Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #16
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore904 View Post
BTW, Rawhyde has a new GS training facility in Salida these days. ... So, I might ride down to CO from Minneapolis if I can get my XR250 in the wagan trail. She's very light and won't talk back to the driver. It's never been on any hills ??
Salida is pretty much the epicenter for DS riding these days, the CD trail and the TAT intersect there plus it has great riding in every direction This is just outside town a little, the little XR will take to hills like a duck to water.

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #17
saddlesore904
Saddlesore904

Oddometer: 11
The little XR That Could

Good to know I guess. No damms in FL to test on. I will ride next Cads and let you ride to see if it has all of it's 13 claimed HP.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #18
saddlesore904
Saddlesore904

Oddometer: 11
This time in English

What I meant was there are no damm hills in FL to test the guts of this bike. I'd like you to try to see if all it's cylinders are firing.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #19
kaosrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
ADV Rally Moved

An update....The ADV Rally (RMAR) at the end of the week moved from Silverton to Meeker, Co.

So we will need to adjust accordingly. The reality might be that we are having too much fun to move from Salida anyway, but so that we can kind of stay on track, move Wednesday to Meeker.

The reason for their move is that there will be a Jeep Rally in Silverton that week. Meaning the area will be covered by 600 jeeps. So... we will also want to watch out for that area.

Folks are asking who wants to share a room and a car rental from the airport . Please start posting up your plans so we can assist in coordinating everyone.

Target is for flyers to arrive on Friday and then Fly back out following Sunday.

Cheers
kaosrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #20
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 938
Those fly dates work for me. I already have the vacation put in. If some guys want to split car rental let me know, I have to change a previously made flight soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #21
roadking99
semper fi

Oddometer: 70
Camping

Any particular camp ground we shoud target for reservations etc?
roadking99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #22
cgollmd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I'm planning on flying to CO on Friday. Ride Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Fly home to Jax as late as I can on Tuesday. I'd be happy to share cars and or lodging. How far from the airport to the fun?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #23
recrazyjax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
I'm working on finalizing at work but 90++% sure I'm in. I'm going to set travel Friday and Sunday so happy to join in the rental and split a hotel room. Going to try to be at the meeting tomorrow to discuss with the guys. Todd

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
recrazyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #24
recrazyjax
Adventurer

OK. ..leave approved! I'm going baby. Haha. I'll schedule the flight and set up a rental car for Friday (7/25) if no one else has already. I'll also set up a room if others are interested in sharing the cost let me know. I'll fly back and return the rental Sunday (8/3) early. T

Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #25
rheritage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Waybill,

Is there a drop dead date for sign up or is it until the trailers are full? Would love to do this on the WR450.

Rich

R100RS Sold, R80RT Sold, 1150RT Traded, RC51 Sold, KLR685 Sold, W650 Sold, CB1100F Traded, 1100S BCR Traded
rheritage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #26
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 938
Ok, so lets start getting this nailed down. I can get to CO between 1030 and 1130, so anyone wanting to get into Denver around noon and leave Denver early Sunday lets talk. I think 4 to a car is reasonable since we will all have some luggage but most of the bike equipment should be on the wagon. I am going to go ahead and change my flight for those days.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #27
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheritage View Post
Waybill,

Is there a drop dead date for sign up or is it until the trailers are full? Would love to do this on the WR450.

Rich
Rich, like most of our endeavors I think it's all pretty flexible, although the other Rich (Kaosrider) is putting the pieces of the puzzle together so he'll have a better handle on planning as it gets closer. If you want to go, I'm sure it can happen.

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:18 AM   #28
kaosrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybill View Post
Rich, like most of our endeavors I think it's all pretty flexible, although the other Rich (Kaosrider) is putting the pieces of the puzzle together so he'll have a better handle on planning as it gets closer. If you want to go, I'm sure it can happen.

We have you IN. It will be easier for us to plan on folks IN now and make sure we have room, than to try and add at the end. Folks may drop out as we go and make room. However better to get on top of this from the beginning.
kaosrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #29
shrederscott
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
hello from colrado

Hey grettings from colorado

sounds like a fun trip u guys have planned,

Saldia is a good area to stage from.

I have a few suggestions/ideas for ur trip.

check out the rainbow trail. My understanding is It is the only ohv trail to cover an entire mtn range the san de cristo range (blood of christ range). The trail starts - end basically in salida. The trail is like 150 miles long each way. Gas availabe in westcliff sorta halfway. Lots of stream crossing on this trail.

The taylor park riding area is only one pass away from sailda some of the best single and two track riding in the whole state. That trail system will let u ride between aspen and crested butte all on dirt. 3 different pass routes between those towns.

You will be in heart of colorado river rafting. The Arkansas river runs through salida. It is the number 1 river in the us for commercial rafting. Something like 250,000 people go down it every summer. Snowpack currently is 120% of normal. Should still be some water for u guys. U may want to consider a river trip. Run the gorge section for max adventure, or the browns section for max beauty but lower adventure.

Great hot springs in the area. Highly recommend mt. Prinction hot springs u can either soak in the pool or better yet right in chalk creek. Water temp around 100

good luck with ur trip. If u need any local help let me know. I live in denver, I ride, kayak and raft in sailda area a lot.

scott

shrederscott screwed with this post 03-28-2014 at 09:06 AM
shrederscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #30
recrazyjax
Adventurer

Scott, awesome! Thank you and i think local help is awesome! You ever come to fl. .. Let us know! Haha. I'd love to have you lead a day ride when we are there for small bike friendly stuff for sure. Todd