Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 07:07 AM   #16
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
crap! it does look like him. hope for a recovery soon. interesting that there was no comment on his injuries, although it looks like they shaved his head so maybe head trauma?
The news article states that he has suffered a severe head trauma and is in grave health - found in the street unconscious. Keep praying for Harry.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:33 AM   #17
rockydrxrvr
Multi Meter Meathead

Oddometer: 146
Crashed or Robbed?

That's the question, did he crash, or was he stopped at gun, point, struck on the head (beaten) and robbed of his possessions?
With the lawlessness, lack of value of life by cartels, and Americans seen as rolling lottery tickets, it could be a possibility.

Talk about lack of patient privacy, but for identification this instance, a good thing, ----a picture of him unconscious in bed with? his approval?

Sorry work for a large hospital in the states.
rockydrxrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #18
B00ST00
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Thoughts and prayers with the rider and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B00ST00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #19
AndyT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
I'm speculating that the article was done in two parts. Part of the article says he is unidentified, and gives a physical description and describes his tattoos. I'm guessing they added the stuff from his facebook page later. It also says he was found unconscious in downtown Uruapan. If he didn't have any ID on him, it's likely he was robbed. Here's hoping for a full recovery.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #20
pancho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
OP was a request for help. For the sake of family it is best to persevere in prayer. I can do that!
pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #21
AndyT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
I just looked at the "helpfindharry" facebook page, and several people, including his mom, are saying that the man in the hospital in Uruapan is not Harry, different tattoos.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #22
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockydrxrvr View Post
With the lawlessness, lack of value of life by cartels, and Americans seen as rolling lottery tickets, it could be a possibility.

Same shit could (and does ) happen everywhere and to anybody in the world , not just to "Americans" in Mexico .
And FYI , "Americans" are we all from Alaska to Argentina , not just the US .

Hopefully there will be a happy ending to this story . Que Dios vaya con el !
Old 02-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #23
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,811
There's still one of us missing out there. Let's agree to keep the noise and speculation down on this thread. Not its purpose.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #24
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,966
This event has affected me deeply. I am praying that this rider is found soon; the agony his family is going through is beyond words.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
There's still one of us missing out there. Let's agree to keep the noise and speculation down on this thread. Not its purpose.
Well said.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #26
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,385
Uruapan wouldn't make sense for the route mentioned.

I'd concentrate the search on the main towns along highways 51 and 134 from Zitacuara to Zihuat. If he suffered a major injury in all likelihood he'd be taken to Morelia if farther north or south to Zihuat or Lazaro Cardenas. Calling the local cops and/or the IMSS hospitals in those towns would be a good idea. If he was running late (and it sounds like he was) and got caught out after dark, that stretch of 134 south into Zihuat is pretty desolate and twisty in spots. Not good.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #27
7days1shower
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Family has confirmed on Facebook that the man in hospital is not Harry Devert.

Some images below.

The latest Facebook post by family is now suggesting he may have been kidnapped by unfriendlies posing as a military convoy

His tattoos

7days1shower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #28
7days1shower
Gnarly Adventurer

The Help Find Harry Facebook page and below the post form the page directed towards his mother (I believe it is run by his girfriend/friends)

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindharry?fref=ts

--

Ann,
I am truly sorry to trouble you further in what must be an incredibly difficult and trying time, but I have learned some information that I feel I must share with you.
A well-placed friend of mine who has some connections has told me that kidnapping in Southern Mexico has increased dramatically over the last week or so (mainly police related).
He says if Harry was abducted, typically the kidnappers in that region will wait a couple of weeks before making their demands, giving them time to go underground and cover their tracks. This allows them to figure out who they have.
What Harry thought were Mexican military could have been Zetas - who are cartel-affiliated former military special forces. Zetas could have believed a white guy traveling alone was intelligence directed at their activities so they will want to know everything they can about the person and who else/what else might be going on in their area before taking any other actions--and this simply takes time. If they realize Harry is just a tourist in the wrong place, a ransom could be demanded.
Harry could have been correct that it was Mexican military and abduction by some element of Mexican military could be related to recent anti-police kidnappings.
If abduction is the reason Harry disappeared, it is possible you may not hear anything for a few more weeks.
My friends suggest you consider contacting a private firm that deals in these types of situations and handles potential negotiations. The right firms will know where to look first and who the likely culprits are and why. Of course, the firm needs to be vetted and the costs for a consultation and retainer can be quite high. If you're interested in going this route, just let me know and I will ask my friend for his advice.
Again, I'm so sorry to hear about how Harry has gone missing. I pray he is just fine and that I have troubled you unnecessarily.
Michael
Old 02-08-2014, 04:59 AM   #29
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,119
The kidnapping part is factual.
However, it won't be Zetas in that part of Mexico.
It also is definitely not the case that kidnappings are neccesarily cartel related, ther are dozens of independent groups that carry out daily kidnappings in Mexico.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #30
7days1shower
Gnarly Adventurer

Interview with his mother. No new facts as yet

http://westchester.news12.com/multim...xico-1.6985705