ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - West & PNW
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
wandering fool OP
A Man on a Bike
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: New Orleans
Oddometer: 73
Tour of Idaho T3

I tried the Motorcycle Jazz site and the link to files is dead. Anyone have the tracks to Tour of Idaho T3 or similar? Thanks.
wandering fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering fool View Post
I tried the Motorcycle Jazz site and the link to files is dead. Anyone have the tracks to Tour of Idaho T3 or similar? Thanks.
I think I have them on GPSXchange.com as part of Idaho system.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
pckopp
Aged Adventurer
 
pckopp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering fool View Post
I tried the Motorcycle Jazz site and the link to files is dead. Anyone have the tracks to Tour of Idaho T3 or similar? Thanks.
They are there: http://www.motorcyclejazz.com/TID_Route_Description.htm

Fifth paragraph down - look for the D1, D2, ...

Just be sure you are not some
Quote:
ADVRider wanker who's sad because you can't just download a track directly into your GPS unit
__________________
Phil in Seattle, WA
Most recent adventure: Europe 2014
pckopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
wandering fool OP
A Man on a Bike
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: New Orleans
Oddometer: 73
Thanks I'll check that out but it still looks like it's route 1 and not 3. Thanks for the responses.
wandering fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
pckopp
Aged Adventurer
 
pckopp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering fool View Post
Thanks I'll check that out but it still looks like it's route 1 and not 3. Thanks for the responses.
Yes, you are correct. My bad.
__________________
Phil in Seattle, WA
Most recent adventure: Europe 2014
pckopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #6
wandering fool OP
A Man on a Bike
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: New Orleans
Oddometer: 73
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? I tried emailing Motorcycle Jazz but haven't heard back from them. Please anyone with T3 tracks or similar post your .gpx files.
wandering fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #7
pckopp
Aged Adventurer
 
pckopp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering fool View Post
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? I tried emailing Motorcycle Jazz but haven't heard back from them. Please anyone with T3 tracks or similar post your .gpx files.
Over in the Rockies section is this thread:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851652

You will find a gpx file I posted for each of the T1 sections. I think many of these are the same or close to T3. An examination of the maps linked on the motojazz site can show you where the differences are. Making a track for those small sections should be pretty simple. I seem to remember I found all of T3 on Google Maps so it will certainly be in any Garmin map package.

Remember, the map isn't the ground!
__________________
Phil in Seattle, WA
Most recent adventure: Europe 2014
pckopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #8
wandering fool OP
A Man on a Bike
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: New Orleans
Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckopp View Post
Over in the Rockies section is this thread:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851652

You will find a gpx file I posted for each of the T1 sections. I think many of these are the same or close to T3. An examination of the maps linked on the motojazz site can show you where the differences are. Making a track for those small sections should be pretty simple. I seem to remember I found all of T3 on Google Maps so it will certainly be in any Garmin map package.

Remember, the map isn't the ground!
Thanks! Got 'em, can't wait for Idaho this summer!
wandering fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
byways
byways
 
byways's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 2,029
Idaho's motorcycle trail system ...

... is amazing. Have a look at this trail-system map.

Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation, and district Forest Service and BLM recreation specialists, have been helpful to me, and they will be helpful to you as well if you need it.

It's a great state!
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014