User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #46
HenryFL OP
Old: Molly

Oddometer: 98
Update for anyone interested

The bones are joining and healing, not crunching around anymore. But I did have another complication - a badly damaged vein complete with blot clot. This has become the most painful part of the whole ordeal. it sent me back to the ER last week. It seems to be calming down now, or I'm getting used to it, but I am headed to vascular doctor to check it next week. Also, have a severely hurting rib which I didn't even notice until a week into it when the swelling and shoulder pain went down. Doc said it is likely broken (it's all black and blue) but there is nothing to do about it since it obviously didn't puncture anything being that I'm alive and all. Clav still hurts of course but I can see now how it will heal and get better. At first I just couldn't imagine how a bone that busted up could heal, but it seems to be doing it. I hate seeing my whole right clav area a vastly different shape than the other side, and I am worried about how it is going to feel down the road with a giant cockeyed lump of bone sticking up. But I guess many have lived with that so we'll see. Doc leaning away from surgery now because it is joining up on its own.

I've had some other painful things, like a full sinus surgery, and a knee cap reduction due to spurs, and never did I take the pain meds. Ok I took a few just for fun. But never really needed them. But with this clavicle, I took them full on in the first week, as it just throbbed at level 10 even when sitting perfectly still. Amazing how badly it hurt at first. I don't recommend it ; )

Past: DR-Z400SM, XT225, KX250, CR125, CR250, RM125
HenryFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #47
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryFL View Post
The bones are joining and healing, not crunching around anymore. But I did have another complication - a badly damaged vein complete with blot clot. This has become the most painful part of the whole ordeal. it sent me back to the ER last week. It seems to be calming down now, or I'm getting used to it, but I am headed to vascular doctor to check it next week. Also, have a severely hurting rib which I didn't even notice until a week into it when the swelling and shoulder pain went down. Doc said it is likely broken (it's all black and blue) but there is nothing to do about it since it obviously didn't puncture anything being that I'm alive and all. Clav still hurts of course but I can see now how it will heal and get better. At first I just couldn't imagine how a bone that busted up could heal, but it seems to be doing it. I hate seeing my whole right clav area a vastly different shape than the other side, and I am worried about how it is going to feel down the road with a giant cockeyed lump of bone sticking up. But I guess many have lived with that so we'll see. Doc leaning away from surgery now because it is joining up on its own.

I've had some other painful things, like a full sinus surgery, and a knee cap reduction due to spurs, and never did I take the pain meds. Ok I took a few just for fun. But never really needed them. But with this clavicle, I took them full on in the first week, as it just throbbed at level 10 even when sitting perfectly still. Amazing how badly it hurt at first. I don't recommend it ; )
Glad to hear things are looking up. Pain killers never killed any pain for me, however they did take me to lala land and I cared a little less about said throbbing.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #48
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,863
Nobody ever highsided with the throttle pinned.... it's just not possible
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #49
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebert View Post
I have a video where Karen did a quick high side but she got up and said to me "I told you", in reference to she wasn't ready for the deep sand. Happened in 2010. Preview pic:

Hope you have a speedy recovery as the season is just starting.
..and herein is the perfect visual to the lyrics.... Bum, bum, bum, another one bites the dust....

Gotta hand it to her... She's a trooper!

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"

LarryGee screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 06:17 PM
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #50
LarryGee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
But I did have another complication - a badly damaged vein complete with blot clot. This has become the most painful part of the whole ordeal. it sent me back to the ER last week.
You seem to be taking this all in stride however, all joking aside, pay bet special attention the extremity with the clot. I had a personal near death experience with this same issue.

If you experience ANY shortness of breath, or if you notice ANY swelling in any of your extremities, RUN, do not walk, to the ER.

Pay attention, don't ignore the signs... Take care.

"I've never met a man on his deathbed who wished he had spent more time at the office"
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 AM   #51
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,863
How ya coming along Henry? Lot's of us have been there by the way.

Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #52
HenryFL OP

Not so great. Going back to dr Friday due to intensifying pain and some new swelling. All this now after it really seemed to be getting much better about a week ago. I wonder if I am getting a non union.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #53
PFSGATORS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Not so great. Going back to dr Friday due to intensifying pain and some new swelling. All this now after it really seemed to be getting much better about a week ago. I wonder if I am getting a non union.
Yea, something wrong for sure. 6 weeks after I broke mine, It was sore to ride but I could. It wasn't long after that I was back in the game strong.

Patrick
PFSGATORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #54
HenryFL OP

X rays show that it is healing ok. extra pain just due to that it was a nasty break. he thinks I will end up taking three months to get through it all. starting therapy next well which might hurt but should help as well. My whole right shoulder is significantly differently shaped and sized now compared to the other side. hoping therapy will help me get it back to more the way it used to be but it will never reach one hundred percent because I lost some overall length in the bone.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:17 AM   #55
nevermind
sLOW Rider

Oddometer: 2,855
Have "fun" at PT Henry!!! My therapist (torturist) used the "tears from the eyeballs" method before she stopped...
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #56
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 4,019
Quote:
X rays show that it is healing ok. extra pain just due to that it was a nasty break. he thinks I will end up taking three months to get through it all. starting therapy next well which might hurt but should help as well. My whole right shoulder is significantly differently shaped and sized now compared to the other side. hoping therapy will help me get it back to more the way it used to be but it will never reach one hundred percent because I lost some overall length in the bone.
3 months huh? Yer no doubt gonna need someone to keep that WR fit for riding.

Oh yeah, that collarbone thing. Heal well my friend. And don't take any crap from from your therapist.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote