User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #1
tundradirtbiker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Cyclops 20 Degree Flood for a KTM Rectangle Mask

This is a big improvement on the 55 watt headlight, not a race light by any means. You will still have some fender shadow, but it it minimized from the great optics of the Cyclops. This is good for a DIY guy, looking for a good road or trail light, dependable with low wattage use. I use the TT stator and reg anyway.

After doing it the hard way, the short route is easy to post.
Cost- $191 includes the flood LED 20 watts & Skeen controller. If you run a KS thumb switch featuring Daylight, lo & Hi, it can be programmed for 3 different levels using only the KS switch to change lumen out put.

Materials
-KTM '07 type plastic mask
-Cyclops flood and Skeen controller
-2 X 2 aluminum for side brackets from the big box store
-1" X 1/8" AL strap from real sheet aluminum so it can be bent
-SS 4mm x 18mm socket head bolts to replace the 5mm stock bolts holding the lens on
-I covered the bezel with 1/16" rough surface black pvc
-Small SS nuts & bolts

I did all the custom cutting from 3/16" AL on the right. Not necessary, a simple maltese cross with 4 slightly over size holes would be a good mount. It's got a 60mm X 60mm Square hole pattern.

The four pieces to mount it in the plastic mask. The 'u' mount comes with the light.

Kinda tough to see after it's painted

OTB

Just a 5 MP camera at night. Weather should be better for a pic this spring

Cyclops guys (Darryl & Bill) were great with the phone. The light throws out a long eliptical light you can drop to the fender. It will still cast out a long way. I looked for a quality, dependable LED for a base light. If pencils or floods are tacked on later, no problem with the cheap Chinese copies. They can fail- this won't.

I'll leave this with some KS switch flipping I found and made notes. The Skeen 175A doesn't cover it. Only thing you need to know- the 'yellow' wire goes to a 12v source'.

LED PROGRAMMING WITH THE K/S HANDLEBAR SWITCH

1) Put switch in the low setting and turn on the main power
2) Light comes on and in a few seconds gives FLASH > FLASH
3) Go to HIGH then LOW setting 3 X, stop in MID position
4) Light gives programming code FLASH > FLASH

From here, all 3 modes are programmable by 10% to 100%

1) Programming the LOW setting Bounce from HIGH to LOW, each time increasing brightness by 10%. When you get desired brightness go to the MID mode.
2) Programming the MID mode Bounce from HIGH to MID, each time increasing brightness by 10%. When you get desired brightness go to the HIGH mode.
3) Programming the HIGH mode Bounce from HIGH to LOW and back to HIGH, each time increasing brightness by 10%. To complete programming shut off the main power.

All 3 modes are programmed

Cheers