to do that. I myself will not be riding Sunday. I need to leave early Sunday for home but there are ususally some that stick around and ride Sunday.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 02-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Pissed

I wish I could go with you on the preride but I have Eureka Gras parade in Eureka this Saturday.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #15
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
I wish I could go with you on the preride but I have Eureka Gras parade in Eureka this Saturday.
Don't party too hard there Scotty! That Eureka Gras could get out of hand! I wish you could join us on the preride as well. Just plan to make the scheduled ride.

Not sure how many plan on showing up for the preride but several have stated their intentions to give it a go! For those who are going we will be leaving the Arrowhead C&C about 8:30 or 9:00. I plan on hauling the toy hauler down there Friday night. I better call them and reserve me a spot.
Colorado/Moab 2012