ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #46
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,321
I'm going to see where this goes.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #47
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,633
when the gates are closed, how do you get up to save someone?
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #48
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
when the gates are closed, how do you get up to save someone?
Valid point. When my dad was with the San Diego Mountain Rescue Team, they had a key to the gates.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #49
Mr. Carts OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cahuilla Mountian
Oddometer: 301
Key? We do not need a key.

If I have to I can go over, under or around any locked gate.
Mr. Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #50
OlDirt58
Pucker bush dodger
 
OlDirt58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 170
What if, since we have "Regional Forums" just label a thread "Emergency for CNF" or what ever riding areas you want. There always seems to be people logged or lurking on this website 24/7. Leave info with others and your login and password. Personally I would not care "WHO" finds me, they can always assist in getting "Professionals", just that I am Found in need. For every tragedy, there are the "What If" factors and if we all made good decisions there would not be many of these to hash over. Things happen and I am sorry for the loss, this could have been anyone of us.
__________________
Old Guys Rule !!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...00000553457836
OlDirt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #51
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Carts View Post
Key? We do not need a key.

If I have to I can go over, under or around any locked gate.
Sadly, if you do, even if it's for the noble purpose of trying to find someone who is lost, you will likely get a ticket at a minimum.

There's a reason so many people suggest coordinating with the local SAR authorities.

If the gates aren't locked, then no problem!
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #52
Mr. Carts OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cahuilla Mountian
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Sadly, if you do, even if it's for the noble purpose of trying to find someone who is lost, you will likely get a ticket at a minimum.

There's a reason so many people suggest coordinating with the local SAR authorities.

If the gates aren't locked, then no problem!



Look if you were laying on the side of the road with a busted leg, I do not think you would care what we did about the locked gates, just that we found you.

If I got a ticket it would be a small price to pay to save you from dying of exposure.
Mr. Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #53
Mr. Carts OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cahuilla Mountian
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDirt58 View Post
What if, since we have "Regional Forums" just label a thread "Emergency for CNF" or what ever riding areas you want. There always seems to be people logged or lurking on this website 24/7. Leave info with others and your login and password. Personally I would not care "WHO" finds me, they can always assist in getting "Professionals", just that I am Found in need. For every tragedy, there are the "What If" factors and if we all made good decisions there would not be many of these to hash over. Things happen and I am sorry for the loss, this could have been anyone of us.


Excellent idea, that way we could get phone calls out to the group immediately and get the ball rolling ASAP.
Mr. Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #54
bluedog52
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bluedog52's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Sadly, if you do, even if it's for the noble purpose of trying to find someone who is lost, you will likely get a ticket at a minimum.

There's a reason so many people suggest coordinating with the local SAR authorities.

If the gates aren't locked, then no problem!
You can see where this is leading. Before a rescue attempt we'll need to lock down the forest. More procedures for the professionals to follow wasting time. Clearly state organized associations are formed to take even more of our freedoms away. They'll stop at nothing to keep us from organizing to help one another.

"Interested spectators of action but not participants" Walter Lippmann
bluedog52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #55
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Carts View Post
Look if you were laying on the side of the road with a busted leg, I do not think you would care what we did about the locked gates, just that we found you.

If I got a ticket it would be a small price to pay to save you from dying of exposure.
You're right. But your attitude about this is not in the right place.


I'm out.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #56
ffr2370
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ffr2370's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: South Main Divide
Oddometer: 128
The moto rider that went up from Indian TT early in the morning and found the guy didnt have a key and I expect not worried about getting a ticket.
ffr2370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #57
KLRrob
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Corona, CA
Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffr2370 View Post
The moto rider that went up from Indian TT early in the morning and found the guy didnt have a key and I expect not worried about getting a ticket.
According to the radio interview with the wife on KFI...The moto rider was part of her search efforts, which was a friend/relative on an ATV, along with another friend/relative. They rode ahead while she hiked up Indian Truck Trail with a couple others.
KLRrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #58
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,633
if you got around the locked gate (dragging your bike under/riding around) how do you get an unconscious person or a person with a broken femur out? in an area with possibly spotty cell service. do you have a SAT phone?
just because you get to an injured person but have no clue what to do, does no one any good.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #59
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,633
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #60
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,633
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014