Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #46
dhilt OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stained View Post
Just don't discount New Brunswick as part of your route. If you consider NB as the "Drive Thru" Province, you're doing it wrong.
I have a nice route planned through NB I think. It is part of the trip. Not just cruising through. Pretty much will be cruising through Maine and when we get to Cobscook Bay we "start" our trip.
dhilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #47
dhilt OP
Adventurer

I have screen shots of each the routes for each day that I wanted to post for you all but I am not "allowed" to post pics for some reason. Not sure why.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #48
VO1MX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
My reality is that all of Atlantic Canada is a great place to either live or visit. If you ever decide to visit Newfoundland be prepared to spend awhile as that island is a lot bigger than it actually looks on the maps!

VO1MX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #49
dhilt OP
Adventurer

Dan, Newfoundland was the original destination but I knew 6 days wouldn't cut it. It would take 6 days to get there and back, never mind spending time there. Someday I will make it to Newfoundland though.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #50
dhilt OP
Adventurer

Here are the 4 days in Canada. Hard to see details but you get the general idea on where I was thinking of going. They are in order. Day 2,3,4,5 of the trip.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #51
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,170
Looks doable. The only gravel is the part from St. Martens to Fundy Park entrance. That stretch is just logging roads but good unimproved road, not really gravel but parts are great. I don't recall road signs per say but you shouldn't have much trouble getting where your going. If you keep going east instead of south you should be OK. The only other thing I can add is that the roads your going on are small country roads. Don't expect them to be all that smooth or fast going. It will take longer to cover a distance on the map than you think.

The last section from Sackville to Moncton has some back roads available with a little gravel in the mix if you want to take that. You would edge toward the Petitcodiac River from the west. This is the other side of the river from where you came down the first day.

Have a good trip.
2004 Honda XR400R

JimmieA screwed with this post 02-19-2014 at 08:57 PM
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:14 AM   #52
Kawazacky
Mad Typist

Oddometer: 167
I would recommend looking at Rt 845 and 895 in NB, especially if you are visiting during fog season and you want to get out of the fogbank after a couple hours - they are bumpy, but in my opinion, the two best roads in the southern part of the province. Rt. 225 in PEI is also a lot of fun if you get tired of the tourist scene and want a road with lots of hills. Best riding on PEI is all on the southern side, for sure.

If you want to add in some gravel, it's quite easy to ride from St. George, NB all the way to Saint John on pretty easy gravel roads, but you'd miss out on some fun coastal riding.

Otherwise, looks pretty solid.
Kawazacky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #53
dhilt OP
Adventurer

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it very much!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #54
R_Rick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhilt View Post
Dan, I bet you all are very nice. I can't wait to check it out. Thanks.
You'll be right at home in this part of the world ... we're just like you guys in Maine cept we don't talk funny.

You have a nice route planned - very doable and will give you a good taste of the Maritimes.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #55
VO1MX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Rick View Post
You'll be right at home in this part of the world ... we're just like you guys in Maine cept we don't talk funny.

You have a nice route planned - very doable and will give you a good taste of the Maritimes.
I'm from Newfoundland so I can't promise that I don't talk funny

VO1MX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #56
dhilt OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Rick View Post

Well I'm originally from New Hampshire so I luckily don't have the "Maine Accent", even though I have lived here since I was 10. I had a neighbor when I was a kid here in Maine and for 8 years I NEVER understood a word he said. I would just just nod and say, "really'.

Don't you guys say "aboot" and "eh" a lot?? Or is that just in Quebec?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #57
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,170
Around Moncton area and the North Shore we have the Shackers. Their English is as bad as it can be and still be called English. I believe they actually try to make their accent bad. It is a small group but it is annoying what they do to the English language.
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote