User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
Ride4Coffee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Does IBA take winter breaks?

The list of SaddleSore 1K finishers hasn't been updated recently, with the most recent certification dated 22-SEP-13. I know they are all volunteers, and I have the utmost respect for anyone who gives their time like that for a large, world-wide cause.
I'm asking for two reasons:
1) I submitted for a ride from August, and haven't heard any response at all on the ride info or status queries. Honestly, I'm looking forward to volunteering, as well, when I become a member. If I don't hear back, I can always find an IBA sponsored SS1K ride.

2) The true reason I'm asking is that my dad wants to ride a SS1K in May, along with my brother and I, and I'm trying to do everything I can to set him up for success. When he bought his ride, the seller gave him every piece of motorcycle kit he had. When my dad asked about the IBA plate on the bike, the seller said "Oh wait, I'm keeping that. It's important.", which piqued my dad's curiosity. Now, one heart stent later, he's talking like this year may be the last year he'd feel comfortable taking the ride. I'm highly confident there are plenty of riders here that have had the big one and kept riding, that's not in doubt. Like I said, I just want to ensure he gets his SS1K plate.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,558
have you asked the question on the IBA forum ?

http://www.ironbutt.org/forum/default.asp
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Ride4Coffee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
No! Didn't know about that. Thank you!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
vikingolly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride4Coffee View Post
The list of SaddleSore 1K finishers hasn't been updated recently, with the most recent certification dated 22-SEP-13. I know they are all volunteers, and I have the utmost respect for anyone who gives their time like that for a large, world-wide cause.
I'm asking for two reasons:
1) I submitted for a ride from August, and haven't heard any response at all on the ride info or status queries. Honestly, I'm looking forward to volunteering, as well, when I become a member. If I don't hear back, I can always find an IBA sponsored SS1K ride.

2) The true reason I'm asking is that my dad wants to ride a SS1K in May, along with my brother and I, and I'm trying to do everything I can to set him up for success. When he bought his ride, the seller gave him every piece of motorcycle kit he had. When my dad asked about the IBA plate on the bike, the seller said "Oh wait, I'm keeping that. It's important.", which piqued my dad's curiosity. Now, one heart stent later, he's talking like this year may be the last year he'd feel comfortable taking the ride. I'm highly confident there are plenty of riders here that have had the big one and kept riding, that's not in doubt. Like I said, I just want to ensure he gets his SS1K plate.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome. Thanks!
Go ride with your dad! You can email Mike Kneebone like the rest of us, but we know he has a huge list of people asking him - in addition they are preparing for the IBR 2015 which is also likely to be a big load....

"There are NO coincidences." (102 year old lady in a church in Scotland)

BMW R1200 GSA 2007 and 2014 GSW (USA), HD Ultra CVO 2013, in Australia
vikingolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #5
bimmerx2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 987
Someone there is working

I got my SS1000 certificate last week - sent it in a few weeks ago for a ride back in September.
'08 Honda CBR 1000RR (get outta da way!)
'05 Honda CBR 600RR (trackday toy)
bimmerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
MIXR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Busy or busy?

All depends how busy the volunteer who got your package is, and what's going on in their own lives.

Be patient, but there are processes on the IBA website (and forum) for asking. Some come through quickly, and some take months.

It also depends greatly on how 'good' your submission was. Some are pretty scrappy and take longer to assess. Some are very carefully laid out and easy to follow, so they get done quickly.

Cheers.