ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
MiamiPhoto OP
Adventurer
 
MiamiPhoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Oddometer: 64
Any trail in South Florida area?

I am new here. I am looking for a nice trail in the Miami, Ft Lauderdale area?
I live in Weston, FL.

Where should I start to look for trails in my area? I am soory if my question so basic.

Thanks so much!
__________________
Miami Wedding Photographers
MiamiPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:31 AM   #2
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer
 
steveWFL's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 1,343
Everglades!
__________________
KTM EXC - in 530 flavor
'10 Concours14 with >85,000 miles and ticking'
'99 ZX9R Ninja - rolling retro style
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
Hoot Gibson
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Bottom of Grand Lake Ohio
Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiPhoto View Post
I am new here. I am looking for a nice trail in the Miami, Ft Lauderdale area?
I live in Weston, FL.

Where should I start to look for trails in my area? I am soory if my question so basic.

Thanks so much!
Take Old 41{Tamiami Trail} and head west from Miami to Loop Road....that should be good for a newby....you can follow it to Monore Station and return via same route or take 41 back west...just watch out for the Gators
Hoot Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #4
Ack535
FJR Pilot
 
Ack535's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Williamston MI USA
Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Take Old 41{Tamiami Trail} and head west from Miami to Loop Road....that should be good for a newby....you can follow it to Monore Station and return via same route or take 41 back west...just watch out for the Gators
Watch out for the giant man eating Pythons and Anaconda's!
__________________
Pete
2003 WR450F Plated
2005 CRF250X Plated
2005 FJR 1300 R.I.P. 9/2012
Ack535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
ned37
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: verde valley, az
Oddometer: 96
best bet is to hit a local cycle shop that does a fair amount of dirt. ask them where they ride.
when i rode there in the '70s, we had a nice plot of land out by the snake creek canal by the turnpike in south broward.
we used the everglades out on tamiami for enduros. i'm sure a lot has changed.
__________________
ned
-----------
'95 Triumph Tiger 900 steamer
'01 Suzuki DRZ400S
Cottonwood, AZ
ned37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:45 AM   #6
MiamiPhoto OP
Adventurer
 
MiamiPhoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Take Old 41{Tamiami Trail} and head west from Miami to Loop Road....that should be good for a newby....you can follow it to Monore Station and return via same route or take 41 back west...just watch out for the Gators
Thanks so much! Should I take my gun, just in case.....? :)
__________________
Miami Wedding Photographers
MiamiPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:46 AM   #7
MiamiPhoto OP
Adventurer
 
MiamiPhoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned37 View Post
best bet is to hit a local cycle shop that does a fair amount of dirt. ask them where they ride.
when i rode there in the '70s, we had a nice plot of land out by the snake creek canal by the turnpike in south broward.
we used the everglades out on tamiami for enduros. i'm sure a lot has changed.
Thanks sooooo much! I will do that!
__________________
Miami Wedding Photographers
MiamiPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014