Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #61
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

Oddometer: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xltrider View Post
Typical Harley rolling (barely) road block? Check.
Typical riding skill of said road block? Check.
Typical attitude towards anyone that does anything they deem wrong? Check.
Macho man reaction to the same skill of driver of Camaro? Priceless.
Yup! That's how I see it. You live in the LA basin and THAT warranted a Youtube video and a thread here?

You guys were a rolling road block. Any cars that wanted to get over, couldn't because you had the center lane dominated.

Open up some holes in the group. Was somebody afraid they were going to get lost and miss the next pie & coffee stop?

The Camaro looked like he wanted to get to the right. He read the bike hitting the white line as a move of the group to the left lane. He probably got frustrated and braked to let all of you by so he could merge right without making any of you have to break up your precious parade. He later did exactly that.

Yeah, you guys are the guilty ones.
Donkey Hotey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #62
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,020
did anyone watch the video?They are not blocking the road. they are all spread out with plenty of room for someone to get off an exit, should that someone wake up at the last minute and need to blast across 3 lanes.
They are riding far enough apart that I would not consider it a roadblock. The only asshole driver I see in that video is the white camaro.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #63
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
did anyone watch the video?They are not blocking the road.
Yeah, I watched it, did YOU?

They're apparently using the standard, "drunken, semi-staggered formation."

Edit: I watched it again--the whole group is packed up against the back of other traffic after the transition ramp. The Camaro wants to get to the right but, can't. The bikes aren't making space. The one bike bumps the white line, Camaro brakes out of frustration to let them have the left lane and get out of his way. As traffic finally opens up, the parade moves out of the way, the Camaro has open space in front of him, he gasses it and moves over two lanes--exactly as I said.

Sorry, the pie & coffee group is the one at fault here.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #64
Weljo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
Yeah, I watched it, did YOU?

They're apparently using the standard, "drunken, semi-staggered formation."

Edit: I watched it again--the whole group is packed up against the back of other traffic after the transition ramp. The Camaro wants to get to the right but, can't. The bikes aren't making space. The one bike bumps the white line, Camaro brakes out of frustration to let them have the left lane and get out of his way. As traffic finally opens up, the parade moves out of the way, the Camaro has open space in front of him, he gasses it and moves over two lanes--exactly as I said.

Sorry, the pie & coffee group is the one at fault here.

Your An Idiot!!!
Weljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #65
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weljo View Post
Your An Idiot!!!
You posted it, you asked, my opinion is not the only one that read it that way. That situation is exactly why I don't ride with "pie and coffee" warriors anymore.

The filigree on your GoPro lens is a classy touch. Does it match the Kafka stripes on your Gold Wing?

Edit: southbound 15/215 split, isn't it? Pretty standard traffic pattern there. You should have made a hole for the cars to get over or been in the left lane to begin with, though that leaves you with no shoulder and nowhere to escape other cars or debris in the road. The only answer is to make space for other traffic.

Donkey Hotey screwed with this post 02-16-2014 at 08:22 PM
Old 02-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #66
JohnCW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
The only asshole driver I see in that video is the white camaro.
Then we must be watching a different video. What I see is the camaro driver being confronted by the rider in the middle lane drifting across into his lane. This is why I believe the camero driver struck the lane markers, he was being forced to focus all his attention on the rider in the middle lane drifting in toward him. He didn't see the lane marker poles because his attention was being distracted and hit them.

Luckily no one was injured and I assume the damage to the front of the camero would be very minor. If anything an apology is due to the camero driver for the bad riding of the guy in the center lane which could have cause a bad accident, and for being abused and harassed. And while they're at it, the policeman is also due an apology. A decent reasonable guy just doing his job and having to put up with a clown in a skull mask without the common courtesy or sense to even take it off when being spoken to by a policeman.

The reality is this and the "pulled over by nice cop" are really no more than very trivial video footage being put out on the internet and made to seem important by hyping it up. Give it a slick title, and then let peoples prejudices do the rest. If someone wants to put their new toy to use and get recognition for their videos they would do better to take the time and effort to make a decent one.

JohnCW screwed with this post 02-16-2014 at 09:00 PM
JohnCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #67
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,228
The guys on the bikes are clueless.

Who rides next to a car that is obviously not very good at it? Just sit there beside him and whine about it?

Get some fucking distance from him and go on about your business.

Sure the car driver is an idiot, all car drivers are idiots. Go somewhere else.

tkent02 screwed with this post 02-17-2014 at 07:35 AM
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #68
100mpg
This sentance intent

The first bike in front of the camera is not in the camaros lane, he is close, but close don't count. That is not what caused the camrao t hit the brakes. I bet he is lost or did not see the plastic barriers.
At 1:13, the camaro guy is behind ALL the bikes and passes the last one, which has the camera and is in the center of his lane, straddling TWO lanes.

The camera bike and the one in front are about 20ft apart in the beginning and the third bike is about 100ft in front of them.

The guy in the camaro is fucked up.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:51 AM   #69
Fearless Whetu
Aussie Kiwi

Oddometer: 239
Gooooood goooooooood yes, let the hate flow through you

Hahahaha
Old 02-17-2014, 03:08 AM   #70
JohnCW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

The first bike in front of the camera is not in the camaros lane, he is close, but close don't count. That is not what caused the camrao t hit the brakes.
Close doesn't count, someone who looks like they are coming across into your lane doesn't distract your attention, are you serious?

At 11 seconds the guy who was in the middle lane is riding virtually along the white line between the lanes just ahead of the camero. What do you think the driver of the camero (or any sane driver in that situation) sitting just behind him will be looking at in that point. Straight ahead up the road, or completely focused on the motorcycle who looks like they are going to come across right into his path????

You want the driver to be at fault, nothing I will say or what the video shows will change that.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #71
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCW View Post
...someone who looks like they are coming across into your lane doesn't distract your attention, are you serious?...
You want the driver to be at fault, nothing I will say or what the video shows will change that.
Claiming that is fucking stupid. I don't want anyone to be at fault, I am only looking at the video. Even if *I* was driving that camaro, I would say the camaro driver fucked up. Several times.

At 3 seconds, the camaro is drifting over to the left lane. Is that the guys on the bikes fault? Watch the video, watch the camaro drifting over to the left. Tell me that is the bike riders fault.

Maybe it is just me, But if I was on a bike or in a car or tractor trailer and I saw that guy on the bike close to the white line I would let up WAY before he got close. Mashing on the brakes like he did shows he is not paying attention.
I would like to see the unedited version without the postcard/spinning video nonsense.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:31 AM   #72
JohnCW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Claiming that is fucking stupid..
Is that your normal mode of responding to a difference of opinion? I see why you perhaps relate to bike riders who chase down cars and give them a gob full.

I've already given to much attention to this piece of rubbish video and don't intent to give it one more second of oxygen.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 AM   #73
pjhsv
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Two things have struck me about this thread.

1. Fuck being a traffic cop/magistrate/insurer. This thread can't even work out who is at fault in the scenario with camera footage. Bugger trying to work out who is at fault when it's just two peoples (probably biased) recollection of events.

It's pretty clear that everyone has their own opinion who did what and why. I'm no exception, but being that it's my first post on the forum, I'm not going to weigh in and piss anyone off. :)

2. There's a lot of talk about "you should be in the left lane". I'm from Oz, so we drive on the left, so presume that the equivalent for here would be "you should be in the right lane". I'm sure my countrymen will back me up when I say that if you habitually drive in the right lane one of three things will happen (in order of rarity).
- You will most likely piss people off behind you. People believe it is their right to speed, and if you are selfish enough to get in their way (even if you're already speeding) you should expect to be tailgated and intimidated into submission
- You may be fined. It's illegal in at least Victoria and New South Wales to be in the right lane where the speed limit is > 80km/h unless overtaking
- Worst case (fortunately rarest), you may end up as roadkill

Is there an expectation that the left lane (right for the americans) should be left for people who are only getting on/off the freeway? If so - I wish we'd adopt that in Australia.

edit: speeeling
pjhsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #74
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Quote:
Is that your normal mode of responding to a difference of opinion?
is that your normal response to facts I stated in a video? To claim that I want the driver to be at fault is just plain old stupid. I am not responding to a difference of opinion on who is at fault, I am respond to a ridiculous lie that I want the driver to be in the wrong.

No comment on the driver drifting into the left lane, before you claim the bike forced him into the barriers? I must be imagining that since I want the camaro to be at fault.

wtf.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:46 AM   #75
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
+1. These videos where not all that much happens and a federal case is attempted are wearing thin,its one after the other. Worse things then this happen every time I let myself stupidly get close to packs of cars.

I find holes in traffic and ride in said holes,I dont ride in meandering groups of bikes,I dont chase down guys who I think have wronged me and try to wave them over or what ever was going on here.

And who videos freeway rides? Go-Pros are being over used daily.

Than
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote