Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #16
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Maybe he was trying to herd your group in proper riding formation??
http://www.ntnoa.org/groupride.htm
Old 02-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #17
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCW View Post
Bike riders who go around looking for the most trivial reason to be aggressive to motorists give everyone a bad name. That's what you doing, taking the most trivial situation and trying to make out like he nearly killed someone.
He was "tailgunner" for the parade. Gotta make them cages show respect for "the group".

IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #18
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,102
I didn't even see any contact. Quit being such a pussy.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #19
Weljo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansfiftyseven View Post
The driver was initially trying to be safe and show courtesy by backing away from a rider unable to keep his line. You honked at him and possibly gestured as well, totally disrespecting the driver. Then chased him down. In my opinion you are the instigator here and should remove that video. Doesn't make the Camaro drivers reaction right though. If he was having an even worse day this may have ended very badly.

Wrong.... The guy was driving like that as he approached from behind us. I was watching him in my mirror and turned the camera on. He started swerving when the road split. I honked but made no gesture. I chased him down to get his license # but then did want to get his attention.
Weljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #20
farmerstu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
the guy in the camaro may be a poor driver but the major fault is on you. the guy in front of you is all over the road. center lane where you are is the abslute worst place to be. my choice would be the left lane , at or slightly above the speed of traffic. venture into the center only to pass.
farmerstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #21
Weljo OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerstu View Post
the guy in the camaro may be a poor driver but the major fault is on you. the guy in front of you is all over the road. center lane where you are is the abslute worst place to be. my choice would be the left lane , at or slightly above the speed of traffic. venture into the center only to pass.

The reason i was in the center of the lane is because i saw the guy coming up behind me crossing back and forth from lane to lane. I was ready to swerve to the right if he got too close.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #22
Weljo OP
Adventurer

Do any of you actually ride a bike or do you just sit at a keyboard talking about riding???
Old 02-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #23
PalePhase
Humour Noir

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weljo View Post
Do any of you actually ride a bike or do you just sit at a keyboard talking about riding???
Welcome to ADV Rider

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #24
PalePhase
Humour Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerstu View Post
... the major fault is on you. the guy in front of you is all over the road.
How is the lane position of the guy in front the responsibility of the OP?

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
Old 02-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #25
Weljo OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalePhase View Post
Welcome to ADV Rider
Too Funny!!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #26
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCW View Post
Yea, that's how I see it also. Your riding buddy was the one all over the road forcing the driver to take defensive action, and you go and agro him. I don't blame him for demonstrate to your mate who cut him off what it feels like. At no time did he endanger anyone. Every day I face motorists who do far worse things. Bike riders who go around looking for the most trivial reason to be aggressive to motorists give everyone a bad name. That's what you doing, taking the most trivial situation and trying to make out like he nearly killed someone.
+1. These videos where not all that much happens and a federal case is attempted are wearing thin,its one after the other. Worse things then this happen every time I let myself stupidly get close to packs of cars.

I find holes in traffic and ride in said holes,I dont ride in meandering groups of bikes,I dont chase down guys who I think have wronged me and try to wave them over or what ever was going on here.

And who videos freeway rides? Go-Pros are being over used daily.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #27
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,422
Quote:
Its a free forum,you posted a video,comments will happen.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #28
Weljo OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post

And who videos freeway rides? Go-Pros are being over used daily.

The camera was turned on when i saw how the camaro was all over the road and he was coming past us. I wouldn't own a piece of s.h.i.t. GoPro.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #29
Zeid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Me personally, I will chase some one down and do not claim to be perfect, but only if they INTENTIONALLY try to harm me or some one I'm with. Doesn't matter if I'm on a bike, in a car, in a truck or on foot, I get extremely mad when some one intentionally tries to harm me or the people I'm with. It has happened but only a handful of times and I did get extremely mad.

Living in a big metropolis like Phoenix, or SoCal, or a lot of other big cities, you get cut off all the time, people do stupid shit. It pisses me off too, but for that kind of thing the most I ever do is throw my hand up and shake my head, kind of like I or most people would do in a car, "What the F*#% mate?" shake my head and ride on. Stupid drivers are so common anymore that the most they get out of me is a hand up in awe or a head shake and a quick glare.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #30
PalePhase
Humour Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeid View Post
Me personally, I will chase some one down and do not claim to be perfect, but only if they INTENTIONALLY try to harm me or some one I'm with. Doesn't matter if I'm on a bike, in a car, in a truck or on foot, I get extremely mad when some one intentionally tries to harm me or the people I'm with. It has happened but only a handful of times and I did get extremely mad.
I used to do that, too, and it is a stupid thing to do. That is a lose/lose proposition. If it turns into fight and you get beat up, stabbed, or shot, you lose. If you beat up, stab, or shoot the other guy, you will lose legally because you chose to force a confrontation.

Quote:
When i pulled up next to hime and yelled he pointed to his eyes like he was sleepy or couldn't see.
Don't let your ego or your temper ride pillion. I'm a reformed hothead myself.

After reviewing the video a few times, I think the guy was having trouble seeing. My wife noticed that he hit the cones as he tried following the old painted lines on the road, and she's right. He drove as though he were unable to see very far down the road, in which case he should not have been in the inside lane and should not have been overtaking other traffic.

The point is, you cannot control what other drivers or riders should or should not be doing and you let your emotions dictate your actions and you put yourself at unreasonable risk by doing so.

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800