Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 02:36 AM   #46
McCardigan
happy Budda

Oddometer: 2,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
G/day MODNROD,

Should I ever make it to your side of the continent, it would be my pleasure to tip a brew with you and hopefully share some miles in the saddle with you.

However when it come to beer, I must admit I was very disappointed in the beers that I sampled whilst in Oz. Now don't take this the wrong way, I fully understand you blokes may still carry a grudge against the Brits but the bloody bastards do how to brew a good beer and the Belgians are the beer masters at least in my experience.

The next time I come to Oz I think I'll stick to drinking whisky but I'll have to smuggle in my own its to bloody expensive down under.
G/day Dave,

I totally agree with you re Oz beers, they use to be amongst the worlds best brews, but nowadays most are crap compared to O/S beers. Exceptions are Coppers, Cascade, and James Squire.

For those who don't know where Dave lives (east of Seattle, Washington State) the North West area of the USA is dotted with more micro breweries, then anywhere else in the US, and generally produce far better brews. Yes folks, the Yanks have finally learnt the craft of brewing good beers, and cheap, about 6 to 8 US$ for a 6 pack, bought anywhere.

Chris

And proud 7th Day Adventourist
McCardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:58 AM   #47
McCardigan
happy Budda

Oddometer: 2,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
Dave (Mr Cob) if you happen to pass through Adelaide, South Australia let me know.

Hey McCardigan. Is Rommell alive? Post some photo's.

3legs
G/day Alex

Rommell is quietly resting, in a million pieces mind you, in the back shed. But I have decided to resurrect him. All repair work, modifications have been done, thanks to Grumpy. But until now I have lacked the time and desire to rebuild him. Now I have an incentive to resurrect Rommell, and there is method in my madness, a dream of mine is to buy a 2wd Ural in America, and head for Russia and westwards via Canada and Alaska

But 1st I have to rebuild the Tuck Truck, oiled soaked clutch due to a failed pushrod seal and a tired set of gearbox bearings, which will be completed before I head to India in June, then the OCR.

But I promise, I will put up a storey of the rebirthing of Rommell.

Cheers

Chris

And proud 7th Day Adventourist
McCardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #48
Dave Ward
Not enough riding...

Oddometer: 1,653
Mr Cob, you're borrowing a rig from McCardigan, can you weld?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #49
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,474
Mr Cob, if you are planning on riding with Dave, are you versed in first aid (thirst aid) and delicious ways to prepare economy sized road kill...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #50
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
Dave (Mr Cob) if you happen to pass through Adelaide, South Australia let me know.

Hey McCardigan. Is Rommell alive? Post some photo's.

3legs
Howdy 3legs,

Will do.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #51
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ward View Post
Mr Cob, you're borrowing a rig from McCardigan, can you weld?
Howdy Dave,

Yes Sir, I am a certified welder and all around metal fabricator, skills needed when one plays as hard with their toys as I do.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #52
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Mr Cob, if you are planning on riding with Dave, are you versed in first aid (thirst aid) and delicious ways to prepare economy sized road kill...?
Howdy troy safari carpente,

What ever skills I lack, I am open to learn. If the road kill has gone off a bit I could stand to loose some weight or just wash it down with 80-90 W gear lube.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #53
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,431
Morning / evening / night Dave - just a suggestion, take up Citizenship - admit it the place has you hooked .... and black pudding is plentiful.

Do you have a two wheeled mount lined up at all? - Be thee in a mind to do a road trip east to west?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #54
prestonpaul
What?

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
If the road kill has gone off a bit I could stand to loose some weight or just wash it down with 80-90 W gear lube.
Try Redline Heavy Shockproof. I hear it stops your rear end leaking

We have a property near the western end of the Great Ocean Road in Victoria. If your passing though that way you would be more than welcome to stay.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #55
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbike smallpenis View Post
Morning / evening / night Dave - just a suggestion, take up Citizenship - admit it the place has you hooked .... and black pudding is plentiful.

Do you have a two wheeled mount lined up at all? - Be thee in a mind to do a road trip east to west?
G/day to ya Mark,

As I type this its 2:10PM Wednesday afternoon here in the Great Nor-Wet.

I have been getting emails from the immigration folks in Oz, from the looks of this correspondence it would appear that they would allow if not welcome me back to your fair country, WHY I keep getting these emails I don't know.

"IF" it weren't so darned expensive to live in Australia, I would seriously consider spending a year or so down under. Alas I could never live there as I am to accustomed to my Merican ways when it comes to firepower and burning gasoline and diesel fuel, I dare say none of my toys would be legal in Oz, be they guns or engine powered vehicles.

As to having a two wheeled mount, I have been offered a couple, I am sure something can be worked out should I make it down there. As to being up for an east to west, north to south, west to east or south to north or diagonally HELL YEAH. Seriously if I ever get down there again I'll try to budget for at least a month maybe more are you up for being a tour guide?

Oh and as regards the "black pudding" I'll take a pass, no offense just not my cup a tea.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #56
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonpaul View Post
Try Redline Heavy Shockproof. I hear it stops your rear end leaking

We have a property near the western end of the Great Ocean Road in Victoria. If your passing though that way you would be more than welcome to stay.
Howdy prestonpaul,

So long as I stay away from trusting a fart I haven't had any problems with rear end leakage.

Thanks for the invite mate, I'll be sure to keep this in mind.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #57
KLR 650 guy
UralTouristKlr650Guy

Oddometer: 457
Hi there Mr Cob .. Just sent Pm .. If you down my way in Wa you have a bike to ride .. Some great beaches and the whitest sands in Oz .. Plenty to see within 1,000 km form here , Kalgroolie , Isrealite telegraph station ruins , Albany , Denmark , Hyden (wave rock) , Norseman , the nullabour (very bloody long road ) from east to west , balladonia track (near me ) Gibson soak pub (great meals and 25 km from Esperance) there's more with some great track riding and such .... Talk soon ....

Sent to where ever I like .. Lol ....
Mostly on IPad with tap talk ....
Old 04-19-2014, 01:57 AM   #58
KLR 650 guy
UralTouristKlr650Guy

Oddometer: 457
This is a bit of what you goin to start seein up into the red centre ..Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397897821.398075.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  153.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 06:53 AM   #59
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR 650 guy View Post
This is a bit of what you goin to start seein up into the red centre ..Attachment 316830

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G/day Mate,

That looks interesting, HOT and very dusty, I am not much of a two wheeled sand rider and MUCH prefer three wheels in such circumstances. Its really a shame you folks can't get the two wheel drive Ural's in Oz.

I like your dog, he looks right at home in the hack.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #60
Diggar
Follow your heart

Oddometer: 108
Mr Cobb

I am heading north around July 1 2014 to the Pilbara for 3 weeks making as far as Marble Bar and will be exploring most of the little places that have been bypast on other journeys such as stations like White Wells ,Lake Moore and the ride from Marble Bar to Hillside station on the little Dakar.Worked in Meekatharra for 3 1/2 years and never had much time to look around as much as I should have.If that fits in with your plans in the future.Not enough time to make to the OCR, but it could be done if you continued on.
Diggar is offline   Reply With Quote