Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
schattat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Beware of fraudulent inmate

Dear ADVrider community,

This thread is unfortunately not one of good nature and has been started to inform and warn this lovely and humble community about a black sheep amongst us.
I am here to discuss a serious matter about an active member here on ADVrider “italrally”, also known as Michele Ausonio from Berlin, Germany. Michele runs an online shop under the website http://worldwide-offroad-adventures.com/.
As many of you know, I operate a business for navigation equipment, Rallye Navigation Solutions, next to my university studies. Michele was a reseller of mine for a good 2 years now. I have known him since around 2012 thanks to this forum and became friends with him instantly after having met for the first time face-to-face at a Baja race in eastern Germany.

In July of 2014, just weeks after the last Baja race which we both attended, I issued him invoices of quite a substantial amount of money for the orders he had placed with me and which of course were delivered. At first I was told by him to wait a few weeks as he was still to receive payments from customers. Having waited a few weeks patiently, I checked in with him to see the status of the payment. This is when things started to become very strange. My emails and messages over Facebook were ignored (but they were always read, though), my phone number blocked on his side of the line, etc. I couldn’t believe myself what was going on.

To make things more interesting, I recall a chain email from one of his other suppliers from Switzerland from mid-2013, where it was mentioned that Michele is a lousy partner to work with and that he owed them some money. At the time I did not think much of the case as I was being paid, so I figured it was an internal conflict between the two parties. After having contacted them recently, I was informed that it was a similar case like mine and that he ignored and avoided many notices of non-payment from their side.

Furthermore, I was informed of more scams of his. Michele offers the service of ordering Kenny racing gear (jackets, pants, etc.) through his website, as seen in his signature. Inmate “rmhrc628” did order a set of Kenny clothing several weeks, well months now, ago and was asked to pay upfront for his order. He did so, but has not heard anything from Michele since. A similar incident occurred with the 2 Berglund brothers who just took part in Dakar.

As you can see, this fraudster is stealing money from others. After numerous hopeless attempts of getting a hold of my money through messages, mailed notices, I am going to have to find a solution to get this mess sorted properly.

It is normally not in my nature to do this sort of public shaming, but I have discussed the situation with the mods here and ultimately I believe it is now my duty to expose Michele for the big fraud he is and to ensure that everybody here or in the rally family is well-protected and doesn’t falls for his scams in the future.

Best regards,
Tony Schattat

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec

schattat screwed with this post 01-26-2015 at 08:49 AM
schattat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,597
Thanks for the warning.

Hope you get your money or equipment back.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 23,725
Just a little clarification for the forum. This thread is intended to serve as a warning to those that may be current or future customers of the alleged fraudster and is posted only to serve as that warning and as a friendly gesture to what is a very small, close knit community of rally racers.

There was quite a bit of discussion and consternation about how we can handle this type of thread. Usually this would exist in the vendors forum but we ultimately felt that it would be lost in the shuffle as many of the rally based transactions don't happen via vendors.

Let's be clear that in no way does the site allege any wrongdoing or provide any protection for deals that may have turned sour. This thread will also not be permitted to turn into a flame-fest between or against inmates.

Let's keep in mind that we are not in the basement and use this thread as a helpful warning to others. We appreciate the extent to which Tony and others have gone through to rectify this situation privately and we mods feel this was truly the last resort to effectively protect fellow rally enthusiasts against fraud.

Protect yourself, protect each other, and also protect the site by contributing to this thread as it is intended.

Thanks,
doyle
Old 01-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Protect yourself, protect each other, and also protect the site by contributing to this thread as it is intended.

Thanks,
doyle
^^That

Cases like Tony's just make me feel sad...
Old 01-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
Scalex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Way too unfortunate. For what it's worth, I wish you can recover the loss.

Thanks a lot for posting. I assume "the other part" has been made aware of the situation, so should he fail to provide with an answer, it would appear to be a clear message to me...
Scalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #6
Bruno T .
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,962
Thanks for the warning, I was considering an apparel order from him.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #7
Stagehand
Imperfectionist

Oddometer: 26,981
This would have been great to hear three weeks ago.

But thanks for the heads up, and I hope you get a positive result.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:44 AM   #8
schattat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalex View Post
I assume "the other part" has been made aware of the situation, so should he fail to provide with an answer, it would appear to be a clear message to me...
I have given him multiple chances to reply to my many messages, no chance. He will eventually see this thread, his choice to answer or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Thanks for the warning, I was considering an apparel order from him.
Saved by the bell as they say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
This would have been great to hear three weeks ago.
Howso, did you order something through him?

Old 01-28-2015, 03:36 AM   #9
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,637
God over 800hits on this thread.

This business is gone.

I've had no response after paying him $1200aud back in September October last year.

Nothing.
rmhrc628 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #10
Linc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
God over 800hits on this thread.

This business is gone.

I've had no response after paying him $1200aud back in September October last year.

Nothing.
Well if Schattat could post the number for the scum bags local police station and they then received a bunch of calls from all of his victims then they would have to do something......
Old 01-28-2015, 03:23 PM   #11
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,637
He lives in Berlin. I know prob sounds stupid but I'm 12000km away. I'm sure Berlin has suburbs?
rmhrc628 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #12
grimmboy
Chris Grimm

Oddometer: 894
If he's ripped off people in the US call the FBI, internet fraud. I'm sure other countries have exactly the same laws.

If the only net return is irritation for site owner / manager that's better than nothing.

Enjoy the evening, Grimmy
grimmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 AM   #13
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 2,827
Now vanished from FB as well ...
Old 01-29-2015, 02:59 AM   #14
Tomas Kocanda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 874
It´s good to have it in racing too, not everybody is visiting vendors section.
BMW R1150GS Adventure (RR modified), R1200GS Custom, XV1600 Custom...
www.touratech.cz
Tomas Kocanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:02 AM   #15
schattat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well, I have his address, some of you may also have it. I currently have a court order against him at the moment, within the next few weeks I will hopefully have some better news. As for you folks from abroad, I can gladly check with the local police to see what your options are.