User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
s rider OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
looking for another rider for Bolivia and Peru

Hi there ! currently I am in Pichilemu, south west of Santiago Chile, and in a couple of weeks I will be in the north of Chile wanting to do Bolivia and Peru. Currently I travel alone but it will be nice to travel with another biker in Bolivia & Peru. Anyone around with the same plans ?
s rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by s rider View Post
Hi there ! currently I am in Pichilemu, south west of Santiago Chile, and in a couple of weeks I will be in the north of Chile wanting to do Bolivia and Peru. Currently I travel alone but it will be nice to travel with another biker in Bolivia & Peru. Anyone around with the same plans ?
Well, I just crossed over into Bolivia from Argentina, this morning. I'm probably a bit far ahead.

Alex, the owner of a bar on the left side of the main street in Pichelemu, loves motoviajeros. He has a Honda CRF I think. I stopped in there a few times for beer and food.

If you're staying at the Go Pichilemu cabanas, I left my girlfriend's little green rubber frog there. There is a beverage reward for its safe return.

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
s rider OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldergeek View Post
Well, I just crossed over into Bolivia from Argentina, this morning. I'm probably a bit far ahead.

Alex, the owner of a bar on the left side of the main street in Pichelemu, loves motoviajeros. He has a Honda CRF I think. I stopped in there a few times for beer and food.

If you're staying at the Go Pichilemu cabanas, I left my girlfriend's little green rubber frog there. There is a beverage reward for its safe return.
ok, I will go and ask and start the frog operation :) If you have a more detalied adress or phone it will help.
s rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

That's really funny. I didn't expect a response.

If you head south from Pichilemu, just past Punta Lobos is a left turn for the Go Pichilemu cabanas. They are on the left at the top of the hill.

But, really, I only said that on the off chance you were actually staying there. It's cheap, clean and with cellular WiFi, if you are looking for a place in Pichilemu. It is off in the middle of nowhere, though.

I just thought it would be hilarious to actually find the bath frog. We brought it back from Antarctica (someone had brought it down and thrown it in the hit tub). So, it became our little mascot.

BTW, Sucre, Bolivia is nice. Sort of like Grenada, Nicaragua. And the ride from Potosi to Sucre is heaven. Potosi could be skipped.

Enjoy!

Mike

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Old 02-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
Slowphil
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldergeek View Post
That's really funny. I didn't expect a response.

If you head south from Pichilemu, just past Punta Lobos is a left turn for the Go Pichilemu cabanas. They are on the left at the top of the hill.

But, really, I only said that on the off chance you were actually staying there. It's cheap, clean and with cellular WiFi, if you are looking for a place in Pichilemu. It is off in the middle of nowhere, though.

I just thought it would be hilarious to actually find the bath frog. We brought it back from Antarctica (someone had brought it down and thrown it in the hit tub). So, it became our little mascot.

BTW, Sucre, Bolivia is nice. Sort of like Grenada, Nicaragua. And the ride from Potosi to Sucre is heaven. Potosi could be skipped.

Enjoy!

Mike

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
That's kind of funny, my buddy and I really liked Potosi, it takes all kinds doesn't it?

Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX.......making squids out of gentlemen since 1996
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,704
Ha ha, I liked Potosi, hell I liked Uyuni too..

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:20 AM   #7
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

I liked Uyuni much more than Potosi.

Potosi was cold and raining, and my walks around the city seemed charmless.
Uyuni was warm and sunny and filled with adventurers and exotic foreigners.

In Cochabamba, now. Not feeling like I want to stick around here, either. Traffic (last night) was the most gnarly, 4-way seized up cluster I have ever seen. I actually got up on the sidewalk and rode against traffic and around pedestrians for a couple of blocks (something I almost never do).

On the up side, I got local gas prices for the first time, along the 9 hour ordeal (of fun until it got dark) from Sucre to Cochabamba.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,994
I am in Tarapota Peru, will be in Bolivia maybe a fortnight going to head north again. Just came down from Ecuador.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #9
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

My KLR took a rock to the radiator. Coolant bleeding all over my boot. It is Carnevale weekend.

I might be stuck in La Paz for a bit. Hoping to head to Copacabana on Monday. We will see.